Andre Smith dropping like a rock

afosomf

If he's there you have to take him

and put woody back to guard

i said this in another thread...mostly kidding though. i'd hate to see mike t. create the need for an OL that didn't need to be created just to take one in the first round when there are other positions we could have been addressing with the pick.

i said this in another thread...mostly kidding though. i'd hate to see mike t. create the need for an OL that didn't need to be created just to take one in the first round when there are other positions we could have been addressing with the pick.

OL in the 1st round (where we pick) is cheaper than Moore.

Do not draft this guy. Reading the internet, the views of him have been horrbile. People that have class with this guy at Alabama are saying he is really lazy, rude, and thinks the world owes him. We really don't need to waste another first round pick on a lazy player.

if the lazy thing is true i dont want him.

Do not draft this guy. Reading the internet, the views of him have been horrbile. People that have class with this guy at Alabama are saying he is really lazy, rude, and thinks the world owes him. We really don't need to waste another first round pick on a lazy player.

he is a stud!!!!!! you cannot pass on him!!!

So he sounds like 95% of all good college players, working at stripclub and night clubs I've met plenty of pro and college players and 98% were complete *******s. Strawberry (baseball), Moore (boxing), every player UM (football) and every player from the State of Florida that just signed with a team and came back home to hangout have been the worst. I have met a few that are cool but they are few and far between.

Another excellent reason to avoid him. OL is fine. Leave it alone.

No one on this board knows him better than you and I and right now he scares me. He's unmotivated and basically a head case, it seems, at this point.

on the field he is a dominating tackle

the kid never got in trouble

we saw impact without him in utah game

on the field he is a dominating tackle

the kid never got in trouble

we saw impact without him in utah game

I'm in total agreement with you. The O lines performance or rather lack of it without Andre was an eye opener. What I'm saying is that the way the kids thought process is right now is scareing me. He's already cost himself a ton of money. This all started with Nick kicking him off the team before the Sugar Bowl. I still don't know why since no one at ALABAMA is talking but I'llm now try to find out.

I got a hold of a real estate agent from Tuscaloosa I met at spring practice a few years ago. He told me that the word is that Andre had contact with agents prior to the Sugar Bowl and that's why Saban tossed him from the ALABAMA team. That's kinda what I think we all thought. After the problems we had with the Gene Jelks fiasco and being close the the NCAA death penelty BAMA's playing it safe.

I got a hold of a real estate agent from Tuscaloosa I met at spring practice a few years ago. He told me that the word is that Andre had contact with agents prior to the Sugar Bowl and that's why Saban tossed him from the ALABAMA team. That's kinda what I think we all thought. After the problems we had with the Gene Jelks fiasco and being close the the NCAA death penelty BAMA's playing it safe.

That's good to know, but the whole reason to pass on him isn't because the kid doesn't have talent. It's because he's a head case. The Jets have failed on too many 1st round draft picks. RB and DE are very deep in this draft this year. Unless something crazy happens and Crabtree falls. Take the best DE or RB. Both positions are of need in Ryan's plans.

That's good to know, but the whole reason to pass on him isn't because the kid doesn't have talent. It's because he's a head case. The Jets have failed on too many 1st round draft picks. RB and DE are very deep in this draft this year. Unless something crazy happens and Crabtree falls. Take the best DE or RB. Both positions are of need in Ryan's plans.

never ever draft on need

If smith is on board and his rating is way ahead of others you take him

this kid started as a true freshman and he is dominant, i have seen 80% of his

games, trust me

Did you read ANY of my other posts ? :P

never ever draft on need

If smith is on board and his rating is way ahead of others you take him

this kid started as a true freshman and he is dominant, i have seen 80% of his

games, trust me

He is indeed a man/child. He can dominate like there's no tomorrow when he's in a game as you and I know. Obviously, for selfish reasons, I wish he'd stayed at ALABAMA another year.

I'm late to the game on this thread, but I have to agree with the bama pukes here :)

Andre Smith is not a head case, he is a stud. He probably pulled so he could "look" more fit than he was currently at the advice of his agent. Nothing different than what any other player would do. Plus with Brandon Moore being cut, the Jets could move Woody to guard and Andre to RT.

No.

Why invest a first round pick in a position that wasn't even a need a few days ago. That would just make the move of releasing Moore look even more stupid than it does now.

Exactly. That is why releasing Moore is dumb. Maybe we are overrating him somewhat and he isn't "worth" the money he is making - who cares? To waste a 1st round pick to replace him when we have other needs (CB, WR, maybe a QB will be there at #17 that they like) is ridiculous. I doubt there is anyone on the bench that they feel comfortable can slide into his spot. Unless there is a FA, who will be as good or better than Moore, for less money, that they know they can get (that is a lot of ifs), I still say this is dumb.

Exactly. That is why releasing Moore is dumb. Maybe we are overrating him somewhat and he isn't "worth" the money he is making - who cares? To waste a 1st round pick to replace him when we have other needs (CB, WR, maybe a QB will be there at #17 that they like) is ridiculous. I doubt there is anyone on the bench that they feel comfortable can slide into his spot. Unless there is a FA, who will be as good or better than Moore, for less money, that they know they can get (that is a lot of ifs), I still say this is dumb.

You're missing the genius of the move. By creating a gaping hole where there was none, the Jets can now use the pick on two different positions (RG/RT) without having to reach at CB/WR/QB being the only positions of need. So there will be more choices at positions of need at #17. :bag:

Marcus McNeil part 2

How do you not take this guy, and move Woody inside?

i guess you can just go bap and go from there. but we didn't even need an OL until (and if they still do) moore gets released. and with the need for a qb, wr, lb, db, rb.....why create anothe rneed that you then have to fill with a 1st round pick.

You're missing the genius of the move. By creating a gaping hole where there was none, the Jets can now use the pick on two different positions (RG/RT) without having to reach at CB/WR/QB being the only positions of need. So there will be more choices at positions of need at #17. :bag:

Ah, the old shoot your own soldiers to confuse the enemy routine. But of course. :D

Archived