Vick in 09'? Really?!?!? [Merged 2X]

ECURB

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
By that explanation, would you say that child molesters deserve 2nd chances too?

No, but I do not value a dogs life the way I value a childs. I know that will be an unpopular stance here - and I know how much of a dog lover you are - and I appreciate that - I really do. Yes, I found what he did and financed to be vile - awful - disgusting - but I do not compare what he did to child molestation. It's animal cruelty.

K, sure.

well since we cant execute them, might as well give the supremely talented a chance to redeem themselves.

Vick is as bad as Ray Lewis and any murderer or child molester or rapist or any other evil person. He deserved the treatment he gave those dogs. But our society doesnt do that and instead reward those that have amazing talent.

Exactly ECURB. Anybody who can forgive Vick after seeing those gruesome pics has a screw loose.

I figured that might help get the point across...

Those dont include him shooting dogs in the head... body slamming them to death... and electrocuting them...

No evil person deserves 2nd chances. They should be eliminated.

They all deserve a chance to go through the system and be released... they however do not all deserve a chance to have their top career choice back...

He deserves to be free and live his life... he does not deserve the chance to be a public figure...

No, but I do not value a dogs life the way I value a childs. I know that will be an unpopular stance here - and I know how much of a dog lover you are - and I appreciate that - I really do. Yes, I found what he did and financed to be vile - awful - disgusting - but I do not compare what he did to child molestation.

That's not my point. I was saying that some evil deeds do not deserve a second chance. Anybody who has it in them to watch/participate in such cruel violence to others (animals or people) do not have the ability to be rehabilitated.

They all deserve a chance to go through the system and be released... they however do not all deserve a chance to have their top career choice back...

He deserves to be free and live his life... he does not deserve the chance to be a public figure...

I disagree. They dont deserve to be back in civilized society any more.

Mike Vick doesnt deserve to be back in society. Ever.

But if we believe in people serving their time and release them back to society, then they are free to choose their future. Even if that involves playing professional sports.

I disagree. They dont deserve to be back in civilized society any more.

Mike Vick doesnt deserve to be back in society. Ever.

Take that up with your congressman and reps... I hope you voted wisely... or at all...

That's not my point. I was saying that some evil deeds do not deserve a second chance. Anybody who has it in them to watch/participate in such cruel violence to others (animals or people) do not have the ability to be rehabilitated.

Okay. I get your point.

Take that up with your congressman and reps... I hope you voted wisely... or at all...

Waste of time in my state.

Dont want to make it political, but as we discussed in another thread there needs to be very severe consequences to actions deemed reprehensible by society. As long as we have federal judges in Calif ordering the release of prisoners because we dont have enough jails we will have to accept that scumbags like Vick will make a return.

Waste of time in my state.

Dont want to make it political, but as we discussed in another thread there needs to be very severe consequences to actions deemed reprehensible by society. As long as we have federal judges in Calif ordering the release of prisoners because we dont have enough jails we will have to accept that scumbags like Vick will make a return.

So move... quitter.

After being a Jets fan 30+ some odd years and having 6 present players jerseys and countless others in my closet I cant wear( no longer on the team) . Buying the Sunday ticket every year and not missing any games , Have a room in my house with wall to wall jets schwag. IF MIKE VICK BECOMES A JETI WOULD STOP ROOTING FOR THE JETS PERIOD. And this coming from one of the if not the biggest Va Tech supporter in this board.

There is no room on the Jets for this poor excuses for a human.

Thease are great quotes from Marano from that thread

"I do not know how much you know about dog fighting and all the things that are involved. Look up the term bait dog. When you find out what that is think about a pet dog you have or have had or one that you know that someone else loves like family. Hell just think of it as a living thing that does not deserve to be tortured and killed. It is not unmanly to care for things especially things that we should not pick on as we have the upper hand. Any man or woman who could do something like that to an animal for no reason other than sport has no emotion for animals and quite possibly people. I would lose no sleep seeing someone like that in front of some high velocity blood spatter on a white wall."

"I am one of the most liberal people in the world. I don't even believe in organized religion. I call it the science of hate, but I do know right and wrong and I do know that what Vick did to innocent animals says more than I need to know about him. He has not paid his debt to society and I really do not think he has enough life left to do so. I guess if my values are those of people that value life human and otherwise then yeah, he obviously has none. He should not be among other human beings, not free, and definately not playing in the NFL, if the NFL values human life and life in general. He is a sick piece of **** and deserves the death penalty at the least as well as all who were involved with him in his crimes. I am not a tree hugger or and animal activist. I am just a guy, a cop...who has studied human beings for a living for the last eighteen years and I think he has gotten off too lightly and I am surprised that anyone, anyone can say he has paid his debt. I do not care if he was a great athelete or not, he has proven that he is worthless as a human being. Good human beings do not do what he did, are not involved in what he was involved in and to say that he deserves to pick up where he left off as an athlete is ****ing crazy. The man would have to be a sociopath to participate in the things he was involved in....period. If the NFL allows him to return to football I may just give up the NFL and just watch college football, it is just that simple. Money has ruined a lot of things, and if money and the draw of money is enough to allow this sack of **** to continue in professional football it just may be the end for me. Jets or no Jets, right is right and wrong is wrong. I am not saying he has to die in prison but he does not deserve to ever be restored to the NFL."

After being a Jets fan 30+ some odd years and having 6 present players jerseys and countless others in my closet I cant wear( no longer on the team) . Buying the Sunday ticket every year and not missing any games , Have a room in my house with wall to wall jets schwag. I WOULD STOP ROOTING FOR THE JETS PERIOD IF MIKE VICK BECOMES. And this coming from one of the if not the biggest Va Tech supporter in this board.

There is no room on the Jets for this poor excuses for a human.

Thease are great quotes from Marano from that thread

"I do not know how much you know about dog fighting and all the things that are involved. Look up the term bait dog. When you find out what that is think about a pet dog you have or have had or one that you know that someone else loves like family. Hell just think of it as a living thing that does not deserve to be tortured and killed. It is not unmanly to care for things especially things that we should not pick on as we have the upper hand. Any man or woman who could do something like that to an animal for no reason other than sport has no emotion for animals and quite possibly people. I would lose no sleep seeing someone like that in front of some high velocity blood spatter on a white wall."

"I am one of the most liberal people in the world. I don't even believe in organized religion. I call it the science of hate, but I do know right and wrong and I do know that what Vick did to innocent animals says more than I need to know about him. He has not paid his debt to society and I really do not think he has enough life left to do so. I guess if my values are those of people that value life human and otherwise then yeah, he obviously has none. He should not be among other human beings, not free, and definately not playing in the NFL, if the NFL values human life and life in general. He is a sick piece of **** and deserves the death penalty at the least as well as all who were involved with him in his crimes. I am not a tree hugger or and animal activist. I am just a guy, a cop...who has studied human beings for a living for the last eighteen years and I think he has gotten off too lightly and I am surprised that anyone, anyone can say he has paid his debt. I do not care if he was a great athelete or not, he has proven that he is worthless as a human being. Good human beings do not do what he did, are not involved in what he was involved in and to say that he deserves to pick up where he left off as an athlete is ****ing crazy. The man would have to be a sociopath to participate in the things he was involved in....period. If the NFL allows him to return to football I may just give up the NFL and just watch college football, it is just that simple. Money has ruined a lot of things, and if money and the draw of money is enough to allow this sack of **** to continue in professional football it just may be the end for me. Jets or no Jets, right is right and wrong is wrong. I am not saying he has to die in prison but he does not deserve to ever be restored to the NFL."

To play Devil's Advocate

Did Pac Man Jones Get a 2nd Chance?

I am not a fan of Vick, maybe i'm frustrated by the way this team is

headed...maybe rex can infuse life in them who knows.

i see V's point as well.

what about all the NFL playas accused of beating their wives, or not

paying Child Support or Doing Coke.....

Tons of issues here..suspend them all

To play Devil's Advocate

Did Pac Man Jones Get a 2nd Chance?

I am not a fan of Vick, maybe i'm frustrated by the way this team is

headed...maybe rex can infuse life in them who knows.

i see V's point as well.

what about all the NFL playas accused of beating their wives, or not

paying Child Support or Doing Coke.....

Tons of issues here..suspend them all

Of course you do.. it's the correct one! ;)

I will defer to your better judgement

If you don't want him, i don't want him

The NFL should kick them all out IMO

You know what I find niave - naive is thinking that your NFL team is not comprised of some bad apples. We just don't know about most of 'em.

Vick is a douchbag. So isn't Ray Lewis. One was convicted, one made all the witnesses go away. One is reviled, one is revered. It's messed-up, I say.

You know what I find niave - naive is thinking that your NFL team is not comprised of some bad apples. We just don't know about most of 'em.

Vick is a douchbag. So isn't Ray Lewis. One was convicted, one made all the witnesses go away. One is reviled, one is revered. It's messed-up, I say.

BB tops the list. :lol:

that was my point

suspend them all

By that explanation, would you say that child molesters deserve 2nd chances too?

Right, because child molesters and people who kill/torture dogs are one the same level.

However outraged people want to be about what Vick did no one should ever forget that he did what he did to ANIMALS and did nothing to harm PEOPLE.

Right, because child molesters and people who kill/torture dogs are one the same level.

However outraged people want to be about what Vick did no one should ever forget that he did what he did to ANIMALS and did nothing to harm PEOPLE.

Trying to say one is not as bad as the other is stupid... they are both a 10 on a scale of 1-10

Archived