Looks like Leftwich will go to skins

afosomf

Byron Leftwich was so good against the Redskins last season that they're considering signing him.

Jets should go get Campbell.

He is the low turnover guy the Jets could use to run Ryan's Ravens O.

Leftwich will not sign with the Redskins, they were saying so on Sirius NFL radio. Why? Because he wants a chance to start and if he isn't going to get a chance to start, he'd be foolish not to go back to Pittsburgh and win.

So unless Leftwich lands in Tampa or New York with a chance to start, he'll end up resigning with Pittsburgh, because Washington told him they don't want him as anything more than a #2.

I'd like to get Leftwich or Garica. We need a vet in here. If it shakes the confidence of the qb's here then they don't need to be starting.

Exactly.

I would lean towards Leftwich. He is 29 and with a little more shelf life. I would think he wants one more starting gig and the contract that comes with it. A motivated QB coming back after three off years.

Jets should go get Campbell.

He is the low turnover guy the Jets could use to run Ryan's Ravens O.

Campbell SUCKS. There is no QB on the jets roster that I would cut to make room for Campbell, including Ainge. The Skins considering signing Leftwich from the compost heap should tell you something about how Campbell is percieved. He blows.

Campbell SUCKS. There is no QB on the jets roster that I would cut to make room for Campbell, including Ainge. The Skins considering signing Leftwich from the compost heap should tell you something about how Campbell is percieved. He blows.

Funny thing, Campbell has shown more then anyone on the Jets roster. Maybe Ratliff will be great, but he has not done anything. I am not sayign Campbell is a Pro Bowler. Far from it and I agree with your point about Leftwich.

The Jets are arguably in the toughest division and probably have the worst QB situation.

Funny thing, Campbell has shown more then anyone on the Jets roster. Maybe Ratliff will be great, but he has not done anything. I am not sayign Campbell is a Pro Bowler. Far from it and I agree with your point about Leftwich.

The Jets are arguably in the toughest division and probably have the worst QB situation.

Not probably, we do have the worst QB not only in our division but we are on the bottom of the entire nfl. Not a knock on Brett 2.0 because he hasn't had a chance yet. But as of right now, we have one of the worst QB rotation in the league.

Who knows what the young guys will bring to the table this year, but a marginal step up in class doesn't help the Jets. That is exactly what Campbell is.

Jason Campbell does not suck. He's not great by any means but looking at the standards of QB's around the league he's far from the worst.

If I recall correctly, he's had to deal with a new system every year in the NFL except for this one coming up. He led Clemson to an undefeated 3 ranking where many thought they should have had a shot at the BCS. Leadership was always there. His production has been slow going. 1st year starting #s were poor as he took over late in his 2nd year. In 2007 he started fading late then injured his knee. Todd Collins finished up and rallied 4 wins in a row to make the playoffs. Last year he was on a top ranked rushing offense and was an effective game manager had a few big games in there on the stat sheet but little more. Again started hot, but fizzled out late. But to be fair, he's been throwing to Santana Moss, Randell El as his top wideouts. Maybe in another year or 2 when last years rooks are ready to contribute...he'd have something, but meager numbers on a running team when your best receiving option is Cooley and James Thrash is your slot guy is to be expected. I think the book isn't written on him yet, but so far, he's kind of blah.

If you want a game manager with good starting exp for cheap, I think he could be a good choice. Lots of signs that he was putting it all together along the way, but then he struggled just as much. But I'd much rather see what we have on our own roster before going after Campbell.

Jason Campbell does not suck. He's not great by any means but looking at the standards of QB's around the league he's far from the worst.

If I recall correctly, he's had to deal with a new system every year in the NFL except for this one coming up. He led Clemson to an undefeated 3 ranking where many thought they should have had a shot at the BCS. Leadership was always there. His production has been slow going. 1st year starting #s were poor as he took over late in his 2nd year. In 2007 he started fading late then injured his knee. Todd Collins finished up and rallied 4 wins in a row to make the playoffs. Last year he was on a top ranked rushing offense and was an effective game manager had a few big games in there on the stat sheet but little more. Again started hot, but fizzled out late. But to be fair, he's been throwing to Santana Moss, Randell El as his top wideouts. Maybe in another year or 2 when last years rooks are ready to contribute...he'd have something, but meager numbers on a running team when your best receiving option is Cooley and James Thrash is your slot guy is to be expected. I think the book isn't written on him yet, but so far, he's kind of blah.

If you want a game manager with good starting exp for cheap, I think he could be a good choice. Lots of signs that he was putting it all together along the way, but then he struggled just as much. But I'd much rather see what we have on our own roster before going after Campbell.

Jason Campbell is mediocre. There is no way that he is an upgrade over Clemens and probably Ratliff (still to be determined). He is average at best and would be no more than a lateral move. Having seen him numerous times last year, I want no part of him.

have you ever even seen him play? I live in DC and end up watching a lot redskins games. he started great last year and then dropped off significantly when the OL got banged up. the redskins OL at the end of '08 was similar to the jets of 07 - horrible.

when campbell has time to throw the ball is a very solid QB. the reason he isn't 'loved' in washington is b/c zorn runs a true west coast offense. campbell has had something ridiculous like 7 OC's in 8 years, so the kid has never really had the chance to develop in 1 system.

Jason Campbell is mediocre. There is no way that he is an upgrade over Clemens and probably Ratliff (still to be determined). He is average at best and would be no more than a lateral move. Having seen him numerous times last year, I want no part of him.

Why?

Because unlike Clemens he has actually been average?

Archived