Boland impersonator fools us hook, line and sinker.

jcord1786

http://weblogs.newsday.com/sports/fo....html#comments

Posted by E.Boland | February 27, 2009 12:01

Ray Lewis is looking like the Jets next target , they just set up a meeting

with Ray's agent .

Two interesting rumors floating around , is that the Jets might actually sign Lewis

then offer David Harris to Cleveland (Mangini Loves Him) Braylon Edwards Anyone?

Stay tuned.....

(BigM you might get your wish)

Posted by E.Boland | February 27, 2009 12:27

Well now it appears that the Bills Cb, Jabari Greer is real close to being signed

this deal appears will be done in a few hours.

Stay tuned.....

with Ray's agent .

Two interesting rumors floating around , is that the Jets might actually sign Lewis

then offer David Harris to Cleveland (Mangini Loves Him) Braylon Edwards Anyone?

Stay tuned.....

Well now it appears that the Bills Cb, Jabari Greer is real close to being signed

Stay tuned.....

This is crazyness

with Ray's agent .

Stay tuned.....

Stay tuned.....

Harris -> Cleveland and Braylon -> Jets... and sign Lewis? WOW that would be unexpected and weird.

As to the second part, what an uninformative post. Greer is real close to being signed with WHO? Re-signed by the Bills?

JCord, I know you got this from JI, but this is a false quote (not by you, but by the poster who originally did)

I'm copying and pasting what you link to:

Comments (15)

Posted by BigM | February 27, 2009 11:49

Any word with WR's? I know TJ is not in the mix but anything else? Reggie Williams I think would be a nice addition.

Posted by BigM | February 27, 2009 11:49

Any word with WR's? I know TJ is not in the mix but anything else? Reggie Williams I think would be a nice addition.

Posted by BigM | February 27, 2009 11:51

Dammit...sorry for the double post.

Posted by R in CT | February 27, 2009 11:54

Hey E -- that futon is gonna get lonely if you spend another night up on the phone working this free agent madness ...

Of course, we appreciate the effort!

I like that the team seems to be getting younger -- Scott replacing Barton, Kemoeatu replacing Moore, maybe draft picks/Clowney/Stuckey replacing Coles ...

Speaking of Coles, any word on him landing in Miami yet?

Thanks again -- keep up the good work!

Posted by E.Boland | February 27, 2009 11:55

BigM, remember, they don't have the money they had last year so they can't address all their needs in FA. T.J. isn't in the mix there for the Jets. Nate Washington from Pitt...maybe.

Posted by Jey | February 27, 2009 11:56

T.J. Said lastnight on sportcenter that he told his agent he would like to go to NewYork

as well as the eagles and vikings...maybe the door is open for both the Giants and Jets on the possibility of landing him.

Posted by Dak | February 27, 2009 11:57

just on SC Scott agrees in principle with jets for 5 yr 40 mil.... what you got Ebol?

Posted by BigM | February 27, 2009 11:58

Erik: I know but wouldn't someone like Reggie Williams come cheap? Unless I am in over my head...and teams are targeting him.

Posted by Roger | February 27, 2009 12:01

E.Bola,

I'm not loving the Lewis to Jets, David Harris to Cleveland scenario. Tell me it's not true?

Posted by BigM | February 27, 2009 12:05

Erik: Look whos starting the internet rumors NOW!

Hopefully :( I dont want to lose harris!

Posted by are-tee | February 27, 2009 12:07

I agree with Roger. If that's true, it would mean that Rex is trying to make the Jets into "Baltimore North" .

Posted by Spencer | February 27, 2009 12:13

Did you actually read that rumor, or just make it up? Mangini would never be that stupid. I know Harris is young and pretty good, but Edwards is one of the best young WR in the game. That doesn't make sense for either team anyway - there will be a lot of young WR in the draft, and keeping Harris gives Rex two young ILB perfect for the 3-4.

Posted by Nick in CT | February 27, 2009 12:15

Please don't let David Harris leave and replace him with someone 10 years older. I know getting some Ravens here to help with the transition has value, but David Harris is a very good player. Called signals in his rookie year and thumps like no other when he's healthy. Ray Lewis is a downgrade from a healthy Harris at this point and a good wide receiver class makes it unnecessary to pick up Edwards, who is coming off a lackluster year.

Let's give Kemoeatu a shot. If nothing else they got comparable talent (and more youth) without taking such a big cap hit. Don't forget he was playing with four other guys on that underachieving Pitt line that are nowhere near the skill level that we will have around him. Plus Callahan can work out some kinks as he did this year.

Posted by Mr Green T | February 27, 2009 12:20

I was stuck in a meeting from 9-11 this morning checking my cell phone for updates, then listening to the fan all the way home. As i walk in the house, UPS delivered Bart Scott. Cost of all the late night coffee: $6.50, cost to life expectancy: 2 years, Bart Scott-NY Jet: Priceless! Thanks for keeping me entertained last night Erik. In a blogging-type way.

Posted by Dak | February 27, 2009 12:27

The browns just traded TE Kellen Winslow to the bucs for undisclosed draft picks... so maybe Mangini is cleaning house and the getting rid of Edwards rumor is coming from thier camp...

No where in here are the two posts cited by you. If I'm wrong, please someone point it out.

Greer close to signing with who?

Yeah thats what I'm asking, what a stupid post to not say who. The way its worded, probably the Bills, just the "default" plus they have tons of cap space anyway why not?

Come to think of it about Braylon how good is he really? I know he's considered a top 10 WR but if I remember correctly he drops everything in sight.

JCord, I know you got this from JI, but this is a false quote (not by you, but by the poster who originally did)

I'm copying and pasting what you link to:

No where in here are the two posts cited by you. If I'm wrong, please someone point it out.

Yes, you are correct. There was an E. Boland imposture on the newsday site spewing garbage. Boland removed this imposture's comments..And Basset on TJB also reported that the comments did not come from him, and has thus removed these rumors from his site as well.

Archived