Quick hits from today's (12/17) practice...

Steveg

How many Clowney threads are we going to see when Brad Smith gets his active roster spot back?

Excellent point.

Hate to bring a topic from another thread in here, but this is a perfect example of why we can't take Mangini's deactivation of Gholston alone as an indictment of the rookie.

We can't trust Mangini's judgment so we shouldn't be relying on what Mangini does as a basis of an argument about a certain player.

Thanks for posting this.

Good to see the beat reporters asking Mangini about the lack of blitzing. Hutch is right, you can't played scared and obviously, Mangini is playing scared.

when parcells was here the defense was bend don't break and he rarely sold out on the blitz. the big difference with this team is they just don't tighten up inside the 20 and hold teams to fg's.

Not that I'm surprised, but nothing I read in that article gives me any hope that things will change in the next few weeks. I know that he could be just gaming (similar to Bellichick's evasiveness on game plans, injuries, and just about everything else), but this seems to be his true philosophy. Looks like even if we do somehow make the playoffs, we'll be one and done again.

The legacy of the 2008 Jets: Wasted talent.

And why the ***** do we keep praqcticing indoors of late when we're playing in cold weather games? You're gonna play in the cold and wind, practice in it! :confused:

This is a good question.

I think he suspects that his team is worn down, and he trying to cut them some slack

when parcells was here the defense was bend don't break and he rarely sold out on the blitz. the big difference with this team is they just don't tighten up inside the 20 and hold teams to fg's.

Parcells had LBers who were good at pass defense. Big difference.

Archived