**** Official Hockey East 2008-09 Season Thread ****

Lil Bit Special

• Replies 934
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2400 kids skippy... not real practical

did know you wou wear riverhawk jersey, do they play bball there...?

I give a rats ass about UNASS Lowell. It is all about the 'real' U. U....NH! ;)

UNH-

University of No Hardware.

:D

(at least you guys still have a shot at a title this year... unlike some crappy team from western mass...)

Oh we have hardware.......unfortunately it is in like women's field hockey. :badmood:

Hey, hey, hey! I'm a former high school field hockey player. Tough sport. Wasn't nearly good enough to play at the college level.

Yeah, it was lacrosse so your girly sport does not count. ;)

My huskies >>>>>River Hawks

Sorry, but that's just how it's gonna be this friday ;)

Speaking of which, is everyone gonna be going out to the bars afterwards??? and which ones?

I'll be at the bar before the game! Depending on what happens during the game I may or may not be in the mood to go out after.

Sullly's Tap is a favourite of mine when I want to tie one on but before the game we will probably be at Beer Works, Grand Canal or the Four's.

Press Release from Hockey East.

WAKEFIELD, Mass. - The Hockey East Association announced on Wednesday its All-Rookie Team for the 2008-09 season, as well as several other awards, which will be presented at the 25th annual Hockey East Awards Banquet at the Royal Sonesta Hotel in Cambridge, Mass. Goaltender Kieran Millan (Edmonton, Alb.) and forward Chris Connolly (Duluth, Minn.) represented the Boston University Terriers on the first-year squad, while Northeastern

My huskies >>>>>River Hawks

Sorry, but that's just how it's gonna be this friday ;)

Speaking of which, is everyone gonna be going out to the bars afterwards??? and which ones?

Another bandwagon Huskie fan coming out of the wood work.

Another bandwagon Huskie fan coming out of the wood work.

He's cool.

Either way I picked up my tickets this morning for the game. Section 330, Row 2. Pretty much on the blue line.

I'm looking forward to tomorrow big time. The last time I was at the Garden in person for a Lowell game was in 1994. That was the original Boston Garden!

I'll be at the bar before the game! Depending on what happens during the game I may or may not be in the mood to go out after.

Sullly's Tap is a favourite of mine when I want to tie one on but before the game we will probably be at Beer Works, Grand Canal or the Four's.

Lowell sucks

BWAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

LOWELL WINS!!!

LOWELL GOES TO THE HOCKEY EAST FINALS!!!

Watched the game at the Fours accross the street from the Garden. Caught the over-time on the radio in my car.

From an uneducated hockey eye (mine) it seemed that NU outplayed Lowell most of the game - but silly mental mistakes let 'em right back in and ULowell wins in OT. Huskies lack the killer instincts. Weird since the Huskies HC is such a hard-azz(hole). Ups to Lowell for being scrappy and taking advantage of an opportunity.

Congrats Gainzo. You know BU will win (was surrounded by smug BU fans at the Fours - all of whom did not want to play NU - the said so, not me). ULowell, do me a favor and wipe that smug look off their collective faces. Please.

Watched the game at the Fours accross the street from the Garden. Caught the over-time on the radio in my car.

From an uneducated hockey eye (mine) it seemed that NU outplayed Lowell most of the game - but silly mental mistakes let 'em right back in and ULowell wins in OT. Huskies lack the killer instincts. Weird since the Huskies HC is such a hard-azz(hole). Ups to Lowell for being scrappy and taking advantage of an opportunity.

Congrats Gainzo. You know BU will win (was surrounded by smug BU fans at the Fours - all of whom did not want to play NU - the said so, not me). ULowell, do me a favor and wipe that smug look off their collective faces. Please.

Lowell outplayed Northeastern and it wasn't even close

Hey JonE: GFY

Garb's a homer. :bag:

Go BU!!

Of course I am. I know squat about hockey and the only reason I was paying attention is because NU was in the mix. You should know how that is - you do the same but only because your sister goes to BU.

As far as the game goes, just seemed to me that most of the action was on the ULowell side of the ice. But then again, I was watching and gabbing with my friend at the same time - I was not listening on homer college radio. ;)

Anyway, too bad my boys didn't win. Gainzo is a happy boy - his enthusiasm for college hockey is only rivaled by his freinds, Lil Bit. Good for him. I hope the happiness continues tonight. Rooting for BU is like rooting for the taliban. I won't be watching though. I'm not THAT interested. Hey, at least Im honest. :)

Lowell outplayed Northeastern and it wasn't even close

Hey JonE: GFY

What game were you watching?

A bogus penalty, and pulling the goalie for a 6 on 4 is the only reason you tied it

Northeastern dominated that game

Hey Gainzo....go eat a bag-o-d1cks

Archived