Could Favre Force His Way To Minnesota?

Maxman

I wasnt aware that it was only for '08, I thought the stipulation was if we traded him to Minny we have to give up a #1 pick for the next two years.

Ah well, happy trails Brett!

I (and others) had read that it was for 2008 only. The Packers wanted to make sure the Jets do their version of flip-this-house with Brett and immediately turn around and trade Brett to the Vikes after getting him from the Packers.

The Jets could do whatever they want with Brett so long as he remained with them for a year. In fact, if Brett retires, the Jets would get a 7th rounder from the Packers.

If you think about it, though, Tannenbaum should be fired if agreed to having to trade 2 1st rounders if he gets rid of Brett. That's essentially agreeing to guarantee the 3 years on his contract because the Jets would be forced to keep him.

It's an idiotic title for the article. WTF do they mean by "force"?

Favre "forced" his way out of GB because GB didn't want to let him go. If Favre wants to go, the Jets would be happy to say buh bye.

Favre can't force his way out of somewhere where that team would be happy for him to go. The Jets would prefer to trade him to the Vikes to get a pick for him rather than having to release him.

SMC thanks for your feedback. As for my idiotic title, Favre as of now is keeping the Jets in limbo. The same Jets that want to retain him. He can force their hand by not providing any insight on his future until after the free agent period begins. That would cause some cap problems forcing them to make a decision. His salary can force the Jets into some poor situations

Didn't your retarded clown ass say, you only post in dolphin threads?

Oh wait let me guess you flipped???

What else is new, flipper?

Still not a Dolphin thread.....troll.

The thread is about Favre, who is a division rival of the Dolphins, ala, me posting in this thread ;)

Nice sig rolliopollo, how long have you been mocking me?

The thread is about Favre, who is a division rival of the Dolphins, ala, me posting in this thread ;)

Nice sig rolliopollo, how long have you been mocking me?

Spin, spin, spin. Somebody has too call you phin trolls out, think I'll keep it up there to remind you....

SMC thanks for your feedback. As for my idiotic title, Favre as of now is keeping the Jets in limbo. The same Jets that want to retain him. He can force their hand by not providing any insight on his future until after the free agent period begins. That would cause some cap problems forcing them to make a decision. His salary can force the Jets into some poor situations

Tyson, it was a good article (I didn't know it was you, 'cause if I did I would not have used "idiotic" concerning the title).

I still don't see how Favre can "force" his way anywhere because the Jets still have the option to cut him. If the Jets need to make a decision and Favre is still waffling, the Jets are not cutting an impact player just so Favre "might" stay on the team. Thus, they can't be "forced" to do anything.

"Manuever" is a more appropriate term than "force" because Favre cannot compel the Jets to do anything no matter how long he takes to decide.

SMC you can call the title idiotic regardless of who wrote it, I do not take offense to it. Your point seems to be based on your opinion of Favre. My point is of thinking that the Jets want Brett to return. Either way the Jets cutting of Favre is going to be a touchy situation and a publicity nightmare. And clearly the Jets are always worried about what the public thinks of them.

favre will delay his decision until he starts to get his own category on espn's bottom line ticker

then he makes his move

worked last season

the only question really is if tanny will get a 7th rounder for him or cuts him

I'd say 0.001% chance he retires

SMC you can call the title idiotic regardless of who wrote it, I do not take offense to it. Your point seems to be based on your opinion of Favre. My point is of thinking that the Jets want Brett to return. Either way the Jets cutting of Favre is going to be a touchy situation and a publicity nightmare. And clearly the Jets are always worried about what the public thinks of them.

Thus, this was another reason (among many) that the Jets should never have signed Favre in the first place.

Really what are the Jets alternitives for the QB position?If Favre returns he is the Jets best shot to win right now.Favre will give it his all to win and I dont think he needs some block head running back to tell everybody he should have sat down.Favre injured was the Jets best chance then and will be next year to......

Favre might be due a lot of cap money, but through restructuring some contracts we shouldn't have a hard time finding our way under the salary cap should he return (Although it will likely limit our ability to spend in Free Agency). We won't be in a position where we HAVE to release him cap wise.

And the idea of him going to Minnesota seems farfetched because first of all, I don't think he really wants to play next year regardless of team, and for a QB who notoriously hates learning new Offensive Systems why would he want to join another new team and have to learn another new Offense? It's just easier for him to stay with the Jets.

Really, this "article" it's just speculation that will likely never happen....and that's even assuming Minnesota would still want him. Tavaris Jackson played well down the stretch, and Gus Frerotte had the role of "Past his Prime" Game Managing QB down, meanwhile John David Booty has a year in the system under his belt. I'd say it's far from a guarantee they're all that interested.

Archived