15 million under the cap- it's official

Reluctant

well done, Mikey T.

Seriously. It is COMICAL that some people were calling for him to be fired along with Mangini.

Talent was not our problem last year and even after all the spending, money isn't a problem this year.

Mike Tannenbaum is $$$$$$$$$$$!!!

Seriously. It is COMICAL that some people were calling for him to be fired along with Mangini.

Talent was not our problem last year and even after all the spending, money isn't a problem this year.

I agree 100%

Talent is still a problem, but I think it's improved at a steady enough pace for the GM not to be fired.

Its fairly obvious where we need improvements, and a safe assumption that we will make them.

I say spend 500,000 of it on CJ Mosley and 1 million on abram elam.

that would give us 13,500,000 which I say split between greer, leohnard, and scott.

And why not throw Peyton Manning in at the same time? It's about as realistic to fit him under the cap as it is the 3 guys you mention. Keep in mind, you can't pro-rate for 7 seasons until a new CBA is agreed to.

if rex ryan doesn't suceed the GM gets drawn and quartered for costing us Cowher..

if rex ryan doesn't suceed the GM gets drawn and quartered for costing us Cowher..

Mike T didn't cost the Jets Cowher.

Woody not offering a mega, mega deal in response to Cowher's agent telling the Jets that his client was 99% sure he was still retired but was willing to "listen" cost the Jets Cowher.

If Mike T wasn't there, Woody would have had to offer Cowher the moon and that STILL might not have gotten it done.

Mike T didn't cost the Jets Cowher.

Woody not offering a mega, mega deal in response to Cowher's agent telling the Jets that his client was 99% sure he was still retired but was willing to "listen" cost the Jets Cowher.

If Mike T wasn't there, Woody would have had to offer Cowher the moon and that STILL might not have gotten it done.

yea, I wonder which important person in the Jets heirarchy whispered in Woody's ear not to fire the GM and offer cowher the moon..

in any event, water under the bridge. Go Rex!

yea, I wonder which important person in the Jets heirarchy whispered in Woody's ear not to fire the GM and offer cowher the moon..

in any event, water under the bridge. Go Rex!

It was pay to play, CTM. Cowher's agent was doing his best Blagojevich imitation.

Woody didn't have to offer Cowher the moon to sign.

Woody had to offer Cowher the moon JUST TO TALK. That's a big difference.

It's the difference between you saying:

"SMC, I'll sign with you if you offer me $40 million over 4 years."

and

"SMC, offer me $40 million over 4 years, and then we can talk."

Cowher didn't want to coach he Jets unless Woody broke the bank and offered him an obcene amount of money, and even if that were the case, there was no guarantee he would have come to NY, anyway.

At the end of the day, he wasn't excited about coaching the Jets, so I'm glad he's not.

As a result, we have a good young coach who values aggressive defense who's absolutely thrilled to be here.

I, for one, am glad it shook out the way it did.

Just my opinion.

Archived