M E T S METS METS METS

Blackout

Yeah we should have been eliminated a month earlier like the Skanks. :rl:

either way we're both losers in the end

the pain doesn't feel as bad if you are eliminated in game 150, instead of game 162 -- we were sensing it

i can't expect them to make it to the playoffs 1000 years in a row, eventually they have to come up short.

Wang and Joba in 09

As a Yankee fan, I can say that I would rather see this collection of clowns not make it , than go lay a big turd in the first round. That being said you can't downplay that the Mets really slapped their fans in the face by crapping their pants 2 years in a row, and failing to even make postseason. When it is all said and done, the Yanks and Mets both SUCKED MAJOR BALLS in 08.

As a Yankee fan, I can say that I would rather see this collection of clowns not make it , than go lay a big turd in the first round. That being said you can't downplay that the Mets really slapped their fans in the face by crapping their pants 2 years in a row, and failing to even make postseason. When it is all said and done, the Yanks and Mets both SUCKED MAJOR BALLS in 08.

Sadly, no arguement here. :(

I couldn't agree more. I'd rather be a bad team than have my heart ripped out at the end of the season. Again.

Agreed a 100%. ****ing Mets. 2 Straight years of having your heart tossed in the blender. I was debating with a buddy about which was worse. Last year or this year? He said last year was worse because of the huge lead and I thought it was this year only because of what happened last year. Then again, last year was worse, as the Bills slapped the Jets around on the same day, pretty much letting everyone know they were not going to be very good.

Agreed a 100%. ****ing Mets. 2 Straight years of having your heart tossed in the blender. I was debating with a buddy about which was worse. Last year or this year? He said last year was worse because of the huge lead and I thought it was this year only because of what happened last year. Then again, last year was worse, as the Bills slapped the Jets around on the same day, pretty much letting everyone know they were not going to be very good.

Last year was much worse. That team should have never collapsed the way they did.

This year it was kinda expected with the mediocre baseball they played for the first 2 months. A part of me is surprised they made it to 89 wins.

But, it ends the same way with no championship. And more question marks.

Its sad we have to be that way. Really is. But when something good finally does happen to us, we will enjoy it tremendously.

I think there is a lot to that. It takes a lot to be a fan of a bum franchise. The reward is so much greater when your team finally comes through. I have a ton or respect for the Yankee fans who lived through the 80's an early 90s. Those were some tough years. Then there are the 14-26 year olds who became Yankee fans during that run through the late 90s who feel like everything is owe to them. I can't imagine the insane high the Sox fans must have felt in 2004. That must be the pinnacle of being a fan.

Last year was much worse. That team should have never collapsed the way they did.

This year it was kinda expected with the mediocre baseball they played for the first 2 months. A part of me is surprised they made it to 89 wins.

It was dissapointing to hear Minaya, in the little snippet that I saw, justifying (or seemingly so) the performance the team has given over the last 3 years. He seemed to be making a case for accepting mediocrity.

It was dissapointing to hear Minaya, in the little snippet that I saw, justifying (or seemingly so) the performance the team has given over the last 3 years. He seemed to be making a case for accepting mediocrity.

If he says they suck and need changes, then its his fault.

Spin it that it was a tough break, a game here or there, blah blah blah, and he doesnt look like he caused the problem with some of his acquisitions.

Its a cover your ass situation for him. He's hoping people, and the owner, buy it.

Personally, I like Minaya, but I think he's done a fair job. Not great or awful. I would give him at least one more year, but the fact he's putting money in the Wilpons pockets, I don't see them getting rid of him anytime soon.

You've summed up my feelings quite well. This year I KNEW deep down they weren't going to pull it off. Last year conditioned me nicely for the eventual letdown.

Archived