**** Official Hockey East 2008-09 Season Thread ****

Lil Bit Special

• Replies 934
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What game were you watching?

A bogus penalty, and pulling the goalie for a 6 on 4 is the only reason you tied it

Northeastern dominated that game

Hey Gainzo....go eat a bag-o-d1cks

NU had 7 guys on the ice. I wouldn't call that a bogus penalty.

Shots on goal:

Lowell: 41

NU:25

What game were you watching?

uml_nu_032009_umlcelebrates_1.jpg

It was a great game to be at last night.

Northeastern didnt play well at all and due to some dumb mistakes by Lowell had quite a few good opportunities to score but didnt.

Lowell kept with their game plan (which I was against) of dump-and-chase and taking easy shots to either force a face-off or get a good rebound.

Northeastern relied too heavily on Thiessen last night, basically deciding to play defense all 3rd period instead of taking it to Lowell. And too many men on the ice is boneheaded.

There is no reason the 5th ranked team in the Nation struggled against UMass last week and was unable to put together a good performance against the 19th ranked Lowell team last night. This team just isnt very good outside of their goaltender and any team that does its homework should be able to beat them in the tourney.

Good luck tonight Gainzo! GO RIVERHAWKS!

Manchester:

Ohio State vs. Boston University

North Dakota vs. New Hampshire

Bridgeport:

Air Force vs. Michigan

Vermont vs. Yale

Minneapolis:

Miami vs. Denver

Princeton vs. Minn.-Duluth

Grand Rapids:

Bemidji State vs. Notre Dame

Cornell vs. Northeastern

Kind of criminal UNH makes it.

Manchester:

Bridgeport:

Air Force vs. Michigan

Vermont vs. Yale

Minneapolis:

Miami vs. Denver

Grand Rapids:

Cornell vs. Northeastern

Kind of criminal UNH makes it.

Im ok with them making it. They won the games they needed to win. I like the way the NCAA uses the PWR ranking system. Its fair for all teams.

BU over OSU

NoDak over UNH

Michigan over AF

VT over Yale

Denver over Miami

MinnD over Princton

ND over BS

Cornell over NU

Then again, there was no way Hockey East would allow Lowell to defeat Jackie and BU for the title... so in my mind there was no doubt... I just hoped Lowell would be able to play well enough to overcome the cosmic forces.

I can't believe they disallowed that goal. While being outnumbered 2-1 by BU fans I thought we made a hell of a lot more noise than they did. The Garden was deafening on the no-goal.

Fantastic season for Lowell and things are looking good for the future.

And Jack Parker can eat a bag of dicks.

Manchester:

Bridgeport:

Air Force vs. Michigan

Vermont vs. Yale

Minneapolis:

Miami vs. Denver

Grand Rapids:

Cornell vs. Northeastern

Those are my picks. (Bolded are the winners.)

Cornell might beat Northeastern by 50.

It may get that ugly.

Thanks for guaranteeing a win for the Huskies:cheers:

WooooooooooHooooooooooo:rl:

Between your and Gainzo's opinions, you have just about assured the Huskies a National Championship

im a jealous douchebag because I think Cornell will beat them?

No. I saw them play 4 games over 2 weekends and dont think they are very good.

Did you watch them play their last 4 games?

Word.

The blew the regular season title.

Nearly lost to UMASS.

Lost to UMASS_Lowell.

They are not exactly building momentum.

Thanks for guaranteeing a win for the Huskies:cheers:

WooooooooooHooooooooooo:rl:

Between your and Gainzo's opinions, you have just about assured the Huskies a National Championship

I thought our opinions were right on the money when it came to the Lowell/NU game.

Lowell will beat Northeastern on Friday. Take that to the bank Mr front runner.

Lowell will destroy Northeastern.

The infamous call from Saturday's 1-1 BU win.

A few points on this:

1). As much as the net is going up and down it never came off it's moorings until way after the puck went into the net and the whistle finally blew.

2). At the 41 second mark keep an eye on #7 from Lowell (Edwards) getting cross checked a half dozen times by #18 from BU (Yip).

3). Watch the puck go in at the 1:02 mark as the red light goes on, the Lowell players celebrate and then the whistle blows.

4). Watch the play in real-time from the overhead camera at the 1:25 mark.

tnibxyJAu8w

Would Lowell have won this game if the play stood? I don't know but I would have been nice to see the final 30 minutes of a tie game instead of being down a goal.

If NU sucks so badly, why are they in the National Hockey Championship Tourney?

I'll preface this by saying I know nothing about hockey, but it seems to me that the Huskies don't play well under pressure. They stiffen up and play stupid. I blame the coach. He seems both stiff and stupid.

They played well for most of the season.

Last 3 weeks they have been far from one of the best teams in the nation. Maybe they just need to get back to playing good teams since the sh!tty teams seem to have them flustrated.

I'll preface this by saying I know nothing about hockey, but it seems to me that the Huskies don't play well under pressure. They stiffen up and play stupid. I blame the coach. He seems both stiff and stupid.

Apart from the automatic bids that teams receive for winning their conference tourneys it all comes down to math. RPI, PairWise & TUC. http://www.uscho.com/FAQs/?data=selection which is fair to a point.

Northeastern made the NCAA's because they had 25 wins this season and did very well in the ranking that counts.

Lowell finished the season ranked 21st in the PairWise rankings, 16th in the USCHO.com/CBS College Sports poll and 14th in the USA Today poll.

Apart from BU I'll be rooting for the Hockey East teams in the NCAA's

Apart from the automatic bids that teams receive for winning their conference tourneys it all comes down to math. RPI, PairWise & TUC. http://www.uscho.com/FAQs/?data=selection which is fair to a point.

Northeastern made the NCAA's because they had 25 wins this season and did very well in the ranking that counts.

Lowell finished the season ranked 21st in the PairWise rankings, 16th in the USCHO.com/CBS College Sports poll and 14th in the USA Today poll.

I guess I understand the frustration you and Lil Bit display when you converse about the competitiveness of Hockey East against a league where the likes of Benji-State (whatever) play those power-house hockey school like Alabama-Huntsville. LOL!

Anyway, like I said, I know nothing about this stuff. It was just fun seeing NU play for something meaningful. It only happens every 15 years or so. ;)

I guess I understand the frustration you and Lil Bit display when you converse about the competitiveness of Hockey East against a league where the likes of Benji-State (whatever) play those power-house hockey school like Alabama-Huntsville. LOL!

Anyway, like I said, I know nothing about this stuff. It was just fun seeing NU play for something meaningful. It only happens every 15 years or so. ;)

If it makes you feel any better the NU student section of Friday night at the Garden was huge and loud.

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I want UNH to actually win a title in my lifetime.

Go the F away JonEdaKillerofallhope!

;)

Huskies lose in typical Huskie fashion. first qtr dominant. Second qtr holding strong. Third qtr they choke. Cornell wins coming back from a 2-0 deficit. NU couldn't score on a powerplay (six of em today) if their life depended on it.

BU on right now. Ohio State looks like a pee-wee team next to BU. Hey, Kansas, I'm on the UNH bandwagon for the remainder of the tourney ;)

Archived