Burress can be had, btw

TomShane

NFL Network just had it that Burress is frustrated by a lack of offers, and has only the Giants and the Vikings as his suitors. There's NO way he goes to the Giants, IMO. He wants to play in a wide-open offense, and with Coughlin and Eli here, that ain't happenin'. The Vikes are appealing, but I think the Jets can offer the same offensive potential as the Vikes. IMO, they should at least throw an equal offer at Burress than the Vikes offer and see where it goes. In the AFC East under Dinger, Burress could have a few nice seasons here.

he would probably have more fun playing in Minnesota on the turf with Dante, it'd be more exciting im sure, but more success playing in New York

*waits for dumbass patriot trolls to throw in lame jokes about me using the words Jets and success in the same sentence* :roll:

2) He might want too much money

Exactly.

How would we have enough money left to sign Anthony Thomas after paying Burress? :lol:

Seriously, though, if anyone gives Burress #1 reciever money, they got hosed. I wanted Burress badly when he was out of Michigan State, but he has been a collasal waste of talent. He should be comparable to Randy Moss, however it's easier to compare him to Curtis Conway.

Exactly.

How would we have enough money left to sign Anthony Thomas after paying Burress? :lol:

Seriously, though, if anyone gives Burress #1 reciever money, they got hosed. I wanted Burress badly when he was out of Michigan State, but he has been a collasal waste of talent. He should be comparable to Randy Moss, however it's easier to compare him to Curtis Conway.

:lol: Nice on the A-Train thing man, I'm happy to have Blaylock here though I must say.

I agree with you 100%.

he wants to play in a warm weather invirment(sp)...

i say he'll go to minny...

Warm weather environment? Why in the hell would he go to Minnesota then? Their colder than New York, even colder than Lansing, where he played college ball. And the turf can wreck havoc on knees. Maybe he'll go to the Raiders or Skins? Why not? Everyone else does. :lol:

Plax is a good WR and Hell, I wouldn't be opposed to signing him.

His partner Hines Ward is a much better football player. It ain't even close.

Plaxico's size is misleading. First off, He's a finesse WR. He's a great athlete but he's not tough and his trademark is not catching the ball over the middle.

He's fast and he can jump and yes his height is an advantage but this guy does not play to his size.

Hines Ward is a physical WR. Buress is not. Plus Plax is always injured. For a big guy, He's a puss.

Great talent yes, worth a spot,,sure but people gotta know what they get when they sign Burress.

You are not getting some big tough guy. You are getting a prima donna.

Plax is a good WR and Hell, I wouldn't be opposed to signing him.

His partner Hines Ward is a much better football player. It ain't even close.

Plaxico's size is misleading. First off, He's a finesse WR. He's a great athlete but he's not tough and his trademark is not catching the ball over the middle.

He's fast and he can jump and yes his height is an advantage but this guy does not play to his size.

Hines Ward is a physical WR. Buress is not. Plus Plax is always injured. For a big guy, He's a puss.

Great talent yes, worth a spot,,sure but people gotta know what they get when they sign Burress.

You are not getting some big tough guy. You are getting a prima donna.

Thats a huge debate amongst Steelers fans as well. Hines is the better WR, period. But Plax is more feared by CB's just due to his size and the fact that he can beat ya deep. If you could go back just last season and see the Jags, Ravens, Cowboys, and Eagles games your opinion on his over the middle catches might change. What the guy has done for us is consume double teams, freeing up Ward and El. He has to be accounted for as a deep threat. No, he's not worth number 1 money, he and his agent are finding that out now. But as many players are getting over-paid this year, i'm sure he will as well.

Let's be honest Paul. Before The 2004 season.

Plax had a very shaky career. He was too up and down.

I remember The Pats game last year (Not the one where Big Ben became very small)

Hines Ward was being covered by Ty Law. Burress drew Randall Gay. When Law went down. All hell broke loose for The Pats secondary.

Plaxico is style

Ward is substance

Ask any football coach. Which WR they would take and I bet you 9 times out of 10. Ward gets chosen over Burress.

Plax makes plays down the field and sometimes in between depending on his mood.

Ward makes plays all over the field. He makes great plays when the ball isn't even in his hands. That's some of his best work. I have nothing but massive respect for him. He's on my top 5 list. You can have your little pansy soft finesse Wr's. Give me Hines Ward anyday.

Go look at The AFC Championship game. Ward showed up big time. No shock to me.

Plax was soft. Once again, no shock to me.

Plax is a #1 WR but he does have some glaring character and physical flaws.

Would I welcome Plax to The Jets. Sure I would, His talents are amazing. Never doubted that.

Oh i agree that Hines is top 5. Hell, it's an honor to have him on my team the way i look at it. I'm just saying that Plax was very good for Hines as well.

When we had Mike Mularkey at OC, they both had dominant seasons. Yea, Plax was somewhere around 75 - 80 catches a year while Ward was over 100. We no longer have that type of offense, but Plax still contributed and like i said, drew double teams alot.

My opinions are formed knowing damn well that we have Hines Ward already on the team. If i had to choose between the 2, i'd choose Hines EVERY time.

I'm not making a case for Plax being a #1, rather making a case for why he's a solid #2. And he and his agent are finding that out now IMO.

Oh i agree that Hines is top 5. Hell, it's an honor to have him on my team the way i look at it.

Shhhh don't tell TomShane that Hines Ward is even in the top 10,we had this debate and he told me Ward was trash and not even mentionable.

Archived