Haynesworth?

Columbia Jet Fan

So its obvious the Jets are clearing a ton of space...unlike last year there doesn't seem to be as many glaring holes so I would guess the Jets aren't getting rid of quality players/starters (Coles/Moore) unless they had some big fish in their sights. With Ray Ray likely going to Dallas or back to Baltimore, Scott looking more and more likely to resign, and TJ getting looks from other teams he is more likely to sign with (Philly/NYG...), I don't see who the Jets are targeting (if that is indeed what they are doing). Any chance they are making a move for Fat Albert? I think him at DE in a 3-4 could be awesome aligned w/ Jenkins and Ellis. Who needs linebackers w/ that line. Also for switching to a 4-3...a D line of Ellis Jenkins, Al and Pace/Thomas would be amazing. Any chance we could be trying to make this happen?

So its obvious the Jets are clearing a ton of space...unlike last year there doesn't seem to be as many glaring holes so I would guess the Jets aren't getting rid of quality players/starters (Coles/Moore) unless they had some big fish in their sights. With Ray Ray likely going to Dallas or back to Baltimore, Scott looking more and more likely to resign, and TJ getting looks from other teams he is more likely to sign with (Philly/NYG...), I don't see who the Jets are targeting (if that is indeed what they are doing). Any chance they are making a move for Fat Albert? I think him at DE in a 3-4 could be awesome aligned w/ Jenkins and Ellis. Who needs linebackers w/ that line. Also for switching to a 4-3...a D line of Ellis Jenkins, Al and Pace/Thomas would be amazing. Any chance we could be trying to make this happen?

Ryan's defense is not a traditional 3-4, like say, New England.

It resembles a 3-4 only because it's usual alignment starts with 3 down linemen, but it's actually more conceptually like Old Man Buddy's "46", which is why having a physical, hard hitting tackler at SS is critical.

That said, Haynesworth would look good in any defense.

Don't think it will happen, though.

I love the idea of landing a big-Fish like Haynesworth. Pairing him with Jenkins would give us a beastly DL.

Like you said, we could plop Gholston on the end and even have the making of a tremendous 4-3 team.

Ryan said his defense is not a 3-4, but more a 3.5-3.5 with all the looks he brings... I can't see a player that could do more damage quicker then a head-stomper like Haynesworth. He and Jenkins could create a dominant 2-man line.

We could run the 2-5.

dude. What thread are YOU reading?

He was talking about the cap space, while he did say Lewis may go to Dallas It looks like the Jets might try and make a run for him also. He's looking for big money.

I'd be shocked if we get Haynesworth, seriously doubt it.

He was talking about the cap space, while he did say Lewis may go to Dallas It looks like the Jets might try and make a run for him also. He's looking for big money also.

I'd be shocked if we get Haynesworth, seriously doubt it.

oh. I must've missed that Lewis to the Jets connection in this thread. ;)

My goal this off-season is Haynesworth, Bart Scott, and Vontae Davis.

Is that too much to ask?

Im just saying theres no reason the Jets couldnt try to trade coles or moore (right?)...so to me it looks like they are scrambling to open as much space as possible in a very short time...

Free agency starts Friday right? Guys like Al, Ray, Scott, TJ are gonna be going quick to set the market (we alll saw how weird the MLB market has been in this economy)...the Jets look like they are targetting a big fish....god I hope its not Ray Lewish.

haynesworth has said he wants to be the highest paid defensive player in the NFL

ryan could figure out a way to make it work with fat albert and jenkins

but

I think they are going to make a run at lewis (I hope I'm wrong) or go after like 4-6 "B" tier players

Archived