Finally Landed a Job In Berlin

Mavrik

So some of you may know that I left for Europe a few months back to try and live in Europe and find work. It took a little while, but I managed to find a job at a language school here in Berlin. Part time work (3 days a week) for 960 Euros/month, which is not great, but it gets me a work visa and Berlin is also a pretty cheap city to live in. When I move into my new apartment in January, I'll be splitting rent with my girlfriend and only paying about 250-300 Euro a month for a decent apartment in either Mitte or Prenzlauer berg (districts of berlin)

Now I just have to concentrate on getting my german down and avoiding neo **** rallies.

So some of you may know that I left for Europe a few months back to try and live in Europe and find work. It took a little while, but I managed to find a job at a language school here in Berlin. Part time work (3 days a week) for 960 Euros/month, which is not great, but it gets me a work visa and Berlin is also a pretty cheap city to live in. When I move into my new apartment in January, I'll be splitting rent with my girlfriend and only paying about 250-300 Euro a month for a decent apartment in either Mitte or Prenzlauer berg (districts of berlin)

Now I just have to concentrate on getting my german down and avoiding neo **** rallies.

Nice!!!!

have you been to Hamburg yet?? i hear that is nicest city in germany.

Enjoy!!!!!!

congrats Mav!!

is there going to be a video feed of the impending nuptials for you to see?

:D

I wish..I'm pretty bummed about missing it, but unfortunately I can't afford to fly home for the wedding..so hopefully someone in the family video tapes it and I can watch it.

afosomf..I've heard good things about Hamburg as well. Haven't been there yet..but had gotten contacted by a school there about employment. Now that I know I'm going to be here past the 90 days on my passport, I think a weekend trip might be in order.

WELCOME TO THE LAND OF THE EMPLOYED.

NOW GET YOUR LAZY A$$ BACK TO WORK.

ALSO...I Can't help but notice I've yet to get any Mezzo Mix in the mail.

I have no idea where that package is. Apparently, according to Noel whatever I chose to send it allowed for "10 days or up to 6 weeks"...so i hope you don't mind 6 week old mezzo mix to wash down that wedding cake.

Mavrik that is awesome man. Good luck.

I heard your first day of work was really good. You were certainly dressed for the part:

1352847097_8e0dd4c769.jpg?v=0

1st the Adolph Hitler thread now this ! WTF ?? :biggrin: Seriously, guten tag Mav and best of luck with everything. I hope you and the GF have a wonderful holiday. Sounds like it's a very exciting time in your life. All the best.

Mavrik that is awesome man. Good luck.

I heard your first day of work was really good. You were certainly dressed for the part:

1352847097_8e0dd4c769.jpg?v=0

:lol: I take it Pat told you.

I was going to wait and just post it online as proof, but who knows when they're going to put it up.

For those of who who are wondering what Max is referring to, I needed some extra cash while I've had been looking for work here in Berlin, and through a friend managed to win a part in a German Burger King Commercial. They are running an ad campaign called the "Burger King Man Academy" and were looking for someone who was a "tall, freckled dorky looking red head with the physique of a long distance runner and no muscle tone whatsoever". Naturally, I fit the part. I'll wait till it comes online to show you what I had to do in it, but the 450 Euro I got for it was well worth it.

This is the first commercial in the ad campaign. Mine isn't out yet.

CCM1yzf_dmg

:lol: I take it Pat told you.

I was going to wait and just post it online as proof, but who knows when they're going to put it up.

For those of who who are wondering what Max is referring to, I needed some extra cash while I've had been looking for work here in Berlin, and through a friend managed to win a part in a German Burger King Commercial. They are running an ad campaign called the "Burger King Man Academy" and were looking for someone who was a "tall, freckled dorky looking red head with the physique of a long distance runner and no muscle tone whatsoever". Naturally, I fit the part. I'll wait till it comes online to show you what I had to do in it, but the 450 Euro I got for it was well worth it.

This is the first commercial in the ad campaign. Mine isn't out yet.

CCM1yzf_dmg

LMAO!

I tried to translate 'Burger King' into German and it came out 'Burger King'.....

Mavrik, if you get the time check out this restaurant in Berlin. I went there during a trip last year and it's an awesome experience.

http://www.unsicht-bar-berlin.de/unsicht-bar-berlin-v2/en/html/home_1_idea.html

Funny you mention that place, someone had told me about that place 2 weeks ago. My girlfriend's sister visited one similar to it in Paris and loved it. Sounds like it would be a great experience and will have to take the girlfriend there one of these days.

If you ever make it back out to Berlin, be sure to let me know and we'll grab a pint.

Archived