Worst Decision Ever?

uart

http://newyork.yankees.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20080923&content_id=3531940&vkey=news_nyy&fext=.jsp&c_id=nyy

The Yankees have told Brian Cashman they'd like him to return as general manager and should know soon whether he'll accept, according to a report Tuesday in Newsday.

"He knows that we're with him, that we want him back," Yankees co-chairman Hal Steinbrenner said in a phone interview with a reporter from the Long Island newspaper.

No. That would have been hiring Girardi.

Ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding!

WE HAVE A WINNER!

Girardi is not even a decent manager...

Apparently Cashman has everyone convinced that the draft blunders in the past 10 years are the cause of todays pain. And that thing are much better since he took over in 05 or 06.

It is amazing though, they have been through a rough run here and somehow he has the option of keeping his job.

Lots of bad contracts along the way by Cashman -- not sure he should be held in such high regard.

The Yankees record isnt even that bad. A few timely hits over the course of the season and actually touching AJ Burnett- this team would be playing meaningful baseball on the last day of the regular season.

The Rays and Blue Jays\s both got better this season. The Yankees couldnt cake off of them, which obviously hurt.

Wangs dumb ass injuring himself didnt help either.

You guys are right. Girardi was horrible at the plate all year long with RISP. His clutch hitting was non existent. He drove in one run in the 9th inning all year. They should get rid of him.

Girardi is at the helm of the worst Yankees team in the last 10 years that is currently in 3rd place.

How is Torre doing in LA? I believe the Dodgers are in 1st place.

Girardi is at the helm of the worst Yankees team in the last 10 years that is currently in 3rd place.

Exactly. Remember how Girardi's ballwashing crew was saying Torre couldn't manage in the NL?

Torre = playoffs.

Girardi = no playoffs.

Exactly. Remember how Girardi's ballwashing crew was saying Torre couldn't manage in the NL?

Torre = playoffs.

Girardi = no playoffs.

Enough of the bullsh1t Bob

How the FU*K were the Yankees with Girardi, Torre, Martin, or Miller Huggins managing going to win this year less their ace out, and throwing Darrell Rasner and Sidney Poson out there every 5th day

Like I said earlier, if Wang doesn't go down, we make teh playoffs

Might not win with this band of no clutch hitters...but we're in the playoffs

Get off Girardi's jock, it is not his fault Wang ****ed up his foot

Yankees record: 86-71 .548

Dodgers record: 81-75 .519

Torre did a heel of a job against a sh!t NL West. With that talent on that team he should have had 100 wins. Torre Sucks

How the FU*K were the Yankees with Girardi, Torre, Martin, or Miller Huggins managing going to win this year less their ace out, and throwing Darrell Rasner and Sidney Poson out there every 5th day

The bull**** is everybody making excuses for Girardi. Yankees got injured when Torre was here, too.

Girardi sucks.

Torre = playoffs.

Girardi = no playoffs.

Besides the fact that the yankees have a better record even when decimated by injuries. How many of those stupid contracts were forced on Cashman? How many times have stiengrabber said "get that guy no matter what it takes" which forced him to pay more for guys then he would have.

+1 billion

The NL West is the worst division in baseball history. Not even close to the same challenge.

Besides, Torre needed a change. So did the Yankees.

I had a ****load of hatred this whole season on Joe Girardi, but honestly I feel he doesn't deserve the majority of the blame, he does deserve some though. Brian Cashman, in my opinion is the person to blame the most.

When you have Wang, and Chamberlain out for an extended period of time, and your replacements for them are Rasner, and Ponson, two of the worst pitchers in baseball history, you can't expect to make the playoffs, I don't care if your Joe Girardi, or Joe Torre. You just can't expect to make it if those guys make starts for your team.

For right now, in my opinion Girardi is on watch, if this team doesn't get off to a fast start next year, he needs to go. Cashman needs to go now though.

I don't what it is but I find it kind of ironic that now that the pressure is off the Yanks have gone out and won 9 of 10.

That is it right there in a nutshell and we have seen that now since 2004. When the heat is on, the Yankees fold. It has gotten worse and worse since that loss to the Sox and now they can't even get to post season.

This lineup needs to be blown up but the question is can they ?

Giambi: Should be gone

Cano: Just a brutal year culimiating in his being benched by Girardi. A guy who Joe Morgan once said should win a batting title is not only not hitting 300but his OBP is under 300 as well. It will be interesting off season for Cano.

Jeter: Can't/Won't be moved

A-Rod: Can't/Won't be moved

Posada: Won't be moved.

Matsui: Should be gone. Missing most of 2006 and now most of 2008, it is time to cut bait on Matsui.

Damon: Can still hit but his OF skills are pretty much nothing now. Tough call.

Abreu: Get him out of here or make him a DH. His OF play at times was nothing short of comical.

Nady: I would keep.

This team wasn't on the same page bascially from getgo. Accept for that stretch in the middle of the year when they cut Tampa's lead to 3 games they were pretty brutal in big spots all season.

I'm not going to gripe about the injuries. Yeah they lost alot of guys for extended periods but there was still enough there that they should have at least gotten the WC.

It is going to be an interesting off season for the Yanks.

Using this formula, Girardi should have won 150.

How do you figure?

As of today:

AL East

Tampa 95 wins

Sox 92 wins

Yankees 86 wins

Toronto 83 wins

Baltimore 67

NL West

Dodgers 82

D-backs 79

Rockies 72

San Fran 70

San Diego 61

The NL West sucks ass, and those over the hill players like Kent and Nomar, along with Manny and Loney should be able to beat up on that deprived division. If the Dodgers werent in first place and Barely over .500 as it is they would be as ridiculed as the Yankees.

We have a chance to put 3 90 win teams in one Division, A great Division at that and most competitive. Injuries hurt the Yankees this year and some timely slumping all around.

I dont want to hear this whole A-Rod sucks crap either, he missed 1 full month and his stats are:.300, 35, 101 OBP: .391 Slugging: .575 He cant bat 1-9 by himself, it was an entire team effort to fail.

I like Girardi and think he will do well here. But I have always said Torre didn't get the credit he deserves here. He should have had the luxury of going out on his own terms. Not having it dictated to him. An incentive based contract for a guy with his track record here is insulting, he was right to walk away.

Like Ruben Sierra once said about the Yankees under Torre -- "All they care about is winning".

I had a ****load of hatred this whole season on Joe Girardi, but honestly I feel he doesn't deserve the majority of the blame, he does deserve some though. Brian Cashman, in my opinion is the person to blame the most.

When you have Wang, and Chamberlain out for an extended period of time, and your replacements for them are Rasner, and Ponson, two of the worst pitchers in baseball history, you can't expect to make the playoffs, I don't care if your Joe Girardi, or Joe Torre. You just can't expect to make it if those guys make starts for your team.

For right now, in my opinion Girardi is on watch, if this team doesn't get off to a fast start next year, he needs to go. Cashman needs to go now though.

Agreed. Cash didn't get it done.

Archived