Is Coles Man-Love for Chad hurting his play?

SouthernJet

I really think Coles has a man love crush on Chad and this thing has taken on jilted lover proprtions with Jet management.

He seems to lack concentration and not into game.

At this point the only way to get him to catch the ball is to put 'Eau de Chad's nutsack' perfume on the football.

281x211.jpg

It really is unacceptable the way he has reacted, and that also lies firmly at the doorstep of Mangini.

He has allowed this poutfest to continue, and he needs to be told to forget, move and play as a member of the New York jets. Not Chad Pennington's favorite receiver.

The sideline play, which cost a critical first down was placed squarely on his hands, and he makes that play 99% of the time.

I am beginning to wonder if the front office took their "tough love" image too much to heart and have gone soft- Baker contract extension, Coles contract and allowing the pouting, etc.

This organization seems WAY too back page conscious.

I really can't get over this hate for Coles, like it or not he outplayed Cotchery yesterday and at least made a play or two. I know he dropped two balls, but guess what? That **** ****ing happens in football!!! Nothing to get pissy about. Coles was fine yesterday, he'll continue to get more and more involved throughout the season. Look for him to have a big game vs Cromartie on MNF if he gets the matchup.

I really can't get over this hate for Coles, like it or not he outplayed Cotchery yesterday and at least made a play or two. I know he dropped two balls, but guess what? That **** ****ing happens in football!!! Nothing to get pissy about. Coles was fine yesterday, he'll continue to get more and more involved throughout the season. Look for him to have a big game vs Cromartie on MNF if he gets the matchup.

His effort had the look of a lacksadaisical one, and when you combine that with his recent "hurt feelings" you begin to question heart.

I am.

He has allowed this poutfest to continue, and he needs to be told to forget, move and play as a member of the New York jets. Not Chad Pennington's favorite receiver.

The sideline play, which cost a critical first down was placed squarely on his hands, and he makes that play 99% of the time.

POTW...

Beans and I had EXACT same discussion at Amedeo's yesterday with Beans throwing in 'Lets just trade him to Miami and his lover and be done with it'

His effort had the look of a lacksadaisical one, and when you combine that with his recent "hurt feelings" you begin to question heart.

I am.

exactly,,i have seen more football than most of you..that doesnt mean i know more XsOs, but I have seen the gamut of emotions over years, and SD is right,,his heart is just not there

I am.

I don't care what some think he looked like, on the play were he gained 52 yards (Which just so happened to be our best offensive play) the reason it was successful was because Coles did not quit on Favre. He knew Favre would look to improvise and made a play.

I don't care what some think he looked like, on the play were he gained 52 yards (Which just so happened to be our best offensive play) the reason it was successful was because Coles did not quit on Favre. He knew Favre would look to improvise and made a play.

doesnt justify rest of plays,,i want 100% concentration and emotion on every play,,,its just not there yet..

i seriously think he has a gay thing going on sub conscioulsy with Chad and its permeated his inner core...

time to ship him off to Miami where he can make Breakfast for Chad

he made a nice play and adjustment there.

I wish that effort would have been given on some of the other plays weher he just appeared to be going through the motions and and not giving his usual effort.

Didn't Moss drop a ball? It happens, Coles has good hands throughout his career IMO.

there is no fire..no excitement afte r catching a ball, no pissed off attitude when he misses,,this wouldnt be a concern if it hadnt been his MO before his Lover was traded...

exactly,,i have seen more football than most of you..that doesnt mean i know more XsOs, but I have seen the gamut of emotions over years, and SD is right,,his heart is just not there

coles drops has a lot to do with the X's and O's on two drops they were broken routes. was he an cry baby this offseason, yes he was, but the fact here is a lot of favres completions yesterday were on boot leg stuff and broken routes so the stuff thats being dropped now by coles and whoever else are all due to lack of communication and time together. coles rarely shows emotion on the field stemming back to last season. when he was younger he was more emotional. what good is ti going to do for him to throw a sissy fit on the field so then today were all calling him a baby. coles needs to find his role in this offense, a lot of people on this board want to bring up the old fashion "i played this sport" line so for the ones who did and want to use that line then you should be able to understand whats going on here. he went from being a #1 target to probably right now a 2 or 3 and he is out of place for the first time in a couple of years so before we start to bash coles after a loss lets let more then 2 weeks of the season play out. he dropped balls, yes some were during crucial times during the game, but they werent all his fault they were broken plays go back to the game and watch them so its on favre too. plain and simple coles was a baby this offseason but he gives it his allllll every sunday for this team so simply give the guy a break he doesnt deserve to have his PLAY questioned.

The side line out pattern was not a broken play and the ball doinked directly off his hands. That was a drive ender.

A play I have seen him make a million times before.

He seemed to be going through the motions out there.

coles drops has a lot to do with the X's and O's on two drops they were broken routes. was he an cry baby this offseason, yes he was, but the fact here is a lot of favres completions yesterday were on boot leg stuff and broken routes so the stuff thats being dropped now by coles and whoever else are all due to lack of communication and time together. coles rarely shows emotion on the field stemming back to last season. when he was younger he was more emotional. what good is ti going to do for him to throw a sissy fit on the field so then today were all calling him a baby. coles needs to find his role in this offense, a lot of people on this board want to bring up the old fashion "i played this sport" line so for the ones who did and want to use that line then you should be able to understand whats going on here. he went from being a #1 target to probably right now a 2 or 3 and he is out of place for the first time in a couple of years so before we start to bash coles after a loss lets let more then 2 weeks of the season play out. he dropped balls, yes some were during crucial times during the game, but they werent all his fault they were broken plays go back to the game and watch them so its on favre too. plain and simple coles was a baby this offseason but he gives it his allllll every sunday for this team so simply give the guy a break he doesnt deserve to have his PLAY questioned.

The side line out pattern was not a broken play and the ball doinked directly off his hands. That was a drive ender.

A play I have seen him make a million times before.

He seemed to be going through the motions out there.

agree,,anyoine who has seen him over years knows something is not right upsatirs for him

I wanted him gone before they gave him any type of guarantee this offseason, the guy has been and expects to be payed like a top 10 receiver throughout his career and he isn't even a real #1. It's always going to something with him and it's not like a T.O./CJ/Moss situation where the headaches are worth the on field production. He's just a miserable POS, and it gets old.

Didn't Moss drop a ball? It happens, Coles has good hands throughout his career IMO.

The difference is Moss will beat himself up over the drop and catch that ball 9 times out of 10. When Coles droped one the only reason he might have been upset is because it stoped the clock which means he'll have to wait longer to get in the locker room and text message Chad.

The difference is Moss will beat himself up over the drop and catch that ball 9 times out of 10. When Coles droped one the only reason he might have been upset is because it stoped the clock which means he'll have to wait longer to get in the locker room and text message Chad.

:rl:

coles: I luv u

chad: WTF

watching the game it seemed Cotch drew double coverage most of day which is why stuckey open all day

No he wasn't, nearly every time it showed the coverage downfield he was one on one with ither Hobbs or O'Neal and got NO seperation. I like Cotch, but he did nothing yesterday.

agree,,anyoine who has seen him over years knows something is not right upsatirs for him

He's not trying as hard as he can. That can NOT be denied, its beyond obvious.

I have watched nearly every game Coles has played in and I don't think anything is necessarily "wrong upstairs" or that he is not trying as hard as he can.

He missed the entire preseason and is coming off a leg injury. He had a great rapport with Pennington on the field and Pennington throws and extremely soft catchable ball. I'm not surprised that he has trouble handling a couple of darts from Favre the first few games. You guys want to complain that he was waiting for the clock to run out, but there are quotes in the paper where he took blame for the drops and the loss.

I have watched nearly every game Coles has played in and I don't think anything is necessarily "wrong upstairs" or that he is not trying as hard as he can.

He missed the entire preseason and is coming off a leg injury. He had a great rapport with Pennington on the field and Pennington throws and extremely soft catchable ball. I'm not surprised that he has trouble handling a couple of darts from Favre the first few games. You guys want to complain that he was waiting for the clock to run out, but there are quotes in the paper where he took blame for the drops and the loss.

It's funny now with Pennington gone, people get confused with who to blame. So to solve this dilemma they go after Penningtons buddy, clearly the game was all on him.

Pennington made things so much easier, he gave the Jets fanbase a scapegoat. Now everyone's panicking because they don't know what to do. Tough times.

I am willing to give Coles the benefit of the doubt. He has been a warrior for us to throw him under the bus at this point.

However. I just watched the replay of his long catch and run. He had Baker in front of him doing a nice job of screening one DB while another DB was closing in at an angle. On the replay, it looked like Coles just ran into Baker's back which allowed the other DB to tackle him. WTF? If he just cut outside of Baker, it was an easy TD. Where is this guy's head?

Archived