Belichick screwed over McDaniel with Cassell deal

Klecko73isGod

Just heard Mort on ESPN News say that New England turned down a deal that would have brought them the number 12 overall pick in the draft to prevent the Broncos from getting Matt Cassell.

Josh McDaniel wanted to bring in Cassell, who knows his system.

The trade would have been a three way which would have sent Jay Cutler and the Broncos first rounder to the Lions for the number one overall pick and the Lions third rounder, the Lions would have then sent the Broncos pick to New England for Cassell to go to Denver.

So it's starting to look like BB went out of his way, way out of his way, to screw over a former assistant.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just heard Mort on ESPN News say that New England turned down a deal that would have brought them the number 12 overall pick in the draft to prevent the Broncos from getting Matt Cassell.

The trade would have been a three way which would have sent Jay Cutler and the Broncos first rounder to the Lions for the number one overall pick and the Lions third rounder, the Lions would have then sent the Broncos pick to New England for Cassell to go to Denver.

So it's starting to look like BB went out of his way, way out of his way, to screw over a former assistant.

wasnt the first time he has done it and wont be the last

wasnt the first time he has done it and wont be the last

Belichick's obsession with screwing over his former assistants will be his eventual downfall.

By turning down the best offer, he hurt his team simply to teach a lesson to his "disloyal" apprentice.

I don't know about you, but I chuckle at the thought of Belichick getting all pissy about others being disloyal to him, especially when I think of his disloyalty to his mentor and a dying old man.

What?

The news of Vrabel being traded was announced a day before Cassel and the compensation was officially announced. Then after the trade we here the details of the Bronocos trying to trade for Cassell.

So you are saying it would have been ok for Belichick to bone Pioli and withdraw from that trade for this one.

You people and your obvious jealousy of Belichick is sad.

What?

The news of Vrabel being traded was announced a day before Cassel and the compensation was officially announced. Then after the trade we here the details of the Bronocos trying to trade for Cassell.

So you are saying it would have been ok for Belichick to bone Pioli and withdraw from that trade for this one.

You people and your obvious jealousy of Belichick is sad.

2nd rd is bettah than a rd 3...this thread makes no sense

The year the JETS won a REAL superbowl without cheating and opened the door for other teams like the Pats to eventually have the same chance...

The last 9 years should be hell for you... your franchise finally wins the superbowl and it was all a fraud...

The year the JETS won a REAL superbowl without cheating and opened the door for other teams like the Pats to eventually have the same chance...

The last 9 years should be hell for you... your franchise finally wins the superbowl and it was all a fraud...

Well if we lived in the delusional world of the typical Jets' fan maybe, but in the real world things are alright.

Well if we lived in the delusional world of the typical Jets' fan maybe, but in the real world things are alright.

In the real world the Pats lost draft picks for cheating, clear as day to everyone except delusional pats fans.

Just as a lot of sports guru's think that the steroid players should not be in the HOF... they think there should be a * next to the Pats SB wins...

The Pats are not a real dynasty... NOBODY mentions them in the same breath as the Cowboys/Lakers/Bulls/49ers/Celts anymore... those a REAL dynasties that you tell your kids about... not the Pats... they cheated and have yet to prove they can win one without cheating...

In the real world the Pats lost draft picks for cheating, clear as day to everyone except delusional pats fans.

Just as a lot of sports guru's think that the steroid players should not be in the HOF... they think there should be a * next to the Pats SB wins...

The Pats are not a real dynasty... NOBODY mentions them in the same breath as the Cowboys/Lakers/Bulls/49ers/Celts anymore... those a REAL dynasties that you tell your kids about... not the Pats... they cheated and have yet to prove they can win one without cheating...

:sign0098:

They think? Who is they? Please give a name. An article. The thing is you do not have any. I am sure you can google for an article when it happened, but here and now there is none. Heard a peep from Arlen Specter lately? No.

The Patriots violated rules and did get punished. No one denies that. What Jets' fan is incapable of understanding is that happens all the time. Jimmie Johnson said he did the same thing as a coach during his first years in the NFL. Dick Vermiel said it happens all the time. Mike Shanhan openly said they steal signals and he explained how they do it. We all know players try to steal signals.

So what exactly am I supposed to be upset or remorseful about? That other teams stole signals with cameras like the Patriots, but they were not caught? Or that stealing signals is a part of the game, but the way the Patriots did it is illegal?

Again, why should I get upset at the Patriots for stealing signals which is a part of the game? Were they roided out like the Steelers in the 70s? No. Did they violate the cap like the 49ers and Broncos? No.

They used a camera versus writing it down. Wow.

2nd rd is bettah than a rd 3...this thread makes no sense

No they are bitching at Belichick for not taken the Broncos 12th while Lions got Cutler and gave a 1st and 3rd to the Broncos when the parameters of the CHiefs' deal was in play. :rolleyes:

They think? Who is they? Please give a name. An article. The thing is you do not have any. I am sure you can google for an article when it happened, but here and now there is none. Heard a peep from Arlen Specter lately? No.

The Patriots violated rules and did get punished. No one denies that. What Jets' fan is incapable of understanding is that happens all the time. Jimmie Johnson said he did the same thing as a coach during his first years in the NFL. Dick Vermiel said it happens all the time. Mike Shanhan openly said they steal signals and he explained how they do it. We all know players try to steal signals.

So what exactly am I supposed to be upset or remorseful about? That other teams stole signals with cameras like the Patriots, but they were not caught? Or that stealing signals is a part of the game, but the way the Patriots did it is illegal?

Again, why should I get upset at the Patriots for stealing signals which is a part of the game? Were they roided out like the Steelers in the 70s? No. Did they violate the cap like the 49ers and Broncos? No.

They used a camera versus writing it down. Wow.

No they are bitching at Belichick for not taken the Broncos 12th while Lions got Cutler and gave a 1st and 3rd to the Broncos when the parameters of the CHiefs' deal was in play. :rolleyes:

Your really going to say that America and the World view the Pats in the same light as the Cowboys/49ers/Steelers/Bulls/Celtics/Lakers???

The wins are tainted, period.

Your really going to say that America and the World view the Pats in the same light as the Cowboys/49ers/Steelers/Bulls/Celtics/Lakers???

The wins are tainted, period.

You are a joke.

Nice way to make a point.

You put a team in there that is supposedly above reproach that is known without a shadow of a doubt to use roids.

You are a dumb ass.

You are a joke.

You put a team in there that is supposedly above reproach that is known without a shadow of a doubt to use roids.

You are a dumb ass.

Erase their past prior to this millennium and they are still far above the Pats in the eyes of the world...

You are a joke.

You are a dumb ass.

Don't attack him personally. He is clearly striking a nerve with you but no reason to attack him personally.

Back on topic --

I find it VERY hard to believe that Belly would pass up the 12th pick in the first round. And instead ended up what, almost 30 picks later instead?

Doesn't seem possible.

Don't attack him personally. He is clearly striking a nerve with you but no reason to attack him personally.

Back on topic --

I find it VERY hard to believe that Belly would pass up the 12th pick in the first round. And instead ended up what, almost 30 picks later instead?

Doesn't seem possible.

Josh McDaniels screwed the intern that BB was trying to boink.... :lol:

Seriously though... seems a little too crazy to be true...

Back on topic --

Doesn't seem possible.

No, I am pointing out it is stupid and you might want to use a team that was not riddled with roided up players. Just sayin'.

So you are saying he should pull out of a deal that is already in the works?

No, I am pointing out it is stupid and you might want to use a team that was not riddled with roided up players. Just sayin'.

I am saying that if Belly could have upgraded to the 12th pick overall and it required him pulling the plug on his Mother who was on life support, that the Patriots would have the 12th pick.

Say what you want about Belly. His track record is clear, he will do whatever it takes to win. I am not saying that as a bad thing.

To jump up that far? Anyone would.

Erase the Steel Curtain... Steelers are still better...

Seriously can you see american pop warner coaches using the Pats as an example of greatness?

I am saying that if Belly could have upgraded to the 12th pick overall and it required him pulling the plug on his Mother who was on life support, that the Patriots would have the 12th pick.

Say what you want about Belly. His track record is clear, he will do whatever it takes to win. I am not saying that as a bad thing.

LOL

Correct.

if deal was legit yes...mumbles has no morals or scruples

I know how joshie could get back at him...

Cutler to jets...Get r done joshie:D

if deal was legit yes...mumbles has no morals or scruples

I know how joshie could get back at him...

Cutler to jets...Get r done joshie:D

You guys are so jealous of Belichick spurning your crappy franchise.

Move on.

It was never meant to be.

It is sad.

Move on.

It is sad.

Beats being cranky and trying to defend cheating. Keep it up and I will bring madmike back to put you in your place.

Move on.

It is sad.

wait a minute

he leaves his wife and bangs shenococca ...sends the woman $40k in a shoe box

steals a $1m from Hess

Cheats with cameras to gain an edge..

what am i missing???

that said he is not passing up 12th pick to please peeoli...sorry not happening.

wait a minute

he leaves his wife and bangs shenococca ...sends the woman $40k in a shoe box

steals a $1m from Hess

Cheats with cameras to gain an edge..

what am i missing???

that said he is not passing up 12th pick to please peeoli...sorry not happening.

It is worth noting that the Patriots had to pay the postage on the $40,000 Fed Ex shipment.

Move on.

It is sad.

Jealous is the wrong word. more like disgusted at how it occurred, considering he handed in his resignation on a ****tail napkin shows that he has no class , judging at how he handles his operations in New England shows he has no morals and doesn't care about anyone other than himself.

I forget, how long has it been since the Patriots won it all? Yes, much more recent than the Jets. I know that. The Jets track record is nothing short of terrible.

BUT --

Some people still talk about Belly like he is a great coach. He choked in the Super Bowl two years ago. And then had one injury and didn't even make the playoffs last year.

Let's call it what it is and this is a downward slide.

Archived