MERGED: David Ortiz

Thor99

I want to devote this thread to the God-given greatness of David "Big Papi" Ortiz. The only problem is...there is nothing else left to say about the babe Ruth of this Century.

David Ortiz simply does this every single time he is at the plate in a big spot. In fact, the bigger the spot, the more likely it is that Papi will come through.

You people, Yankee fans and Yankee Hater Nation alike, will NEVER see a hitter as great as David Ortiz in your lifetimes!

Plus, no carry-over from yesterday's unfortunate loss* to the Yankees. This is what good teams do, folks. Oh, and congrats to Jonathan Papelbon on getting his first major league win.

when Maxman starts to abuse his powers...you know he is really gripping.

The Yankee Elimination Party is gonna get real ugly.

I was going to delete your post to show you what an abuse of power really looked like. :cry:

Or a real abuse would be me posting your last PM exchange with TomShane. "You had me at hello"? Who types that these days. Geez.

sure why not delete my posts, Max? You've abused your powers before and altered them, switching the names of Mariano Rivera and Ramiro Mendoza on the old board!

That, makes you an evil administrator, on top of everything else.

But, through all of this, I remain quite reasonable and clear-headed. I still create posts for others to enjoy regardless of Maxman's bad intentions.

sure why not delete my posts, Max? You've abused your powers before and altered them, switching the names of Mariano Rivera and Ramiro Mendoza on the old board!

Hey at least you can laugh at yourself. That was one of the worst posts ever. Not just of yours. I am talking message board history.

:P

when Maxman starts to abuse his powers...you know he is really gripping.

The Yankee Elimination Party is gonna get real ugly.

Board Nazi just like Bob. :wink:

As for Big Papi,

1119453364_2786.jpg

1119453321_6840.jpg

1126085342_3351.jpg

Not bad for the 9th highest player on the Sox payroll. #-o

Theo...sign himn longterm know. [-o<

That, makes you an evil administrator, on top of everything else.

But, through all of this, I remain quite reasonable and clear-headed. I still create posts for others to enjoy regardless of Maxman's bad intentions.

Remain admirable and clear-headed? I don't think you've ever been either of those things.

Has a DH ever won MVP? David Ortiz sure does make a good case for himself.

He might be, but A-Rod will because he's not a worthless piece of dogsh!t in the field. Not to mention his own stats aren't too bad and he actually has quite a few big hits, contrary to popular belief.

He might be, but A-Rod will because he's not a worthless piece of dogsh!t in the field. Not to mention his own stats aren't too bad and he actually has quite a few big hits, contrary to popular belief.

He does? :shock:

A-Rod is hitting .319 with 41 HR and 110 RBIs.

Big Papi is hitting .295 with 40 HRs and 126 RBIs.

The fielding part is a good point, but let's talk about clutchness.

Runners in scoring position

Ortiz 142 ABs - .345 7 HRs 80 RBIs

A-Rod 161 ABs - .273 6 HRs 63 RBIs

Runners in Scoring Position w/2 outs

Ortiz - 54 ABs - .370 5 HRs 33 RBIs

A-Rod - 71 ABs - .282 4 HRs 31 RBIs

Men on 2 out

Ortiz - 88 ABs - .318 7 HRs 39 RBIs

A-Rod - 113 ABs - .283 10 HRs 44 RBIs

Men on 3rd less then 2 out

Ortiz - 29 ABs - .345 29 RBIs

A-Rod - 24 ABs - .292 17 RBIs

Close and Late

Ortiz - 69 ABs - .319 8 HRs 26 RBIs

A-Rod - 67 ABs - .313 4 HRs 12 RBIs

Bases Loaded

Ortiz - 15 ABs - .400 2 HRs 20 RBIs

A-Rod - 12 ABs - .417 1 HR 16 RBIs

Big Papi hits above his season average, by alot, in all relevant categories. Go look at the splits. In only one category does A-Rod hit his season average and in most he is dwarfed by Big Papi.

In a pennant race that is going to come down to our players respective teams, Ortiz' numbers might give him the award.

That is a retarded post.

Maybe its just me, but you're assumpiton that Ortiz has been clutcher than Arod by miles this year is wrong.

Purely based on average, you're correct. Otherwise it's close.

Why wouldn't average matter? :shock:

My amazement is Ortiz is hitting so much better then his average when it matters the most.

A-Rod has had a phenominal year, but with Ortiz seemingly getting a clutch hit every other game and on ESPN almost nightly it seems. A-Rod might be falling behind during the stretch run.

was unable to hit a 7 run homer when the Sawx needed him the most

bwa-ahahahhahaahahahahahahahahahahaahaha

ahahhahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahah

o, no, wait, really

wah-hahahahahahahahahahahaahahahaaahahahahaha

hahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahaah

Archived