Top 5 Yankees of all Time

MagicBizkit87

Since Joe Morgan was so obnoxious to kiss Reggie Jackson's ass during yesterday's game, and basically put Mariano Rivera down for Reggie Jackson, I am curious who you guys think are the top 5 Yankees of all time, here is my list.

1) Babe

2) Gehrig

3) Mantle

4) Joe D

5) Mo Rivera

It would be hard to argue that list. Those who don't buy into the closer deserves to be in the HOF would argue against Rivera.

Ford, Berra could be on that list possibly but I think you pretty much nailed it.

Since Joe Morgan was so obnoxious to kiss Reggie Jackson's ass during yesterday's game, and basically put Mariano Rivera down for Reggie Jackson, I am curious who you guys think are the top 5 Yankees of all time, here is my list.

1) Babe

2) Gehrig

3) Mantle

4) Joe D

5) Mo Rivera

Hard to argue with that. If he can win 2 rings by the time he retires that would put ARod in contention based on numbers. Also if that happened that would most likely mean that Jeter had 6 -- making his all time place interesting.

Time will tell.

LOL.

Your other post I think was actually closer to the truth than that statement.

Wait, in another post you say that A-Rod aquiring 2 rings :) give him crredance to this list.

But you off handedly dismiss Yogi's 10? I don't knwo if there is a more impressive record to have in baseball. And from a position that is so important.

Saves? eh.

Wait, in another post you say that A-Rod aquiring 2 rings :) give him crredance to this list.

But you off handedly dismiss Yogi's 10? I don't knwo if there is a more impressive record to have in baseball. And from a position that is so important.

Saves? eh.

Honestly my list between #5, and #6 could have gone either way with Rivera, and Berra. 10 rings is an amazing thing to do, the majority of players don't even get one, and Berra has a ring for every finger on his hands.

gee... maybe I should put him at #5.

Honestly my list between #5, and #6 could have gone either way with Rivera, and Berra. 10 rings is an amazing thing to do, the majority of players don't even get one, and Berra has a ring for every finger on his hands.

gee... maybe I should put him at #5.

Hey, that is what makes a list fun-not being able to agree.

Mets top 5? much easire to fill out without scratching your head-unfortunately. And we have to include a drug abuser. Maybe 2.

And also for the young guys, Jim Bouton's "Ball Four" is a true baseball primer.

Even though it is tame by today's standards, it is a great look into the game.

The guy was basically black-balled from baseball for breaking "the code"

I still have a paperback copy. Remember when they tried to turn it into a TV series in the 70s?

1. Ruth

2. Mantle ( If Dimaggio doesn't purposely run into him in the outfield, he would've been the best player EVER)

3. Gehrig

4. DiMaggio

5. Reggie

I'm biased toward Reggie because he was my childhood hero and a true clutch hitter when it mattered, unlike that fruit we have right now that makes 300 million bucks.

1. Ruth

2. Mantle ( If Dimaggio doesn't purposely run into him in the outfield, he would've been the best player EVER)

3. Gehrig

4. DiMaggio

5. Reggie

I'm biased toward Reggie because he was my childhood hero and a true clutch hitter when it mattered, unlike that fruit we have right now that makes 300 million bucks.

I thought that Mantle hurt his leg on a sprinkler head? Is there something new?

I thought that Mantle hurt his leg on a sprinkler head? Is there something new?

That's the story that has always been told. Many have speculated otherwise , even though the Mick went along with the nice theory. DiMaggio was jealous of Mantle because he knew he was better and has a chance to out do him in every stat he had put up as a Yankee. Dimaggio was a pompous prick. Just like Hitter.com. Those 2 should rot in hell together. We will never know what Mick would've accomplished has he not gotten injured that day.

That's the story that has always been told. Many have speculated otherwise , even though the Mick went along with the nice theory. DiMaggio was jealous of Mantle because he knew he was better and has a chance to out do him in every stat he had put up as a Yankee. Dimaggio was a pompous prick. Just like Hitter.com. Those 2 should rot in hell together. We will never know what Mick would've accomplished has he not gotten injured that day.

Mick did himslef no favors by drinking and carousing also.

Heck, the same could be said of Gooden and Strawberry.

But it happened and they did it.

Mick did himslef no favors by drinking and carousing also.

Heck, the same could be said of Gooden and Strawberry.

But it happened and they did it.

I've always said the same of Strawberry. The guy had one of the best swings in MLB histroy and all the same talent the greats have had. I don't see one player right now that had all the tools Straw did. But he threw it all away.

Hey, now why did you change your original comment? Did something slip out that shouldn't have?

hahahah yea i was looking at it like should i really air him out like that..lol ive got stories apon stories i could tell.. put it this way i have a picture from when i was 8yrs sitting in between mickey and whitey while whitey is pooring miller lite on my head.. and that is the god honest truth :)

and actually it wasnt on purpose in the 51 series Mickey was calling the ball the whole way and last minute Dimag called him off which is the right of the center fielder anyways and thats when Mickey pulled up and blewout his knee on the drain.. it was not on purpose Dimag had no reason to be jealous of Mickey they both were great ball players

Archived