Mock draft with VIDEOS for 1st 30 picks

Steveg

Jets taking a running back..

Entire validity of the mock goes out the window.

Why?

As talented as your team is, they are just choosing the best player available. ;)

Finally, someone seeing the Patriots need corners. I just wish I saw more with them getting DJ Moore instead of another smurf.

i was looking at mocks last night and a surprising majority have the Jets taking knowshon moreno, i understand the reasoning that Thomas jones is 30, but he didn't play much when he was younger. maybe it makes a difference but maybe it doesn't.

but seriously the jets need help at WR or on the DL, corners can be found later and can be helped by good pressure on the QB, see balt. w/ mcallister and rolle injured.

Hakeem Nicks is probably the best option at 17, his stock is hot now and after the combine i see him mid 1st round, he not the fastest guy but his physicality and hands are what the jets need, especially in the red zone.

rememeber before the drafts Larry Fitzgerald and Anquan Boldin were too slow, now they are two of the best at what they do. good route running is much more important than a guy who can run a 4.3 40 yard dash

i was looking at mocks last night and a surprising majority have the Jets taking knowshon moreno, i understand the reasoning that Thomas jones is 30, but he didn't play much when he was younger. maybe it makes a difference but maybe it doesn't.

but seriously the jets need help at WR or on the DL, corners can be found later and can be helped by good pressure on the QB, see balt. w/ mcallister and rolle injured.

Hakeem Nicks is probably the best option at 17, his stock is hot now and after the combine i see him mid 1st round, he not the fastest guy but his physicality and hands are what the jets need, especially in the red zone.

rememeber before the drafts Larry Fitzgerald and Anquan Boldin were too slow, now they are two of the best at what they do. good route running is much more important than a guy who can run a 4.3 40 yard dash

I like Nicks, but I think Harvin is a safer pick if they go receiver. I'm not draft expert, but Nicks seems like more of a project. Harvin's will be ready to contribute on day one...

Harvin and Leon on the same field would be interesting

Why?

As talented as your team is, they are just choosing the best player available. ;)

Finally, someone seeing the Patriots need corners. I just wish I saw more with them getting DJ Moore instead of another smurf.

Why? Because of the 5 top needs we have, RB is not one of them.

I like Nicks, but I think Harvin is a safer pick if they go receiver. I'm not draft expert, but Nicks seems like more of a project. Harvin's will be ready to contribute on day one...

Harvin and Leon on the same field would be interesting

You're right, cause he's not.

Nicks can be as high as the 3rd best WR in this class.

I like Harvin, but he's overrated.

A ****ing Running Back? Really? :face:

Are people ****ing stupid or do they ignore the fact that Thomas Jones just led the AFC in rushing and doesn't have the wear & tear on his body like other 30 year olds?

You draft NEED when you are a playoff / championship contender, which we are, you only draft BPA when you are building your franchise, which we arn't. We are coming off a 9-7 season, we must pick NEED if we want to win with the aging stars we have right now.

Are people ****ing stupid or do they ignore the fact that Thomas Jones just led the AFC in rushing and doesn't have the wear & tear on his body like other 30 year olds?

You draft NEED when you are a playoff / championship contender, which we are, you only draft BPA when you are building your franchise, which we arn't. We are coming off a 9-7 season, we must pick NEED if we want to win with the aging stars we have right now.

The 2010 RB is projected to be very weak... This is the year to grab one...

Not to mention we have Leon spelling him. He may very well be the best spell back in the league. Though he mightnot be able to carry the fulltime load, when he is on the field he is as dangerous as any back in the league: and he's only 26.

I just can't see us taking a RB here, unless it's a second day pick. It's probably about #10 on our needs list. Even if 2010 RBs suck, we can afford to wait for 2011. That's how good of a situation we have here with Thunder Jones and Lightning Leon.

Our needs:

1) QB (though I can definitely see passing on this, since we have 3 young QBs on the roster to try out)

2) WR

3) CB

4) S

5) DE

6) LB

7) DT depth

8) OL depth

9) traditional TE

10) finally...RB

Not to mention we have Leon spelling him. He may very well be the best spell back in the league. Though he mightnot be able to carry the fulltime load, when he is on the field he is as dangerous as any back in the league: and he's only 26.

I just can't see us taking a RB here, unless it's a second day pick. It's probably about #10 on our needs list. Even if 2010 RBs suck, we can afford to wait for 2011. That's how good of a situation we have here with Thunder Jones and Lightning Leon.

Our needs:

1) QB (though I can definitely see passing on this, since we have 3 young QBs on the roster to try out)

2) WR

3) CB

4) S

5) DE

6) LB

7) DT depth

8) OL depth

9) traditional TE

10) finally...RB

Who cares about needs? Chris Wells is the best player in the draft.

A big problem with the Jets D last year was at CB. It was Revis and Toast. Lowery is best suited to play as a situational CB-Safety. Reading the traps and making a play on the ball should be his role in Rex's defense.

Rex wants to mix and play the front seven aggressively - with schemes and blitz packages - that puts pressure on the QB-passing game, as well as the run too.

You need two quality cover corners that can play man-to-man all the way deep down the field. The better the CBs can cover, the more aggressive the front seven can play.

So I want Vontae Davis to be that young quality corner to play alongside of Revis for years to come. He'd be solid in coverage, and has the potential to be a shutdown corner. IMO...Revis and Davis would be awesome, and the defense will have the balance that was missing last year due to poor secondary play.

Archived