Chicken Little Syndrome in High Gear

Green DNA

Holy crap, I can't believe the amount of people going ape $hit over a loss to the Patriots. This is a team that went undefeated last year and despite losing their best player are still extremely talented and well coached. If you functioned like this in your daily lives, half of you would be on medication or in an asylum. This is what we see on the board today:

Doom & Gloom - The Jets can never do anything right, are always destined to have things go wrong and generally suck

Bipolar - Pre-game, love the Jets, gay for Favre and soon as things don't work out as planned, hate the Jets, think Favre is an old man and everyone sucks

The reality is that the Jets have a lot of new parts that need time to gel. Favre has played 2 games with this team and needs time to develop chemistry qwith the team and learn the entire playbook. To think that he is going to get of the plane from Green Bay and light it up from day one is being delusional.

The playcalling was conservative and I think Mangini and Schott need to realize that Chad is history, there is a guy that can make all the throws under center now. On a related note, the penalties were inexcusable and not what you would expect from a well coached team. The 12 man on the field in the 4th quarter was comical, Gholston running on the field at the last second, running arounsd like a chicken without a head and then it turns out he was not even supposed to be on the field. Someone told him to get out there however.

No argument from me here, special teams do suck. The Patriots started 4 drives in Jets territory as the direct result of not so special teams plays. Ben Graham needs to start looking for another job, he did the same crap last year. On the flip side, the Pats kicking game was awesome, giving the Jets a long field to work with all day long.

Bottom line: take a valium or a shot of whiskey (or some jello shots). This is a marathon, not a sprint. The doom and gloom is comical as are a lot of the threads pointing out our suckiness.

Holy crap, I can't believe the amount of people going ape $hit over a loss to the Patriots. This is a team that went undefeated last year and despite losing their best player are still extremely talented and well coached. If you functioned like this in your daily lives, half of you would be on medication or in an asylum. This is what we see on the board today:

Doom & Gloom - The Jets can never do anything right, are always destined to have things go wrong and generally suck

Bipolar - Pre-game, love the Jets, gay for Favre and soon as things don't work out as planned, hate the Jets, think Favre is an old man and everyone sucks

The reality is that the Jets have a lot of new parts that need time to gel. Favre has played 2 games with this team and needs time to develop chemistry qwith the team and learn the entire playbook. To think that he is going to get of the plane from Green Bay and light it up from day one is being delusional.

The playcalling was conservative and I think Mangini and Schott need to realize that Chad is history, there is a guy that can make all the throws under center now. On a related note, the penalties were inexcusable and not what you would expect from a well coached team. The 12 man on the field in the 4th quarter was comical, Gholston running on the field at the last second, running arounsd like a chicken without a head and then it turns out he was not even supposed to be on the field. Someone told him to get out there however.

No argument from me here, special teams do suck. The Patriots started 4 drives in Jets territory as the direct result of not so special teams plays. Ben Graham needs to start looking for another job, he did the same crap last year. On the flip side, the Pats kicking game was awesome, giving the Jets a long field to work with all day long.

Bottom line: take a valium or a shot of whiskey (or some jello shots). This is a marathon, not a sprint. The doom and gloom is comical as are a lot of the threads pointing out our suckiness.

It was what the loss did to us. For the first time this State seemed like a JETS State rather then a Giants 1 despite them winning the SB, The JETS were finally getting the respect & attention they deserved & had our team followed through with a win yesterday instead of another loss to the Patsy`s ,we would have been right up at the top when so called experts were talking about the better teams in this league this season. But we didn`t do that we went conservative & proved BB is the real football genius.& I don`t need a Valium or a shot of Wiskey ,just a few wins put together would be nice for a start though...

It was what the loss did to us. For the first time this State seemed like a JETS State rather then a Giants 1 despite them winning the SB, The JETS were finally getting the respect & attention they deserved & had our team followed through with a win yesterday instead of another loss to the Patsy`s ,we would have been right up at the top when so called experts were talking about the better teams in this league this season. But we didn`t do that we went conservative & proved BB is the real football genius.& I don`t need a Valium or a shot of Wiskey ,just a few wins put together would be nice for a start though...

I hear ya, but apart from the SB loss to the Giants, I really couldn't tell you the last time that the Patriots lost a game. What we saw was the Patriots are not a one man team. Even though there was a lot of disappointing things that went on yesterday, there were good things too. The D looks like it will be a force all year long and once the O falls into place I see this team heading to the playoffs.

Can't do anything in this league without beating teams in the division. I'm not saying its the end of the world or the season, but we played scared and I think most people are upset about that. The people who say "Jets suck", "Favre sucks", "Fire Mangini" blah blah blah aren't real fans of this team, or were just bandwangoner(s) who thought Favre was the savior. Any real Jets fan knows the history with this team and the crazy divisional games we play. This isn't the first time we lost to a backup QB. As far as respect goes, when we start winning, it will come. Looking good on paper means nothing.

Can't do anything in this league without beating teams in the division. I'm not saying its the end of the world or the season, but we played scared and I think most people are upset about that. The people who say "Jets suck", "Favre sucks", "Fire Mangini" blah blah blah aren't real fans of this team, or were just bandwangoner(s) who thought Favre was the savior. Any real Jets fan knows the history with this team and the crazy divisional games we play. This isn't the first time we lost to a backup QB. As far as respect goes, when we start winning, it will come. Looking good on paper means nothing.

Those who complain myself included have seen the GOOD,BAD and the UGLY.WE are tired of the UGLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

At the present time this board is flat out unbearable.

yeah it is...you just have to glance at who is posting a scroll down until you find someone logical...i know it can feel like taking on a second job but it will ease your desire to cut your brain out of your skull and throwing it against a wall.

the jets just need to throw this game out and move on.

it was really the negative 1st down plays that killed them on offense. penalties, backwards passes, and sacks killed just about every drive before it even got started. these are correctable errors and mostly mental not physical.

bottom line is that the offense needs to figure out how to move the ball better, especially in the red zone. for the last 2 years this has been one of worst red zone offenses in the league. i don't care if they bring in brad smith and run the wing-t but something has to change.

And we're supposed to just come out and make it happen against a team that won 18 out of 19 last year? I don't care where we're playing or who their QB is - they were a better football team yesterday and thats really not an amazing phenomena when you think about it. The challenge is to see if we can be the better football team in 9 weeks when we play in Foxboro. I'm unfortunately suspect we may not have the coaching to get that done.

Archived