ESPN Power Rankings

PS17

Yankees at # 6: Even without some of their main offensive guns and with Chien-Ming Wang (0-3, 34.50 ERA) and the bullpen (7.05 ERA) getting pounded, the Yankees are still playing above .500.

I am gonna go out on a limb and say the Yankees will get better in Wang can get his era into the mid to low 20 range. If that happens I see them as .625 team.

Yankees at # 6: Even without some of their main offensive guns and with Chien-Ming Wang (0-3, 34.50 ERA) and the bullpen (7.05 ERA) getting pounded, the Yankees are still playing above .500.

I am gonna go out on a limb and say the Yankees will get better in Wang can get his era into the mid to low 20 range. If that happens I see them as .625 team.

Imagine if he can get it in the upper teens ;)

Someone mentioned on the radio that Wang needs to pitch 47 consecutive scoreless innings to get his ERA back under 4.

I'd be happy if he actually pitches a game where his ERA goes down.

Someone mentioned on the radio that Wang needs to pitch 47 consecutive scoreless innings to get his ERA back under 4.

I'd be happy if he actually pitches a game where his ERA goes down.

i don't even know if it's humanly possible to get his era to go up from here.

I am no expert regarding Wang's pitching mechanics, but I do know 2 things: He is 3-5 MPH slower on the gun, and his control and location are completely out of wack. To me, the means he is still in pain from his foot injury from last June, and they should shut him down for 2 months.

It was interesting to hear Heirshheiser say similar things yesterday to M. Kay on ESPN 1050. In a lot more depth though.

Quirky stat i heard, Wang is only the second pitcher in the history of mlb to give up 7+ runs in each of his first 3 starts of a season.

I am no expert regarding Wang's pitching mechanics, but I do know 2 things: He is 3-5 MPH slower on the gun, and his control and location are completely out of wack. To me, the means he is still in pain from his foot injury from last June, and they should shut him down for 2 months.

It was interesting to hear Heirshheiser say similar things yesterday to M. Kay on ESPN 1050. In a lot more depth though.

I highly doubt he's "in pain", saying he needs to be shutdown is a little extreme, if he was injured he wouldn't be pitching, but the injury could be playing factor, he may not be pushing off like he's suppose to, but it's clear his mechanics are out of whack, his arm is dragging in his release.

Quirky stat i heard, Wang is only the second pitcher in the history of mlb to give up 7+ runs in each of his first 3 starts of a season.

If they would have let him pitch against Boston this weekend, he would have been the 1st to do it in 4 straight!!1:confused:

Yankees 6th???

Red Sox 8th???

Mets 11th???

Are you f#cking nuts????? None of these teams deserve to be above 15th.

Especially the Mets ahead of the Padres who beat the Mets 2 of 3...

All 3 teams have major issues to be worried about... luckily the Sox played Baltimore to right the ship a little.

Archived