**** Official Hockey East 2008-09 Season Thread ****

Lil Bit Special

Just got back from Matthews Arena.

Probably one of the greatest hockey games I've ever been to. Great crowd for both UMass and NU.

Great goal by UMass with :38 sec left to send it to OT.

And a great goal by NU to clinch the sudden death victory.

Congrats to NU on winning the series. It was a hard fought battle. But I do need to give a hand to UMass for not quitting and busting their asses all weekend. I might be upset that they lost and a great group of guys careers are over, but I am proud of the way they played this weekend. As an alum, I am very proud of them.

• Replies 934
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BU over Maine (It wont be close). Uhhhh, little closer than the Hockey East "expert" thought

UMass over Northeastern (Unless Theissen stands on his head). Uhhhh, the 'ol "expert" is wrong again

UNH over BC (I think BC has only won once or twice since the whitt opened). Ooops, "the expert" missed another one

UVM over Lowell (I think this will go 3 games, but I just can't see Lowell getting it done twice on the road :sad:). "The expert" doesn't even know enough of his own team to make predictions

0-4

Can we get some more "expert" analysis of the semi's

and they call me a jinx....lol

Just got back from Matthews Arena.

Probably one of the greatest hockey games I've ever been to. Great crowd for both UMass and NU.

Great goal by UMass with :38 sec left to send it to OT.

And a great goal by NU to clinch the sudden death victory.

Congrats to NU on winning the series. It was a hard fought battle. But I do need to give a hand to UMass for not quitting and busting their asses all weekend. I might be upset that they lost and a great group of guys careers are over, but I am proud of the way they played this weekend. As an alum, I am very proud of them.

Listened to it on RBB

Thought you guys had it after tying it so late

Great game

0-4

Can we get some more "expert" analysis of the semi's

and they call me a jinx....lol

Lowell swept UVM in Burlington. Northeastern needed an OT goal in the 3rd and deciding game against the 7th seed.

Lowell will beat Northeastern on Friday. Take that to the bank Mr front runner.

Lowell swept UVM in Burlington. Northeastern needed an OT goal in the 3rd and deciding game against the 7th seed.

Lowell will beat Northeastern on Friday. Take that to the bank Mr front runner.

THANK YOU GAINZO...I will take that prediction right to the bank:cheers:

=D>

WooooooooooHooooooooooo

Listened to it on RBB

Thought you guys had it after tying it so late

Great game

Bad mistakes- UMass made a few and it cost them dearly.

Tuckerman (game winner, 2 goals) shouldnt have even been in the game. He should have been ejected in the 3rd period when he was punching Nolet in the head while he was down on the ice. It was dirty, and completely against college hockey rules. But typical for the way Northeastern played all weekend.

BTW- probably the best reffed game i've ever seen in college hockey. Its amazing what happens when you put away the whistle and let the kids play.

Referees: Jeff Bunyon, Tim Benedetto

Assistant Referees: Bob Bernard, Chris Aughe

nice run Bit, i hear you guys tied it up in last minute

3 home games is tuff going

It was absolutely electric in Matthews in that last minute of regulation. Great playoff hockey and to score with just over 30 sec remaining was amazing.

Im just glad they didnt get their asses kicked. They worked hard all game and played the best they could. Im very proud of them.

It was absolutely electric in Matthews in that last minute of regulation. Great playoff hockey and to score with just over 30 sec remaining was amazing.

Im just glad they didnt get their asses kicked. They worked hard all game and played the best they could. Im very proud of them.

nice season

My NU choked away season, they couldn't score a goal if there

life depended on it..

Go Huskies! :hipp:

Just ordered my tickets for Friday night. The only bad thing about ordering through the school is that I have to drive up to Lowell to pick up them up.

Not sure exactly where the seats are (I thinks it's section 330) but Lil Bit and I will be in the 1st 6 rows of the balcony.

Are you going to stick around after work and watch the game at one of the bars? It's on NESN HD.

Go Lowell! :cheers:

Just ordered my tickets for Friday night. The only bad thing about ordering through the school is that I have to drive up to Lowell to pick up them up.

Not sure exactly where the seats are (I thinks it's section 330) but Lil Bit and I will be in the 1st 6 rows of the balcony.

Are you going to stick around after work and watch the game at one of the bars? It's on NESN HD.

Go Lowell! :cheers:

Go Riverhawks!

no we just need to schedule UNH and get some easy wins

That win is to college hockey as a 15th seed is to beating a 2nd seed in college basketball. It happens and the small school has their one moment in the sun.

Niagara wishes they had program as good as the Riverhawks.

That win is to college hockey as a 15th seed is to beating a 2nd seed in college basketball. It happens and the small school has their one moment in the sun.

Niagara wishes they had program as good as the Riverhawks.

real schools have more than 1 sport skippy

I like you man but putting the Lowell logo in your sig might just be the kiss of death. I mean you are a Jets, Mets, Islanders and UMass fan :P

Sush you! Lil Bit, please keep the mets, jets, islanders, umass and u-lowell sigs. My Huskies appreciate it.

Archived