Sources: Cards assistant tabbed to coach Chiefs, Jay Glazer

Jetfan13

The Kansas City Chiefs' long road to finding a head coach has just about come to a close.

The Chiefs offered the position to Cardinals offensive coordinator Todd Haley and he has accepted, FOXSports.com has learned. They are now trying to work out terms of a contract agreement.

Haley interviewed for the position earlier this week and a Cardinals player at the Pro Bowl told FOXSports.com Haley was scheduled to arrive in Honolulu for the Pro Bowl Thursday as a guest of Cardinals wideout Larry Fitzgerald, but canceled at the last moment because of the Kansas City job.

"He's going to be a big loss for us," another Cards player told FOXSports.com.

A different Cardinals player said, "He was really liked in the locker room, because we felt like he was always trying to figure something out for us for Sundays. He never stopped." Haley called the plays for the high-flying Cardinals offense that shocked the world by not only getting to the Super Bowl but nearly winning it last Sunday.

Maybe it's just me, but I was always under the impression that Whisenhunt ran the ARI Offense, and Haley was just the figurehead. Nevermind that it's alot easier to call plays when you have Larry Fitzgerald and Anquan Boldin on your team.

yuppppppp

thats why IF you hire a new HC, and you hire a coordinator who has never been a HC before , that you at least hire a coordinator who worked under a HC on opposite side of ball..

I.E Mangini and Romeo were defense, so was Belly..

Rex was def , but Billick and Harbaugh are offense guys,,hence, Rex was in charge,, while we all knew Belly did all heavy lifting.

Maybe it's just me, but I was always under the impression that Whisenhunt ran the ARI Offense, and Haley was just the figurehead. Nevermind that it's alot easier to call plays when you have Larry Fitzgerald and Anquan Boldin on your team.

That DOES help a lot. ;)

Archived