Newsday reporting Patriots duped Jets/others into coaching moves

SouthernJet

I agree to a point.

Its not fair to compare Mangini to BB but those comparisons have been made many times here and in the NY media.

Mangini didn't have to deal with Hurricane Katrina like Payton did. The Saints were 3-13 in 2005. Payton took over in 2006 after that.

2006: 10-6 (NFC South Champs).

2007: 7-9.

2008: 7-6 so far.

I think there is a lot Mangini has to improve on, but what the Jets need most of all is continuity. When we change coach's they want to rightfully bring in their own philosophy therefore they make a changes then you need to turn over your personal to fit that philosophy. We had 3-4 personal with Parcels/Groh then Edwards comes in we draft and acquire 4-3 players like Vilma, Robertson & others. Mangini comes in we become 3-4 defense again and 4-3 like Vilma & Robertson are out dated for this philosophy. We finally get a 3-4 NT in Kris Jenkins in the 3rd year which is vital to making the 3-4 go and after 1 year we want to scrap the whole thing. The same thing can be said for our offensive philosophy. The Jets need to allow continuity run ts course and not keep on making these knee jerk changes because if they do it will be another 3-4 year turnover and there are only so many of these in my lifetime!

another way to interpret the demise of the belicheat coaching tree is they just aren't the same when they don't know what's coming

Why would a Pats fan (like me) give a flying fark about the coaches who left the team and sucked?

BTW: Thanks for not responding to my earlier post about Herm and Mangini. Are you a Jets fan or more of a Patriot hater?

You mention the Pats more than I do.

Why would a Pats fan (like me) give a flying fark about the coaches who left the team and sucked?

BTW: Thanks for not responding to my earlier post about Herm and Mangini. Are you a Jets fan or more of a Patriot hater?

You mention the Pats more than I do.

lol

you troll a jets board and come up with that one ?

I think there is a lot Mangini has to improve on, but what the Jets need most of all is continuity. When we change coach's they want to rightfully bring in their own philosophy therefore they make a changes then you need to turn over your personal to fit that philosophy. We had 3-4 personal with Parcels/Groh then Edwards comes in we draft and acquire 4-3 players like Vilma, Robertson & others. Mangini comes in we become 3-4 defense again and 4-3 like Vilma & Robertson are out dated for this philosophy. We finally get a 3-4 NT in Kris Jenkins in the 3rd year which is vital to making the 3-4 go and after 1 year we want to scrap the whole thing. The same thing can be said for our offensive philosophy. The Jets need to allow continuity run ts course and not keep on making these knee jerk changes because if they do it will be another 3-4 year turnover and there are only so many of these in my lifetime!

Jenkins played in the 4-3 just last year you know. Even went to the Pro Bowl in the 4-3. There's nobody on the defense that isn't more familiar with the 4-3. It's not like Mangini coached them, so all they truly know effectively is the 4-3 or nothing.

Do I have to say this again? I was invited to this board in 2005. You joined in August.

Can you answer the question I asked about Herm/Mangini/Pats suck?

you've obviously mistaken me for someone who gives a **** about your posts

please stop quoting me, replying to me and stalking me

it's kinda creepy

Do I have to say this again? I was invited to this board in 2005. You joined in August.

Can you answer the question I asked about Herm/Mangini/Pats suck?

We would like to think no, but in the end we know we will have to. Look at the bright side, once the inevitable happens, the bandwagoneers will thin out.

Jenkins played in the 4-3 just last year you know. Even went to the Pro Bowl in the 4-3. There's nobody on the defense that isn't more familiar with the 4-3. It's not like Mangini coached them, so all they truly know effectively is the 4-3 or nothing.

But my point is not guys like Jenkins who could play in any defense, it is each team has guys who can only play a certain system like Vilma & Roberson who could play the 4-3 but not a great fit for the 3-4. The Jets have guys like Pace and Thomas who are good in the 3-4 but are not fits for the 4-3.

Archived