Vick in 09'? Really?!?!? [Merged 2X]

ECURB

http://www.wfan.com/pages/3833230.php

Interesting suggestion. I would not have any problems with giving Vick a chance, he is still a tremendous talent and have paid his debts to society. I always thought that dog fighting thing was blown out of proportions anyway.

First of all, you don't know is he is still a "tremendous talent." He's been locked up for the last year and a half. For all we know he could weigh 300 lbs or have a gaping chasm where his anus used to be which makes him unable to run.

Second of all, he was never a "tremendous talent." He was always an overrated joke.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Trying to say one is not as bad as the other is stupid... they are both a 10 on a scale of 1-10

Whaaa???? I don't want to come off as a dog hater here - I'm not. But c'mon - child molestation equals dog fighting? One of the things that burns me up - the total disregard of HUMAN life. The fact that cruelty to animals garners more outrage than cruelty to children will always baffle me.

Whaaa???? I don't want to come off as a dog hater here - I'm not. But c'mon - child molestation equals dog fighting? One of the things that burns me up - the total disregard of HUMAN life. The fact that cruelty to animals garners more outrage than cruelty to children will always baffle me.

My nephew got molested by his music teacher and the Phuck got off cause

the defense lawyers in Kanada are better than the Prosecuting ones

That maggot deserves to die.

The man got busted, apologized, did his jail time and most certainly will do community service. What else should he do to be forgiven? I guess nothing because it's impossible, right? What you are all saying is that a man can't change, that one evil deed defines a person forever and no one should ever, ever be given a second chance.

The man can definately change, he's just a horrible QB.

If he was a very good QB, I'd advocate the Jets to look into it.

In my, and other fans' minds:

Suckage >>>>>>>>>>>> dog fighting

The man got busted, apologized, did his jail time and most certainly will do community service. What else should he do to be forgiven? I guess nothing because it's impossible, right? What you are all saying is that a man can't change, that one evil deed defines a person forever and no one should ever, ever be given a second chance.

You're planning for the post-Brady era, aren't you?

Not as a QB.

I agree with this and I personally would have no problem bringing him simply as a football player. He's a scumbag but he has talent as a player and would be incredibly useful for any team IMO, especially one lacking a playmaker such as the Jets. If he gets re-instated by the league watch as teams will be all over him. This is a league were trick plays and trick formation are becoming more and more prominant and a player with the ability of Michael Vick will be able to bring something to the table.

child molestation is horrible. So is training dogs to fight and kill each other then torture and kill them yourself.

Both are terribly horrific. This isnt about what is a worse crime. Both acts are so despicable that the person deserves to never participate in society again.

child molestation is horrible. So is training dogs to fight and kill each other then torture and kill them yourself.

Both are terribly horrific. This isnt about what is a worse crime. Both acts are so despicable that the person deserves to never participate in society again.

Don't you think that this whole animal rights craze is getting a little out of hand?

Idk about you, but I am getting tired of spending my tax money on full time ASPCA officers. New York is one of the few states that actually employs these frauds as full time law enforcers. ASPCA cars look exactly like NYPD cars.. It's really screwed up when you consider the escalating HUMAN crime rates across the country.

I was watching that animal cop show on Animal Planet, and I was appalled that a man was arrested by a couple of these ASPCA guys for kicking his dog. This guy actually went to jail for simply disciplining his pet. What a friggin' joke...

I don't own a dog, but I have two ferrets. Does my ferret get arrested when he bites me??

Don't you think that this whole animal rights craze is getting a little out of hand?

Idk about you, but I am getting tired of spending my tax money on full time ASPCA officers. New York is one of the few states that actually employs these frauds as full time law enforcers. ASPCA cars look exactly like NYPD cars.. It's really screwed up when you consider the escalating HUMAN crime rates across the country.

I was watching that animal cop show on Animal Planet, and I was appalled that a man was arrested by a couple of these ASPCA guys for kicking his dog. This guy actually went to jail for simply disciplining his pet. What a friggin' joke...

I don't own a dog, but I have two ferrets. Does my ferret get arrested when he bites me??

Humans shouldnt be abusing animals (unless its for dinner...) We have the ability to think and reason. We know the difference between right and wrong. Your ferret doesnt.

But we need to do a better job enforcing the laws for human on human crime and strengthening the penalties so the sentence is so severe people wouldnt think of committing a crime.

. It is not unmanly to care for things especially things that we should not pick on as we have the upper hand. Any man or woman who could do something like that to an animal for no reason other than sport has no emotion for animals and quite possibly people. I would lose no sleep seeing someone like that in front of some high velocity blood spatter on a white wall."

"I am one of the most liberal people in the world. I don't even believe in organized religion. I call it the science of hate, but I do know right and wrong and I do know that what Vick did to innocent animals says more than I need to know about him.

He has not paid his debt to society and I really do not think he has enough life left to do so. I guess if my values are those of people that value life human and otherwise then yeah, he obviously has none.

He should not be among other human beings, not free, and definately not playing in the NFL, if the NFL values human life and life in general. He is a sick piece of **** and deserves the death penalty at the least as well as all who were involved with him in his crimes. I I think he has gotten off too lightly and I am surprised that anyone, anyone can say he has paid his debt.

I do not care if he was a great athelete or not, he has proven that he is worthless as a human being. Good human beings do not do what he did, are not involved in what he was involved in and to say that he deserves to pick up where he left off as an athlete is ****ing crazy. The man would have to be a sociopath to participate in the things he was involved in....period. If the NFL allows him to return to football I may just give up the NFL and just watch college football, it is just that simple.

Money has ruined a lot of things, and if money and the draw of money is enough to allow this sack of **** to continue in professional football it just may be the end for me. Jets or no Jets, right is right and wrong is wrong. I am not saying he has to die in prison but he does not deserve to ever be restored to the NFL."

says allot about you :rolleyes:.

One of the things that burns me up - the total disregard of HUMAN life.

What about anthropocentric views which totally disregard everything else? Vick vs. child molester = who gives a ****; neither are worth the debate.

Why are HUMANS so important? The dogs are just as innocent as any poor child that, heaven forbid, should be subjected to such treatment. The issue here is that people that allow themselves to dive so far into such vile acts should not be permitted to rise to the top again without sacrifice. What if a convicted child molesting priest were allowed to return to the pulpit? Never happen.

Vick has "paid his debt to society" alright. I hope bubba got a few extra pumps in; but that certainly does not entitle him to life as usual. Vick is a broke ass thug, as is his brother. He has his "2nd chance" at life, not at stardom. If he wants to be a productive member of society, fine, but he will have to start from the ground up like the rest of us. He could begin by trying to finish his degree, but I doubt he ever started.

Can't use him; don't want him.

Edit: I still love ya T; GO JETS!

I wonder if the outraged people over dog fighting eat meat...

Anyway, if Vick were actually a good QB, why not look into him as an option...

the problem is, he isn't good.

IF the guy did his time, and paid his price, he gets released. That is the way it goes. He has the freedom to try and get whatever job he wants.

I do remember Bill Parcells on ESPN before he went to Dallas talking about Vick.

This was, I think, after the Falcons beat Green Bay at home in the playoffs. The other guys on the panel were already anointing the Falcons as Super Bowl champs, and Vick as the next great QB.

Parcells said something like, "Let's calm down before we put this guy in Canton, ok. Lets see how he develops. I can think of a few things to do to stop this guys game."

Obviously, to me, Bill was not impressed.

Humans shouldnt be abusing animals (unless its for dinner...) We have the ability to think and reason. We know the difference between right and wrong. Your ferret doesnt.

But we need to do a better job enforcing the laws for human on human crime and strengthening the penalties so the sentence is so severe people wouldnt think of committing a crime.

BULL****!

Read a biology textbook humans ARE animals..

My ferret knows he did wrong by biting me. I scruff him every time he does it.. he's an ******* ferret. My girl ferret wouldn't even think of biting me.

I wonder if the outraged people over dog fighting eat meat...

How the **** is that relevant?

BULL****!

My ferret knows he did wrong by biting me. I scruff him every time he does it.. he's an ******* ferret. My girl ferret wouldn't even think of biting me.

There is a fine line b/w discipline and abuse, but there is a line nonetheless.

There is a heck of a lot of double standards going on here. I think what Vick did is absolutely disgusting, but I'm also capable of being rational. You don't think he's suffered enough? Losing 100+ million dollars, fans, friends etc.

I wanna preface this by saying I have had a dog my entire life, have been to a slaughterhouse and still eat meat every single day; venicen, veal, chicken, bison etc. you name it and i've eaten it. But, this is really a deal of moral relativism.

We view dogs as our pets and our friends, but in other cultures dogs are eaten and cows are worshiped. Who is right? I find it tough to see why people can condemn Vick for life for what he did to dogs, but feel as though it's completely different how our food is slaugthered. For example, our cows are killed numerous ways; either a pressurized rod that drives a hammer-like piston through their skull, pressurized air (like in no country for old men), a good ole fashion sledgehammer to the head or the tried and true cutting their throats and letting them bleed out.

Yes, Vick and his people did it with malicious intent, but is the outcome that different? Is the drowning that much worse than slitting one's throat and letting them bleed out??

I just don't see how the same people who want to ban him from the NFL for life, send him to jail for more years etc. but not bat an eye at how their food is killed.

I personally don't give two ****s about how the cows, chickens or any other animal that I eat is killed, I wish there was a different way, but I don't lose sleep over it. I personally hold dogs in hire regards than cows, which is why I think vick is a scumbag. However, I also understand there are those cultures who view dogs as food, so it's quite relative.

Because Vick SHOULD be back. The time away he has had already is enough and delaying his entrance into the NFL by another year is basically a lifetime ban, something he does not deserve for fighting f'ing pitbulls.

Enough. The man has lost enough. IN THE END, KILLING HUMANS IS WORSE THAN DOGS, PERIOD. We let Adam Pacman Jones run rampid in this league even though it is known he has had HUMANS shot.

Oh and Vick in New York would be something I would personally like to see.

Can't be much worse than an undrafted QB from Utah who couldn't keep his job and only got a job due to injury.

BULL****!

Im not going to get into a debate on what animals think/feel/do.

Ferrets dont have laws to abide by. You do. If ferrets were like humans wouldnt they have a society like we have built.

Think what you want to think. Do what you want to do.

There is a heck of a lot of double standards going on here. I think what Vick did is absolutely disgusting, but I'm also capable of being rational. You don't think he's suffered enough? Losing 100+ million dollars, fans, friends etc.

I wanna preface this by saying I have had a dog my entire life, have been to a slaughterhouse and still eat meat every single day; venicen, veal, chicken, bison etc. you name it and i've eaten it. But, this is really a deal of moral relativism.

We view dogs as our pets and our friends, but in other cultures dogs are eaten and cows are worshiped. Who is right? I find it tough to see why people can condemn Vick for life for what he did to dogs, but feel as though it's completely different how our food is slaugthered. For example, our cows are killed numerous ways; either a pressurized rod that drives a hammer-like piston through their skull, pressurized air (like in no country for old men), a good ole fashion sledgehammer to the head or the tried and true cutting their throats and letting them bleed out.

Yes, Vick and his people did it with malicious intent, but is the outcome that different? Is the drowning that much worse than slitting one's throat and letting them bleed out??

I just don't see how the same people who want to ban him from the NFL for life, send him to jail for more years etc. but not bat an eye at how their food is killed.

I personally don't give two ****s about how the cows, chickens or any other animal that I eat is killed, I wish there was a different way, but I don't lose sleep over it. I personally hold dogs in hire regards than cows, which is why I think vick is a scumbag. However, I also understand there are those cultures who view dogs as food, so it's quite relative.

Because Vick SHOULD be back. The time away he has had already is enough and delaying his entrance into the NFL by another year is basically a lifetime ban, something he does not deserve for fighting f'ing pitbulls.

Enough. The man has lost enough. IN THE END, KILLING HUMANS IS WORSE THAN DOGS, PERIOD. We let Adam Pacman Jones run rampid in this league even though it is known he has had HUMANS shot.

Oh and Vick in New York would be something I would personally like to see.

Can't be much worse than an undrafted QB from Utah who couldn't keep his job and only got a job due to injury.

The difference is all of the other things that accompany dog fighting: killing the "weak" dogs, gambling, drugs, other violence, etc. The meat industry has its dirty laundry too, but at least it is regulated.

There are not many jobs out there with salaries attached like that of an NFL player. Most of the players work their tails off to succeed at that level. This guy was the highest paid player in league history. He blew it. How many corporate executives go off to pound me in the ass prison and return to their lush penthouse suite? The decision to let vick play again affects the public perception of the NFL, which already has enough scars with the likes of pac-man, etc. Killing an animal, whether it be Homo sapiens-sapiens or not, should not be tolerated when malicious intent motivates the act. Just b/c the league f'd up and gave pac too many chances does not mean that vick deserves a curtain call.

How the **** is that relevant?

There is a fine line b/w discipline and abuse, but there is a line nonetheless.

because animals we eat are treated just as cruelly. Animals in slaughterhouses and captivity live miserable lives.

Pigs, Cows, and chickens have some pretty miserable lives. Here is a news segment on it

zhlhSQ5z4V4

selective outrage.....

save the cute animals.....

The difference is all of the other things that accompany dog fighting: killing the "weak" dogs, gambling, drugs, other violence, etc. The meat industry has its dirty laundry too, but at least it is regulated.

There are not many jobs out there with salaries attached like that of an NFL player. Most of the players work their tails off to succeed at that level. This guy was the highest paid player in league history. He blew it. How many corporate executives go off to pound me in the ass prison and return to their lush penthouse suite? The decision to let vick play again affects the public perception of the NFL, which already has enough scars with the likes of pac-man, etc. Killing an animal, whether it be Homo sapiens-sapiens or not, should not be tolerated when malicious intent motivates the act. Just b/c the league f'd up and gave pac too many chances does not mean that vick deserves a curtain call.

you should see what they do to weaker cows and chickens...

they saw off beaks while keeping the chickens in captivity so they don't peck each other....beaks with hundreds of nerve endings..

the farming industry is very loosely regulated.

because animals we eat are treated just as cruelly. Animals in slaughterhouses and captivity live miserable lives.

Pigs, Cows, and chickens have some pretty miserable lives. Here is a news segment on it

zhlhSQ5z4V4

selective outrage.....

save the cute animals.....

Actually, I think rattlesnake round-ups are the most disgusting permissible events on Earth, but we can save that debate.

No doubt that meat production takes stomach (no pun), but ask vick what he did with the dogs he slaughtered. I would be willing to bet they were fed to the winners. Not to mention that these dogs were killed for no good reason.

There is a tremendous difference between dog fighting and meat production. There are tremendous deficiencies in the regulation of both by our government.

It's regulated, but very loosely as piney said.

Malicious intent?? Isn't the definition of that, the intent to conlift harm or injury?? Isn't the entire purpose of a slaughterhouse to inflict harm?

It really is 100% moral relativism. If Vick and his buddies killed the dogs with a sledgehammer to the head, slit their throats etc. would they have been thought as more humane?? doubtful.

THe bottom line is that how our food is slaughtered is just as bad, it's just not a sport.

I despise both PETA and Vick. I personally hold dogs in much higher regards compared to the food I eat, but there are many who do not. Who's to say I'm right?

He broke the law and should be punished as such, but I am willing to give him another chance. I don't think his life should be ruined and denied any type of rehabilition for what he did.

It's regulated, but very loosely as piney said.

Malicious intent?? Isn't the definition of that, the intent to conlift harm or injury?? Isn't the entire purpose of a slaughterhouse to inflict harm?

It really is 100% moral relativism. If Vick and his buddies killed the dogs with a sledgehammer to the head, slit their throats etc. would they have been thought as more humane?? doubtful.

THe bottom line is that how our food is slaughtered is just as bad, it's just not a sport.

I despise both PETA and Vick. I personally hold dogs in much higher regards compared to the food I eat, but there are many who do not. Who's to say I'm right?

He broke the law and should be punished as such, but I am willing to give him another chance. I don't think his life should be ruined and denied any type of rehabilition for what he did.

The entire purpose of a slaughterhouse is food production. It is not pretty, but the intent is to produce meat in the most economically efficient manner possible. I am not a proponent for all of their methods, but the people killing the livestock are paid a salary. Vick lost his salary for his killings.

I am not saying he does not deserve a second chance; he is getting one. I just do not think it should be in the NFL. Perhaps he should spend a few years working for the humane society.

The entire purpose of a slaughterhouse is food production. It is not pretty, but the intent is to produce meat in the most economically efficient manner possible. I am not a proponent for all of their methods, but the people killing the livestock are paid a salary. Vick lost his salary for his killings.

I am not saying he does not deserve a second chance; he is getting one. I just do not think it should be in the NFL. Perhaps he should spend a few years working for the humane society.

I understand where you are coming from, but I disagree with the notion that he shouldn't be allowed a second chance in the NFL. The NFL is his livelihood and I feel as though he has been punished severely. Yes, the time he spent in jail wasn't as much as some would like, but losing 100+ million dollar contract, his current endorsement contracts and future ones as well. I am fairly certain he learned from this mistake. He might still feel what he did wasn't that bad, but I will betcha he won't be doing it again, and as long as he doesn't do it again, I can't complain.

imo, i feel as though were wasting our time arguing about what is right and what is wrong

the reason i dont want vick is because he isnt a good football player

hes fast, hes athletic, but there's tons of guys who have the same skills as him but just arent football players

no matter what crime he committed i think we can all agree that the guy is a scumbag

with the combination of that and hes not a good football player

i dont want him

Archived