Andre Smith dropping like a rock

afosomf

i guess you can just go bap and go from there. but we didn't even need an OL until (and if they still do) moore gets released. and with the need for a qb, wr, lb, db, rb.....why create anothe rneed that you then have to fill with a 1st round pick.

His grade is so good you cannot pass on him

i doubt he will be there at 17

if he is on board at 15, i would trade up for him in a flash

People put so much in the combine it is laughable.

You want to see if Andre Smith can play in the NFL. Go look at some tape. The tape NEVER lies.

I would rather though go defense or a burner at WR with the Jets first pick.

While I agree about the skills part of the combine not being that important I think the interview part speaks volumes. That being said this cat just walked the f#ck out. Didn't say a word to anyone. Again, you guys can have him and good luck in advance. :rl:

While I agree about the skills part of the combine not being that important I think the interview part speaks volumes. That being said this cat just walked the f#ck out. Didn't say a word to anyone. Again, you guys can have him and good luck in advance. :rl:

I heard a story last week on the radio about Marshall Faulk when he went to the combines.

The Redskins wanted to interview him and he declined telling them, "By the time your pick comes around I'll already be sipping champange".

He was right.

The combines should be used to search for those nuggets you can find the 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th rounds. If you don't know who the top 100 players are by this point then you are not doing your homework as an organization.

please answer question...why he dropping? gholston workout warrior??? please provide reasons, not in favor of payin big bucks if there is a legit reason he is droppin,,reasons???

He is a football player..

he is droppin because he left combine early

he never got into trouble once in Bama

good kid, some poor advice..

please answer question...why he dropping? gholston workout warrior??? please provide reasons, not in favor of payin big bucks if there is a legit reason he is droppin,,reasons???

He didn't have a chance to become a workout warrior for he skipped the workout all together, so whatever the opposite of workout warrior is, that's him.

He came in at 332 lbs, which was a very good weight for him, quelling the notions that he was out of shape and playing up around 400 lbs in the year. So things looked good for him, however, he went AWOL during the combine. He didn't let his group leader, or anyone for that matter, know that he wasn't going to participate in the combine.

He said he hadn't worked out in over a month so he wasn't prepared to participate at the combine. This is not something you want to hear from a player, who already has character concerns, that you're potentially giving millions upon millions of dollars too.

I can understand that he didn't have an agent, so he couldn't pay for some of these top workout facilities, but what took him so long to get an agent? He hasn't played in months, considering he was suspended for playing in Bama's bowl game. It's believed that he was suspended for entertaining agents or accepting gifts.

That having been said, he is one of, if not the best run blocker in the draft and displays quite nimble feet for his size. He would be one hell of a RT, he has all the talent in the world, probably the most physically talented tackle in the draft, but I just don't like how he's handled himself.

He didn't have a chance to become a workout warrior for he skipped the workout all together, so whatever the opposite of workout warrior is, that's him.

he went AWOL during the combine. He didn't let his group leader, or anyone for that matter, know that he wasn't going to participate in the combine.

He said he hadn't worked out in over a month so he wasn't prepared to participate at the combine. This is not something you want to hear from a player, who already has character concerns, that you're potentially giving millions upon millions of dollars too.

but I just don't like how he's handled himself.

damn,,major flags if what u said is true...

it's all about his proday

he is a good kid and will be an ALL-PRO by his 2nd year

There are plenty of "good kids" out there that are just flat out lazy. I'm going to guess this guy fits in that category. There is no excuse at all for walking out of the combine without telling anyone even if it's all about "his" proday. There were plenty of teams that I am sure took time out of one of their biggest days to see and talk to him and he bailed. Yeah, there's nothing wrong with that.

There are plenty of "good kids" out there that are just flat out lazy. I'm going to guess this guy fits in that category. There is no excuse at all for walking out of the combine without telling anyone even if it's all about "his" proday. There were plenty of teams that I am sure took time out of one of their biggest days to see and talk to him and he bailed. Yeah, there's nothing wrong with that.

would you like to make a bet?

Probowl in 2 years.....

Like either of us are even going to remember this discussion in two years...well I will but you I'm not so sure about. :P

While my short-term memory is shot to hell, i blame all this damn bio-nonsense on it, I still possess a fantastic long-term memory haha I'll remember it for you guys if ya need any help.

I'd like to join the 'Bama guy (couldn't remember how to spell his name) in saying that wherever Smith ends up, he's going to be a stud. He possesses all-pro talent and by slipping down in the draft, his expectations will not be as high. I don't think we need to spend a first rounder on a RT, given our other needs, but wherever he ends up, he'll be a stud.

While my short-term memory is shot to hell, i blame all this damn bio-nonsense on it, I still possess a fantastic long-term memory haha I'll remember it for you guys if ya need any help.

I'd like to join the 'Bama guy (couldn't remember how to spell his name) in saying that wherever Smith ends up, he's going to be a stud. He possesses all-pro talent and by slipping down in the draft, his expectations will not be as high. I don't think we need to spend a first rounder on a RT, given our other needs, but wherever he ends up, he'll be a stud.

afo for short

BAP is my motto

F drafting by need,, sh1t and injuries happen

get football players

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Andre-Smith-did-not-visit-Yahoo-HotJobs-before-?urn=nfl,143411

If he had, he'd have been a little more prepared to make a good impression. And now, he might have to use Yahoo! HotJobs to find employment as a sales associate at Payless Shoe Source. Okay, maybe things aren't that bad for him, but they're pretty bad. If you haven't been following the Smith saga, first, he showed up for the combine way out of shape. Then, his one-on-one interviews were said to be going poorly, as he was "inappropriately dressed and [had] been giving a number of conflicting statements as to why he was choosing not to workout at the combine," according to SI.com's Tony Pauline.

And then, because things weren't quite catastrophic enough, he just left. And in the process, probably cost himself a whole lot of money.

CNBC's Darren Rovell crunched the numbers, and found that if Smith was going to be taken at the top of the first round before this whole mess (and he was -- key word being "was" -- considered by many the best tackle, or even player, in the draft), and now has fallen to the bottom of the first round, he'll have cost himself $23.8 million.

Ouch. It hurts to even type that. Hopefully, Smith can get it turned around and morph back into a stud before Alabama's pro day. He can still get a lot of that money back.

And there's no reason to believe he can't do it, either. If he can dominate for five years at Alabama, then somewhere in him is the discipline and desire to get back on top of his game. A man does not win Alabama's "Mr. Football" award in high school, make the SEC All-Freshman first team in 2006, make the All-SEC First Team in 2007, and then win the Outland Trophy in 2008 because he's a lazy headcase. Obviously, there's greatness in him somewhere.

Let's hope he finds it before his pockets take any more of a beating.

With this attitude and work ethic he'll be lucky to still be in the league in two years.

Well, you and I agree. It normally happens once or twice a year. So here's he first one. This guys have no idea how lucky and privaliged they are about to become. Think about it for a moment. 10-30 million dollars. MILLION Dollars. A million dollars to me would change my life.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Andre-Smith-did-not-visit-Yahoo-HotJobs-before-?urn=nfl,143411

If he had, he'd have been a little more prepared to make a good impression. And now, he might have to use Yahoo! HotJobs to find employment as a sales associate at Payless Shoe Source. Okay, maybe things aren't that bad for him, but they're pretty bad. If you haven't been following the Smith saga, first, he showed up for the combine way out of shape. Then, his one-on-one interviews were said to be going poorly, as he was "inappropriately dressed and [had] been giving a number of conflicting statements as to why he was choosing not to workout at the combine," according to SI.com's Tony Pauline.

And then, because things weren't quite catastrophic enough, he just left. And in the process, probably cost himself a whole lot of money.

1033395340_s.jpg

He won't drop too far.

Starting 40 games at Alabama, he's got plenty of game tape out there. Scouts didn't need to see him at the combine to know he's a lock for the top 10. If he drops because some of this off the field stuff, somebody is getting a steal. I can't see how he slips past Jax because of their scheme and lack of quality OL players.

He won't drop too far.

Starting 40 games at Alabama, he's got plenty of game tape out there. Scouts didn't need to see him at the combine to know he's a lock for the top 10. If he drops because some of this off the field stuff, somebody is getting a steal. I can't see how he slips past Jax because of their scheme and lack of quality OL players.

or Jills

Ohh I see what you did here.

I wrote Jax, and like a comedic genius, you responded with 'Jills' -- just like the nursery rhyme. OMG like that was so funny.

You really went for it, and it paid off. Really. Thanks for you contribution.

i always refer to bills as jills

it did work well as jills need a tackle too

Archived