Belichick screwed over McDaniel with Cassell deal

Klecko73isGod

I forget, how long has it been since the Patriots won it all? Yes, much more recent than the Jets. I know that. The Jets track record is nothing short of terrible.

BUT --

Some people still talk about Belly like he is a great coach. He choked in the Super Bowl two years ago. And then had one injury and didn't even make the playoffs last year.

Let's call it what it is and this is a downward slide.

i forgot he is also a sore loser, could not even wit for the superbowl to finsih before walking off the field. Whats to respect about this guy?

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i forgot he is also a sore loser, could not even wit for the superbowl to finsih before walking off the field. Whats to respect about this guy?

Good point. Really good point.

All that being said, I would take 3 titles even if the Jets had to cheat to get him. It isn't the dynasty everyone once thought it would be. But hey 3 stolen titles is nothing to laugh at.

I forget, how long has it been since the Patriots won it all? Yes, much more recent than the Jets. I know that. The Jets track record is nothing short of terrible.

BUT --

Some people still talk about Belly like he is a great coach. He choked in the Super Bowl two years ago. And then had one injury and didn't even make the playoffs last year.

Let's call it what it is and this is a downward slide.

Remove the cheating years and the Pats are a joke... Superbowl losers and chokers surrounded by losing seasons...

They owe Kurt Warner, Donovan Mcnabb and Jake Delhomme Superbowl rings.

Good point. Really good point.

All that being said, I would take 3 titles even if the Jets had to cheat to get him. It isn't the dynasty everyone once thought it would be. But hey 3 stolen titles is nothing to laugh at.

Yes but all in all... the JETS one Superbowl goes down in history as better than all 3 of the Pats put together... the Joe Willy guarantee is icing on the cake...

Remove the cheating years and the Pats are a joke... Superbowl losers and chokers surrounded by losing seasons...

They owe Walt Coleman, Donovan Mcnabb and John Kasay Superbowl rings.

and the various cameras hidden cameras

corrrection!

BB is scumbag.

I dont know why Pats fans try to defend him. He is a scummy POS.

Its just like when Spurrier was the HC at Florida. I knew he was arrogant scumbag, but I didnt care. He made us great. I didnt like him as a man, loved him as a coach.

Why cant Pats fans just admit that he is cheating scumbag?

Its not like anyone will ever take those championships away...

They think? Who is they? Please give a name. An article. The thing is you do not have any. I am sure you can google for an article when it happened, but here and now there is none. Heard a peep from Arlen Specter lately? No.

The Patriots violated rules and did get punished. No one denies that. What Jets' fan is incapable of understanding is that happens all the time. Jimmie Johnson said he did the same thing as a coach during his first years in the NFL. Dick Vermiel said it happens all the time. Mike Shanhan openly said they steal signals and he explained how they do it. We all know players try to steal signals.

So what exactly am I supposed to be upset or remorseful about? That other teams stole signals with cameras like the Patriots, but they were not caught? Or that stealing signals is a part of the game, but the way the Patriots did it is illegal?

Again, why should I get upset at the Patriots for stealing signals which is a part of the game? Were they roided out like the Steelers in the 70s? No. Did they violate the cap like the 49ers and Broncos? No.

They used a camera versus writing it down. Wow.

No they are bitching at Belichick for not taken the Broncos 12th while Lions got Cutler and gave a 1st and 3rd to the Broncos when the parameters of the CHiefs' deal was in play. :rolleyes:

Bitch speak.

Belichick's obsession with screwing over his former assistants will be his eventual downfall.

By turning down the best offer, he hurt his team simply to teach a lesson to his "disloyal" apprentice.

I don't know about you, but I chuckle at the thought of Belichick getting all pissy about others being disloyal to him, especially when I think of his disloyalty to his mentor and a dying old man.

You hit the nail on the head. Beliprick being pissed about disloyalty :rolleyes:. How ironic . :P

No, I am pointing out it is stupid and you might want to use a team that was not riddled with roided up players. Just sayin'.

So you are saying he should pull out of a deal that is already in the works?

yeah, thats how it works in the REAL world. something you are not familiar with! :)

You guys are so jealous of Belichick spurning your crappy franchise.

Move on.

It was never meant to be.

It is sad.

That has nothing to do with it in actuality. I don't like cheaters. If it came out that the entire nfl was doing it, I would stop watching. Stop thinking everyone is jealous of you, in my life the pats aren't even the team i have hated the most. I dispise the fact that they cheated but I hate the Bills and Steelers much more.

What?

The news of Vrabel being traded was announced a day before Cassel and the compensation was officially announced. Then after the trade we here the details of the Bronocos trying to trade for Cassell.

So you are saying it would have been ok for Belichick to bone Pioli and withdraw from that trade for this one.

You people and your obvious jealousy of Belichick is sad.

:rl: Typical spin by you. You'd defend Beliprick even if he were the antichrist.

The year the JETS won a REAL superbowl without cheating and opened the door for other teams like the Pats to eventually have the same chance...

The last 9 years should be hell for you... your franchise finally wins the superbowl and it was all a fraud...

The day you burn all your Yankee wear and denounce them as the cheating franchise they are, is the day you gain any credibility.

This story is hogwash. Why you all buy into anything that ESPN spews is beyond me. I have come to the conclusion that the only believable reporter out there is Adam Schefter. He reports it, I'll give it some thought. The Monkeys at ESPN, not so much.

Kansas, pay these green folks no mind. It's jealousy, pure and simple. We've seen this before. New coach. Tough coach. YEAH! New, overpaid, players - YEAH! New Attitude. Yeah! Hope springs eternal. Chest thumping and trumpeting commences. Then Winter comes. Same 'ole same 'ole.

....well, I just heard something a wee bit different on local radio - source ESPN. So take it for what it is worth. But I do love the "spin" Jets fans put on it. Hacks.

It appears the Tampa showed some interest in Cassel - and they were working out a deal that involved Denver. Unfortunatley, the dumbasses in Tampa AND Denver, tried to work this deal AFTER the papers were filed and approved by the league. I suspect that although BB may have wantedf to pursue this - he didn't exactly want to piss off Godell by screwing over the process. Last time he did that - filiming from a forbidden part of the field - it cost him a boat load of money and a first round draft pick. So, if this is true, what you are all basically saying is that BB is a pr*ck for playing by the rules. The man can't win with you all. Can't say that I blame you. Deep down inside you're still pissed he left you at the alter. Visions of SB's dancing in your heads. I get it. It's time to let it go though.

What?

The news of Vrabel being traded was announced a day before Cassel and the compensation was officially announced. Then after the trade we here the details of the Bronocos trying to trade for Cassell.

So you are saying it would have been ok for Belichick to bone Pioli and withdraw from that trade for this one.

You people and your obvious jealousy of Belichick is sad.

What do you mean, you people?

Just heard Mort on ESPN News say that New England turned down a deal that would have brought them the number 12 overall pick in the draft to prevent the Broncos from getting Matt Cassell.

Josh McDaniel wanted to bring in Cassell, who knows his system.

The trade would have been a three way which would have sent Jay Cutler and the Broncos first rounder to the Lions for the number one overall pick and the Lions third rounder, the Lions would have then sent the Broncos pick to New England for Cassell to go to Denver.

So it's starting to look like BB went out of his way, way out of his way, to screw over a former assistant.

Since Vrabel who was part of the deal was already in KC the day before, I imagine this deal was already agreed upon between BB and KC.

....well, I just heard something a wee bit different on local radio - source ESPN. So take it for what it is worth. But I do love the "spin" Jets fans put on it. Hacks.

It appears the Tampa showed some interest in Cassel - and they were working out a deal that involved Denver. Unfortunatley, the dumbasses in Tampa AND Denver, tried to work this deal AFTER the papers were filed and approved by the league. I suspect that although BB may have wantedf to pursue this - he didn't exactly want to piss off Godell by screwing over the process. Last time he did that - filiming from a forbidden part of the field - it cost him a boat load of money and a first round draft pick. So, if this is true, what you are all basically saying is that BB is a pr*ck for playing by the rules. The man can't win with you all. Can't say that I blame you. Deep down inside you're still pissed he left you at the alter. Visions of SB's dancing in your heads. I get it. It's time to let it go though.

well, i don't know about the rest of the people here, but i thought he was a ****er when he was with Cleveland too, so get another theory.

This story is hogwash. Why you all buy into anything that ESPN spews is beyond me. I have come to the conclusion that the only believable reporter out there is Adam Schefter. He reports it, I'll give it some thought. The Monkeys at ESPN, not so much.

Kansas, pay these green folks no mind. It's jealousy, pure and simple. We've seen this before. New coach. Tough coach. YEAH! New, overpaid, players - YEAH! New Attitude. Yeah! Hope springs eternal. Chest thumping and trumpeting commences. Then Winter comes. Same 'ole same 'ole.

Well, since schefter is the one who broke the story, what the hell are you talking about?

:rl: F#cking Jets fans. The masters of jumping to conclusions. At least they're good at something I guess.

The day you burn all your Yankee wear and denounce them as the cheating franchise they are, is the day you gain any credibility.

LOL.

And Big Papi & Manny are clean. LOL

You also forget that Pats players were busted for PEDs.

Beats being cranky and trying to defend cheating. Keep it up and I will bring madmike back to put you in your place.

Go ahead Maximus. You are the ruler here wielding that sword at your very whim.

Since Vrabel who was part of the deal was already in KC the day before, I imagine this deal was already agreed upon between BB and KC.

Stop. That is what I said in post 7 of this thread. Bring up this logic will only stop the pity fest most Jets conjure up to explain their team's 40 years of futility. When it all comes down to their team is a f'ing joke.

Wait what?

What did I miss?

Your never ending love affair with A-Roid and Giambroid. You raise your moral indignation until that first three run homerun and then all is forgotten.

:rl: Typical spin by you. You'd defend Beliprick even if he were the antichrist.

Spin how? Coaches said they did the same thing. Please explain how that is spin?

That has nothing to do with it in actuality. I don't like cheaters. If it came out that the entire nfl was doing it, I would stop watching. Stop thinking everyone is jealous of you, in my life the pats aren't even the team i have hated the most. I dispise the fact that they cheated but I hate the Bills and Steelers much more.

http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=273719

For example, FOX's Jimmy Johnson admitted to videotaping coaching signals during his time with the Cowboys, and that he was told about the technique by a Chiefs scout 18 years ago. Johnson also confessed to having interns rifle through the press box trash in search of notes that might have been discarded by opposing coaches. Also, ESPN's Mike Ditka spoke of George Halas bugging locker rooms and George Allen videotaping practices. Pressed by his colleagues on whether Ditka has proof that the late Redskins/Rams coach actually videotaped practices, Ditka quipped, "George can't deny it. He's not here."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs07/news/story?id=3230854

"Personally, I don't think it had any effect on the game," Vermeil said. "That stuff's been going on forever and I don't think you gain from it.

Enjoy and welcome to the real world.

Go ahead Maximus. You are the ruler here wielding that sword at your very whim.

Stop. That is what I said in post 7 of this thread. Bring up this logic will only stop the pity fest most Jets conjure up to explain their team's 40 years of futility. When it all comes down to their team is a f'ing joke.

Your never ending love affair with A-Roid and Giambroid. You raise your moral indignation until that first three run homerun and then all is forgotten.

Spin how? Coaches said they did the same thing. Please explain how that is spin?

http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=273719

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs07/news/story?id=3230854

Enjoy and welcome to the real world.

Relax Sparky.

I only posted what I heard Mort say on ESPN News.

Also, stop being a sycophantic moron and use your head. If Belichick taped for 7 friggin' years, which he is on record as saying he did, he did it because he felt it gave him an advantage.

You don't know more about the game than the man you and your ilk have anointed as a "genius" so stop pretending you do, it makes you look like an *******.

It's kind of creepy how fascinated you guys are with a symbol that looks quite similar to an a$$hole. Just sayin'...Don't mind me, I'll just be sure not to bend over in front of any of you guys.

It's kind of creepy how fascinated you guys are with a symbol that looks quite similar to an a$$hole. Just sayin'...Don't mind me, I'll just be sure not to bend over in front of any of you guys.

Its kind of creepy that you would even think that an asterisk looks like an *******. What do you have on your mind? Butthole princess. Is alk an acronym for ass licker?

They think? Who is they? Please give a name. An article. The thing is you do not have any. I am sure you can google for an article when it happened, but here and now there is none. Heard a peep from Arlen Specter lately? No.

The Patriots violated rules and did get punished. No one denies that. What Jets' fan is incapable of understanding is that happens all the time. Jimmie Johnson said he did the same thing as a coach during his first years in the NFL. Dick Vermiel said it happens all the time. Mike Shanhan openly said they steal signals and he explained how they do it. We all know players try to steal signals.

So what exactly am I supposed to be upset or remorseful about? That other teams stole signals with cameras like the Patriots, but they were not caught? Or that stealing signals is a part of the game, but the way the Patriots did it is illegal?

Again, why should I get upset at the Patriots for stealing signals which is a part of the game? Were they roided out like the Steelers in the 70s? No. Did they violate the cap like the 49ers and Broncos? No.

They used a camera versus writing it down. Wow.

No they are bitching at Belichick for not taken the Broncos 12th while Lions got Cutler and gave a 1st and 3rd to the Broncos when the parameters of the CHiefs' deal was in play. :rolleyes:

So be honest with just yourself. Not with any other fan jet or pat. Do you feel like the pats did something wrong? Do you feel like the superbowl at all is tainted? If you don't then don't worry about every sport fan other then pats fan say. And if you do admit it then I will never ever bring it up again. bank on it.

LMAO! You have brown/red star star fishes on your mind?

Bill Bellichick is a thug turd and a wanker. this has all been documented.

Its kind of creepy that you would even think that an asterisk looks like an *******. What do you have on your mind? Butthole princess.

The only thing on my mind is who left the gates open and let some first rate douchebags into this once great website.

You're the only one that has ever said that, maybe it's just you that feels that way.

Archived