Got pulled over for the first time

Tictac

And got my first ticket.

I do believe I am going to go to court for this one, asking for supervision or whatnot.

I have a clean record, and have driven this road to work the past 2 years. I was behind this butt-hole going ten under the speed limit, so I passed him, going the speed limit on the right, which I thought was a lane.

I guess it was a parking lane, although there are no signs indicating so, and there were no parked cars. Still got a ticket.

The officer was nice enough, maybe he won't show up in court. Still made me late for work though, i swear he was sitting in his car doing nothing for ten minutes. Ugh

The worst part of it all is that dueche that was going 20 MPH probably thought I deserved to be pulled over for passing him.

:cussing::cussing:

And got my first ticket.

I do believe I am going to go to court for this one, asking for supervision or whatnot.

I have a clean record, and have driven this road to work the past 2 years. I was behind this butt-hole going ten under the speed limit, so I passed him, going the speed limit on the right, which I thought was a lane.

I guess it was a parking lane, although there are no signs indicating so, and there were no parked cars. Still got a ticket.

The officer was nice enough, maybe he won't show up in court. Still made me late for work though, i swear he was sitting in his car doing nothing for ten minutes. Ugh

The worst part of it all is that dueche that was going 20 MPH probably thought I deserved to be pulled over for passing him.

Lane or not, you can't pass on the right. I think that is pretty much the law in every State.

Fight it anyway. You've got nothing to lose.

The officer will almost always show up for a court date. Often, you can talk to the officer prior to going before the judge about pleading to a non-moving violation like talking on your cell phone or driving without your seat belt. That way, no points. Sorry you had to go through this, TT.

in california you can pass on the right or left as long it is safe, or your not breaking a solid line

That makes sense for the most congested freeways in the World. ;) Passing on the right is a big no-no for most of the Country.

in california you can pass on the right or left as long it is safe, or your not breaking a solid line

I miss making a left onto a one-way left after a stop. Since breakfast today, all I have been talking/thinking about is the Bay Area. I need to get back.

I miss making a left onto a one-way left after a stop. Since breakfast today, all I have been talking/thinking about is the Bay Area. I need to get back.

Why can't you do that? It's legal in Mass but most people don't know about it. I do it every chance i get.

Thor & Prag: My 4 cylinder Subaru can't handle the left lane so I spend my time in the middle lanes. Douchebags ;)

Damn, that's almost as bad as a 6 cylinder Mustang.

A Subaru is what it is. A dependable car with AWD that is great in the snow and gets good gas mileage.

A V6 Mustang means you live in Michigan and can't afford the V8 (No offense GOB!).

Why can't you do that? It's legal in Mass but most people don't know about it. I do it every chance i get.

Thor & Prag: My 4 cylinder Subaru can't handle the left lane so I spend my time in the middle lanes. Douchebags ;)

Do that in NY and you'll get a ticket.

Lol...

funny story, i was headed home on hwy 1 north and this chick in a subaru going probably 100mph cuts right infront of me, me bieng my immature self floored, my volvo S80 T6 in rage, so here i am chasing her, she was either really skillful or lucky but she kept taking that subaru through medium traffic, zig zagging all over the place, we must have been going 120 and i look behind me and there is a huge sherriff's truck behind me. so i pull over, but she got away go figure. now i know i'm getting a ticket so while the trooper, who was a female officer BTW, was getting out of the car i grabbed my licence, registration, and proof of insurance. she comes over and i just handed everything to her. she takes the stuff, pulls her shades downs and says "Did you know how you were driving?" i replied "yes, mam!, i apologise," so she asks me "why were you in such a hurry," and the first thing that came to my mind was "food" and luckily i was just coming from chipotle and had my steak bowl right on the passenger seat, so i point to it and say "My food was getting cold" Lol... she goes back to her truck, comes back and says "I'm giving you a warning, but drive safely from now on" i smiled and said "yes mam!" and drove off. :-P

Lol...

funny story, i was headed home on hwy 1 north and this chick in a subaru going probably 100mph cuts right infront of me, me bieng my immature self floored, my volvo S80 T6 in rage, so here i am chasing her, she was either really skillful or lucky but she kept taking that subaru through medium traffic, zig zagging all over the place, we must have been going 120 and i look behind me and there is a huge sherriff's truck behind me. so i pull over, but she got away go figure. now i know i'm getting a ticket so while the trooper, who was a female officer BTW, was getting out of the car i grabbed my licence, registration, and proof of insurance. she comes over and i just handed everything to her. she takes the stuff, pulls her shades downs and says "Did you know how you were driving?" i replied "yes, mam!, i apologise," so she asks me "why were you in such a hurry," and the first thing that came to my mind was "food" and luckily i was just coming from chipotle and had my steak bowl right on the passenger seat, so i point to it and say "My food was getting cold" Lol... she goes back to her truck, comes back and says "I'm giving you a warning, but drive safely from now on" i smiled and said "yes mam!" and drove off. :-P

Excellent stuff. This may date me, as I'll be turning 37 in October, but its close to your story.

Back in '89 my friend and I are cruising down I-95 in his Mums Chrysler LeBaron Turbo. We think we are pretty cool (looking back we were the opposite of cool) and this dude pulls up next to us in a Porsche.

Next thing you know we are both going 100+. The State trooper, who we never saw, came out of nowhere and pulled us both over.

The trooper comes to our car 1st and starts screaming at us. Then he goes to the Porsche. The guy driving was pushing 50 years of age so the Trooper came back and told us to leave. We left slowly and watched the Trooper rip that prick to pieces!

Excellent stuff. This may date me, as I'll be turning 37 in October, but its close to your story.

Back in '89 my friend and I are cruising down I-95 in his Mums Chrysler LeBaron Turbo. We think we are pretty cool (looking back we were the opposite of cool) and this dude pulls up next to us in a Porsche.

Next thing you know we are both going 100+. The State trooper, who we never saw, came out of nowhere and pulled us both over.

The trooper comes to our car 1st and starts screaming at us. Then he goes to the Porsche. The guy driving was pushing 50 years of age so the Trooper came back and told us to leave. We left slowly and watched the Trooper rip that prick to pieces!

Lol... he deserved it. damn porsche drivers! who do they think they are? :-P

Can you get supervision in Wisconsin? So i don't get a ticket for 3 months and my record clears?

Yeesh, sorry to hear you got caught. Generally, when you show up in court (in wisconsin at least...err Milwaukee) the cop actually will not be there. Waukesha may be different, though I doubt it.

By just showing up the judge generally offers no points but you still pay the fine. If you don't show, you lose the points and the dollars.

That's just from my two moving violations...

And got my first ticket.

should have let twins out:p

should have let twins out:p

:winking0001: Woke up too late to be looking nice, i dropped my bagel on the ground getting into my car so i was in a bad mood too. He had a pretty hefty wedding ring on too, and dolce and gabanna glasses. He has fine taste.

Yeesh, sorry to hear you got caught. Generally, when you show up in court (in wisconsin at least...err Milwaukee) the cop actually will not be there. Waukesha may be different, though I doubt it.

By just showing up the judge generally offers no points but you still pay the fine. If you don't show, you lose the points and the dollars.

That's just from my two moving violations...

Did you just give your girlfriend advice over JN? :confused:

:winking0001: Woke up too late to be looking nice, i dropped my bagel on the ground getting into my car so i was in a bad mood too. He had a pretty hefty wedding ring on too, and dolce and gabanna glasses. He has fine taste.

What color was the right outside line? Typically they are solid white and you cannot pass outside of them. It will say so in the states drivers manual.

Some places let you deal with the Prosecutor to keep things off your driving record. Others require you to pay a Lawyer.

What color was the right outside line? Typically they are solid white and you cannot pass outside of them. It will say so in the states drivers manual.

Some places let you deal with the Prosecutor to keep things off your driving record. Others require you to pay a Lawyer.

There was only a line down the center of the road, that was not solid. There are no lines anywhere else but very clearly room for two lanes, and no signs saying one is a parking lane. I am going to take a pic or two when there are no cars parked there with me to court, cant hurt to say hey! then you need a sign if you want to give me a ticket!

Thanks for all the advice guys :love0038:

married? he really would have loved to see your gifts from God.

Plus I thought all women kept their license and registration in their bras...

Love Monterrey, Bid Sur, Santa Cruz, Half Moon Bay, etc. If I had the money, Carmel or Mendocino would be my home.

Monterrey is great. Awesome area.

There was only a line down the center of the road, that was not solid. There are no lines anywhere else but very clearly room for two lanes, and no signs saying one is a parking lane. I am going to take a pic or two when there are no cars parked there with me to court, cant hurt to say hey! then you need a sign if you want to give me a ticket!

http://lifehacker.com/software/cars/how-to-beat-a-speeding-ticket-or-at-least-better-your-chances-208611.php

Start at number 8.

For number 12, it is even more effective if you get it continued to one of their days off.

Why didnt you pass on the left? Thats what the judge will likely ask you.

If you say traffic, hell ask, "why didnt you wait for it to clear?"

Wisconsin right? You might get out of this.

http://www.legis.state.wi.us/Statutes/Stat0346.pdf

346.08 When overtaking and passing on the right permitted.

The operator of a vehicle may overtake and pass another

vehicle upon the right only under conditions permitting such

movement in safety and only if the operator can do so without

driving off the pavement or main−traveled portion of the roadway,

and then only under the following conditions:

(1) When the vehicle overtaken is making or about to make a

left turn; or

(2) Upon a street or highway with unobstructed pavement of

sufficient width to enable 2 or more lines of vehicles lawfully to

proceed, at the same time, in the direction in which the passing

vehicle is proceeding; or

(3) Upon a one−way street or divided highway with unobstructed

pavement of sufficient width to enable 2 or more lines of

vehicles lawfully to proceed in the same direction at the same

time.

History: 1991 a. 316.

A driver may not pass on the right using any part of the shoulder. Kaufman v.

Postle, 2001 WI App 86, 243 Wis. 2d 45, 626 N.W.2d 10, 00−1326.

Archived