Yankees vs Orioles @ Camden Yards

Vicious89x

Yeah every target seemed 6 inches off the ground....especially on the off speed stuff in the 9th. That was vintage CC.

That was what I liked to see. Hopefully that puts some confidence in this team. Hughes needs to ATTACK the batters.

Hughes=Bust

He's still young, so there's still time for him to turn things around, but Hughes is looking more and more like the product of the Yankee hype machine. He's supposed to be armed with mid 90's heat and a great curve. I just haven't seen it. His stuff seems very ordinary.

Hughes=Bust

Too early to say that though you may be right. This is the same crap we saw from him last year. The first start this year was like one of his starts down the stretch last year where he teases you into thinking he's on his way but these last two have been a pitcher not ready for this level.

Add to that all the relievers that have been sent down or rocked and Cashman and his great pitching farm system is becoming nothing more than the usual Yankee hype.

I wasn't home but walked by a tv and saw 11 to 1 I think. Didn't bother exploring it any further than that.

It ended up 12-5. Hughes was awful. The defense was rancid. At least Teixiera hit a home run in garbage time. Shows he's got a little ARod in him.:rolleyes:

He's still young, so there's still time for him to turn things around, but Hughes is looking more and more like the product of the Yankee hype machine. He's supposed to be armed with mid 90's heat and a great curve. I just haven't seen it. His stuff seems very ordinary.

His stuff is ordinary. Wait until A.L. hitters have seen him once. Hughes is gonna get smoked. Plus, did anyone see him ambling, ever so calmly, to cover behind the plate on Swisher's airmailed throw? It looked like he'd never done it before, and was lost when he had to actually make a play. What, he's too young to know how to cover a play, too. Forget it, mate. This guy's a mush, just like Kennedy and Igawa. Cashman should be put in stocks in front of Yankee Stadium for a month of taunting and beatings.

Nice to get 2 out 3 this weekend. The Yankees just have to keep on winning series. Now they go to Toronto for 3 and then back home for a 10 games.

Johnny Damon is making the most of his contact year so far. He's been the most clutch hitter on this team. Let's hope that Joba can figure out the first inning. Not sure what his problem has been the past few games. But if can get through the first without giving up a bunch of runs and throwing 30 pitches he has the chance to be the second best starter on this staff.

Archived