Jets to bring in Percy Harvin & Kenny Britt ~ PFT.com

:Typotux:

Jets, Giants Also Checking Out Harvin

Posted by Mike Florio on April 8, 2009, 12:48 p.m. EDT

On Tuesday, Andrew Marchand of ESPN 1050 in New York reported that the Jets and Giants will be hosting Rutgers receiver Kenny Britt.

Marchand is now reporting that the two New York teams also will be bringing in Florida wideout Percy Harvin for a visit.

Harvin is regarded as one of the top receiving prospects in the draft, and he is regarded as having high-end return skills.

Last week, NFLDraftBible.com reported that Harvin tested positive for marijuana at the Scouting Combine. Neither Harvin nor his agent have addressed the report.

We have already had in Jeremy Maclin and Hakeem Nicks.

Percy's best plays came out of the backfield at Florida. People try to compare him to Santana Moss, more like a Sinorice Moss replica. He's going to spend A LOT of his NFL career on the sidelines, both because of "suckiness" and injury.

Percy's best plays came out of the backfield at Florida. People try to compare him to Santana Moss, more like a Sinorice Moss replica. He's going to spend A LOT of his NFL career on the sidelines, both because of "suckiness" and injury.

Ummm, no.

I've seen the kid play a lot.

I was at the LSU game this past year when Harvin put the Tigers on notice with a 70-yard TD catch to start the game. He was lined up as a WR. The safety made a play on the ball. Harvin adjusted his speed midstep, reached back and snatched the ball out of the air with one hand a split second before the safety could catch it, turned his head upfield and in one step was back at full speed and he was gone.

He was an enormous part of Florida's success last year because he was quite possibly the single most explosive player in the country.

Having Harvin and Washington on the field at the same time, regardless of where they are lined up would give defensive coordinators nightmares.

One play at receiver against LSU and their amazing secondary?

Awesome.

;)

Louis Murphy is the best Florida WR in this draft.

Obviously I was using that one play as an example.

Murphy and Harvin had almost identical receiving numbers last year, but Harvin also 659 rushing yards and 10 rushing TDs. Oh, and Harvin had almost double Murphy's career receiving production at Florida despite being on the roster for one less year.

Harvin's versatility makes him 1000 times more valuable than Murphy.

No, then it would be Percy Harvin.

I want Maclin, myself, but Harvin would be my second choice (assuming Crabtree is gone). Harvin can make plays on the field by himself, which the Jets O will desperately need with the current group of QB's we have. He's almost 6', so he's not a shrimp, and his injury concerns should be lessened by him no longer playing tailback. He's a football player, Joe. I likes him.

Percy Harvin is just another Sinorice Moss. I don't care what he did in COLLEGE out of the BACKFIELD. That is where MOST of his big plays occured. He is over-rated by EVERYONE and will be no more than a #4 receiver, if he isn't out of the league, by 2013.

Percy Harvin is just another Sinorice Moss. I don't care what he did in COLLEGE out of the BACKFIELD. That is where MOST of his big plays occured. He is over-rated by EVERYONE and will be no more than a #4 receiver, if he isn't out of the league, by 2013.

Come on now. You have zero context to make that statement. He made big plays out of the backfield because he spent alot of time in the backfield. At least we know he's not soft.

If you want to knock him, knock him because he's supposed to be an A-hole, but then again, what good WR isn't an A-hole?

That is so wrong, I dont even know where to begin.

You just don't have a clue do you?

You must not have watched him play in college or read any of the results from his pro days. I am not a UF fan or a fan of Harvin, at all. But, this guy is the third best receiver in this draft and will have a DeSean Jackson type impact in the NFL. Elite speed, great hands and the ability get yards after the catch. This is our chance to add a Devin Hester type playmaker. DHB is too stiff, Nicks is a possession guy. Harvin is the perfect compliment to Cotchery (if Maclin is gone).

Come on now. You have zero context to make that statement. He made big plays out of the backfield because he spent alot of time in the backfield. At least we know he's not soft.

If you want to knock him, knock him because he's supposed to be an A-hole, but then again, what good WR isn't an A-hole?

Ive actually met him and have gone to a couple of UF party that he was at . . . He's a very down to earth guy funny as hell too . . . So i dont know where you heard he's an a hole . . . I would love it if he came to the Jets . . .

Ive actually met him and have gone to a couple of UF party that he was at . . . He's a very down to earth guy funny as hell too . . . So i dont know where you heard he's an a hole . . . I would love it if he came to the Jets . . .

I have met him before as well, and my man love was spouting from my pours. The kid is very humble and down to earth. He is extremely modest. I dont know where the A-Hole comments come from either.

http://www.draftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/wr/Percy-Harvin.php

[QUOTE]

"...has character and off-the-field issues; ...was suspended twice as a prep;...The Virginia High School League eventually barred him from participating in any High School sporting events;...Reportedly displays some diva-like behaviors and doesn't always get along with his coaches or teammates...

http://www.draftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/wr/Percy-Harvin.php

[QUOTE]

"...has character and off-the-field issues; ...was suspended twice as a prep;...The Virginia High School League eventually barred him from participating in any High School sporting events;...Reportedly displays some diva-like behaviors and doesn't always get along with his coaches or teammates...

That was in high school who didnt think they were a bad ass in high school . . . I thought i was the king of the team in high school . . . i heard alot of good things from his teammates at UF . . . and at the places i saw him he was a good person and took pictures with everybody and signed alot of autographs . . . Thats just my personal experience with him . . . I even talked to him about the draft and he said he just wants a chance to so his talent he has in the NFL.

I personally just laugh at the disrespect that Harvin gets. He is clearly the third best receiver this year, behind Crabtree, and Maclin, and he's probably the best playmaking receiver in this draft by far. Anyone who says they don't like him, and they wouldn't want him, obviously have never seen him play.

I personally just laugh at the disrespect that Harvin gets. He is clearly the third best receiver this year, behind Crabtree, and Maclin, and he's probably the best playmaking receiver in this draft by far. Anyone who says they don't like him, and they wouldn't want him, obviously have never seen him play.

I see at least 5 or 6 Florida games a year and Percy Harvin is not cut for the NFL. He will never make it in the NFL.

Right. :rolleyes:

Percy Harvin will injure himself / not perform well enough to last past 2012/3.

I think it's funny, because I think you said he has basically track speed, which would prove that you have not seen Florida games 5 to 6 times a year, because i have watched every single game Harvin has played for the Gators, and it's football speed, which is why he'll become a legit receiver in the NFL.

I think it's funny, because I think you said he has basically track speed, which would prove that you have not seen Florida games 5 to 6 times a year, because i have watched every single game Harvin has played for the Gators, and it's football speed, which is why he'll become a legit receiver in the NFL.

T0mShane said this isn't a track meet in reference to my belief Louis Murphy will be better than Harvin to which I said, no, Harvin would be the #1 if it were a track race. 40 Times at the Combine suggest otherwise, but anyone can train and improve a 40 time.

I've seen plenty of UF games, like I said, 5 to 6 a year, as they are shown on CBS and ABC primetime about 5 or 6 games a year. But of course Percy Harvin a lot of the time left midway through the game, had only a small number of plays or didn't play. :rl:

T0mShane said this isn't a track meet in reference to my belief Louis Murphy will be better than Harvin to which I said, no, Harvin would be the #1 if it were a track race. 40 Times at the Combine suggest otherwise, but anyone can train and improve a 40 time.

I've seen plenty of UF games, like I said, 5 to 6 a year, as they are shown on CBS and ABC primetime about 5 or 6 games a year. But of course Percy Harvin a lot of the time left midway through the game, had only a small number of plays or didn't play. :rl:

Really? Louis Murphy better than Percy Harvin, wow you really are full of **** when you say you have watched the Gators "5 to 6 times" a year. The guy has never even had a 100 yard receiving game in his Gators career. By the way, check the 40 time, Louis Murphy is actually faster than Harvin. Like I said, Harvin has football speed, like Wayne Chrebet had football speed.

He only has a small number of plays, because like Leon Washington he's a very dangerous player. Defensive players will do their best to watch a guy like him, and will try their very best to keep the ball out of his hands, like Leon Washington. Besides, if someone like Leon Washington could become a dangerous player in this league, there is no doubt someone like Harvin can and will as well.

Really? Louis Murphy better than Percy Harvin, wow you really are full of **** when you say you have watched the Gators "5 to 6 times" a year. The guy has never even had a 100 yard receiving game in his Gators career. By the way, check the 40 time, Louis Murphy is actually faster than Harvin. Like I said, Harvin has football speed, like Wayne Chrebet had football speed.

He only has a small number of plays, because like Leon Washington he's a very dangerous player. Defensive players will do their best to watch a guy like him, and will try their very best to keep the ball out of his hands, like Leon Washington. Besides, if someone like Leon Washington could become a dangerous player in this league, there is no doubt someone like Harvin can and will as well.

1st paragrah: Since when did college statistics = NFL success? What is a trouble point is Harvin can't stay on the field. Like I said, anyone can improve their 40 times.

2nd paragraph: Just what we need, another situational player who can't strap on the pads and cannot be a #1 receiver (we already have a #2 receiver).

1st paragrah: Since when did college statistics = NFL success? What is a trouble point is Harvin can't stay on the field. Like I said, anyone can improve their 40 times.

2nd paragraph: Just what we need, another situational player who can't strap on the pads and cannot be a #1 receiver (we already have a #2 receiver).

Before the NFL combine, people were saying Harvin was a guy who would probably have the fastest 40 time. He wasn't even close, he was not only behind Louis Murphy, but he was behind Maclin, and Heyward-Bey as well. The guy doesn't have track speed, and that was proven when he ran his 40, he doesn't run fast on a straight line, he runs fast going in all kinds of directions, which is really what people want from receivers.

If history is any indication he WILL suck in the NFL. Any highly acclaimed WR out of Florida has bombed in the NFL.

If history is any indication he WILL suck in the NFL. Any highly acclaimed WR out of Florida has bombed in the NFL.

ALL of the previous high rated WR that came out of Florida were recruited to play in a different system. They were all Spurrier/Zook guys.

Oh, and Darrell Jackson and Ike Hilliard were not busts by any stretch of the imagination, not to mention Cris Collinsworth.

Before the NFL combine, people were saying Harvin was a guy who would probably have the fastest 40 time. He wasn't even close, he was not only behind Louis Murphy, but he was behind Maclin, and Heyward-Bey as well. The guy doesn't have track speed, and that was proven when he ran his 40, he doesn't run fast on a straight line, he runs fast going in all kinds of directions, which is really what people want from receivers.

So his being slower is now an advantage?

After you typed this, did you ask yourself why one school would have so many WR flops? Florida gets the elite athletes, so that isn't it. They play in the SEC, so that isn't it. Has to be the coaching they receive and the systems they play in that make them look better than they are. Guess what, he played in a different system than those flops. He may flop, but it won't be because of anything in the previous Florida receivers history. If you compare Harvin to DHB or Nicks....it is a no contest.

Archived