Posada to the DL with a hamstring strain

Morrissey

This is getting frustrating. Just when we're about to get A-Rod back... this happens

LoHud

Posada to disabled list

MAY 5

Sweeny Murti of WFAN is reporting that Jorge Posada will be placed on the disabled list with a hamstring strain.

No word yet on who will be replacing him. Obviously this is a big blow to the Yankees. After never being on the disabled list in his career, this will be the third stint for Posada in about a year. Frankly, this is what happens when you have a 37-year-old catcher.

The question now becomes whether this keeps him out a few weeks or a few months. We should know more later.

Our lineup without Posada is pretty average. Molina and whoever they call up will be automatic outs.

We should have A-Rod back by the weekend:

1. Jeter SS

2. Damon LF

3. Teixeira 1B

4. Rodriguez 3B

5. Matsui DH

6. Swisher RF

7. Cano 2B

8. Molina C

9. Cabrera CF

This is getting ridiculous now. So, basically we've lost our starting right fielder for the season, an MVP type 3rd baseman for 2 months, an ace starting pitcher, our 8th inning setup guy, and an All-Star caliber catcher to injuries. Six weeks in.

Not that I wish injury on other players/teams, but where the hell is everyone else's sh*tty luck?

This is getting ridiculous now. So, basically we've lost our starting right fielder for the season, an MVP type 3rd baseman for 2 months, an ace starting pitcher, our 8th inning setup guy, and an All-Star caliber catcher to injuries. Six weeks in.

Not that I wish injury on other players/teams, but where the hell is everyone else's sh*tty luck?

We have an older team, this is not unusual. Molina gives us better D, our O is ok and ARod will help when he's back. We need our SPs to start pitching like they are capable of and we'll be fine.

Hank, is that you ;)

We have an older team, this is not unusual. Molina gives us better D, our O is ok and ARod will help when he's back. We need our SPs to start pitching like they are capable of and we'll be fine.

You could maybe attribute Posada's injury to age.

But you can not make that case for the injuries sustained by Chien-Ming Wang, Xavier Nady, Alex Rodriquez, or Brian Bruney. You could even include Teixeira's wrist thing in there too.

Those are simply bad luck injuries.

But you can not make that case for the injuries sustained by Chien-Ming Wang, Xavier Nady, Alex Rodriquez, or Brian Bruney. You could even include Teixeira's wrist thing in there too.

I am here to say that Wang's injury was a good thing, the way things were going. If there even was an injury.

All teams have them.

ARod will be 34

Nady is going to be 31 this year

Posada will be 38

I'm not really convinced that Wang's "injury" is all that legit, I think it was just a convenient way to get him out of the rotation until he's figured things out.

ARod will be 34

Nady is going to be 31 this year

Posada will be 38

I gave you Posada.

And douchebaggy steroids user or not, find me a more physically fit ballplayer than ARod. In his psychotic attempts to become accepted, he's motivated enough to work out harder than anyone.

As for Nady, 31 is not old. In no way would you expect a 31 year old outfielder to be "breaking down".

ARod has been out a month no? Wang is out more due to performance than injury.

RF you guys stated you preferred Swisher over Nady anyway. Posada's injury comes with the territory of advanced age as Mets are seeing with Delgado. Jorge's contract was curious for this very reason. Bruney/Marte are tough losses and hopefully all the young bullpen arms will step up.

Angels have been hit extremely hard with injuries and I am sure other teams as well.

It just seems 10x worse when the bad luck happens to your team.

I am here to say that Wang's injury was a good thing, the way things were going. If there even was an injury.

All teams have them.

Cmon Wang's injury was well documented. Bruised vagina. Unless you have ever had that injury I don't think you should knock him. It stings like a bitch. Believe me I know.

I gave you Posada.

And douchebaggy steroids user or not, find me a more physically fit ballplayer than ARod. In his psychotic attempts to become accepted, he's motivated enough to work out harder than anyone.

As for Nady, 31 is not old. In no way would you expect a 31 year old outfielder to be "breaking down".

Just b/c one is physically fit doesn't mean they can avoid injury especially when that player was injecting poison into his body.

No one said these guys are breaking down for good but you get into your 30s and the risk for injury becomes greater. Your body cannot bounce back the way it could when you were younger.

Just b/c one is physically fit doesn't mean they can avoid injury especially when that player was injecting poison into his body.

No one said these guys are breaking down for good but you get into your 30s and the risk for injury becomes greater. Your body cannot bounce back the way it could when you were younger.

The risk of injury for players who have "juiced" has proven to be greater also.

Not saying the current injury is a definite result of enhancers, but the notion can't be dismissed either.

Archived