I love preseason, anyone else?

lancemehl

I know most people think PS irrelevant, but I love to watch the new talent, who cares who they are playing, they are playing NFL players, period.

I love analysing possible sleepers.

We may have a gem at RB, WR, or QB, what's mor exciting than that.

When Cotch was a 4th rounder out of NC state, we didn't expect him to make the team.

Same with Leon drafted late and being small.

All our 4ths

Chrebet....

You get the idea.

I LOVE watching our rooks.

I know most people think PS irrelevant, but I love to watch the new talent, who cares who they are playing, they are playing NFL players, period.

I love analysing possible sleepers.

When Cotch was a 4th rounder out of NC state, we didn't expect him to make the team.

Same with Leon drafted late and being small.

All our 4ths

Chrebet....

You get the idea.

I LOVE watching our rooks.

I like watching PS games but am beginning to think 4 to 5 games is too long. Make it three. The last game is a total waste as only the players being cut, or who will be inactive on game day, actually get time to prevent any serious injuries.

it used to be that the seemingly endless off season was 8 months of no football suckiness, but with the Jets new aggressive-we'll-sign-anybody-we-think-can-help-us attitude of Mike T and Woody, it has certainly been better than it was with Bradway as GM.

As far as PS games go, well they can be real gauges of what you've got and where you're going. Take for example Chad against Minnesota in his last TC here, or Adrien Clarke trying to block Dwight Freeney...Chad got benched and Clarke earned the nickname The Gate

Who knows maybe Brett Ratliff turns out to actually BE the player we saw last summer...that would be nice

I have to say, though, that this years PS games will prove interesting. I want to see many things and we have many questions that need answering. I want to see our new aggressive D and I want to see a lot of 3 and outs for the other teams O. I want to see if TJ shows up. I want to see all of our Free Agents play especially Scott and Lito. I want to see if Gholston can get a sack. I want to see Rex' coaching style. And foremost, I want to see if Brett Ratcliff is the real deal. The questions I have are will Schottie be able to be more aggressive. Will our draft picks and UDFA's be worth all the hype. And foremost, who will win the QB contest. That will be the most interesting. There may be others you guys have. Can anyone add to my list? Like who the cheerleaders will be. LOL. :confused:

The best thing about preseason is it only takes 47 pass attempts against 3rd-stringers to find a franchise QB.

Wow, somehow you made it a Ratliff thread. nice LOL

Yes, though, Ratliff was ONE of the exciting things.

Bachelors had a nice list:

Clowney/Rat, except Clowney actually made a heck of a catch that was in a REAL meaningful game down the stretch. I believe it kept a drive going, but i'm very high on Clowney(among other things)lol

Lowery, and on the flip side Gholston!

How fun was it to learn that Revis was THE MAN?

TJ is Dr. Jeckyyll and Mr. HYDE plus I'm dying to see each and every new RB, including Big Smashers like Caulrick and whoever they draft, also Woodhead. I want BIG RB's, sign a whole gang of them. LOL

I want to see Maclin or Heyward Bey or Nicks(if we nust give a17 for Cutler).

It's just crazy and it's fun football, it's getting to the movies and watching the previews.

ALL I NEED ARE ONE STUD from each group

group 1

Clemens

Ainge

Ratliff

Cutler

group two

Thomas Jones Caulrickrookie RB

group 3

Maclin(or first round WR)Clowney

Stuckey

Just three studs.Out of that list, the only stud last year was TJ. The other offensive studs I left off because I feel they will repeat, only TJ, IMO, may fall from grace, but if he duplicates 09, group 2 is taken care of.* A couple we already know, so they aren't listed, and *the rest would serve us well to be good at worst.

I like the preseason. I like seeing which rejects have some value and should make the team. Who deserves a little playing time and who might develop after some time with the team. Guys like Trusnik, Paul Raymond, Marques Murrell. I can just watch the players and plays without wanting to throw the ****ing TV through the window if things don't go right. The worst part is the douchebag announcers complaining that they should run the clock down for the entire second half. People are playing for their jobs and I hate hearing those hacks whine that they can't get back to the buffet in time. I'd like to ****ing decapitate every ****ing one of them. That's right, I'm talking to you Paul MacGuire.

And there is one thing that I don't want to see! I don't want to see any serious injuries that basically end our reason before it starts. No Vinnies writhing in the dirt when his Achilles gives out trying to recover a fumble. (I know that was opening day but the season ended before it began.) No Namaths trying to make a tackle after throwing an interception in pre-seaon and wrecking his knee. You get the picture

Uh, who didn't expect our 4th rounders to make the team?

Yeah. I pretty much expect every draft pick make the team, with the exception of maybe the 7th rounder making it onto the practice squad, instead. It's drama when a guy selected in the 5th round or higher doesn't make the team.

I watch the preseason. The NFL is really the only sport I follow. Baseball sucks. By the time the preseason rolls around, I'm interested to see what these guys look like on the field. But that's about it.

What mop-up superstar will be the next projected savior of Jet Nation? The suspense is killing me!

Archived