The Mets Suck!

JustInFudge

I wish the Mess had canned Willie sooner so we could have had him running the Yanks instead of Clueless Joe.

:rl: He seems to have your Skankees in a good position right now. You never should have canned Torre.

Thai Jet, as I said before, why is it that every team BUT the Mets seems to "find" guys in their minor league system that step up to the challenge? We can't continue to lean on the injury crutch. Every team has the injury bug (although possibly not to the extent that we have), but the Mets are the only one that seems to crumble when it does.

I'll be at Citi Field to see this abortion of a team tomorrow night, first time in the new stadium. I'll be there for the novelty, and then what do you know, a game is scheduled to break out!

Hopefully Ollie Perez brings the best stuff that he has coming off the DL. We've seen what happens when he doesn't. It'll either be a gem performance keeping us riveted in our seats, or an early train ride home.

Thai Jet, as I said before, why is it that every team BUT the Mets seems to "find" guys in their minor league system that step up to the challenge? We can't continue to lean on the injury crutch. Every team has the injury bug (although possibly not to the extent that we have), but the Mets are the only one that seems to crumble when it does.

I'll be at Citi Field to see this abortion of a team tomorrow night, first time in the new stadium. I'll be there for the novelty, and then what do you know, a game is scheduled to break out!

Hopefully Ollie Perez brings the best stuff that he has coming off the DL. We've seen what happens when he doesn't. It'll either be a gem performance keeping us riveted in our seats, or an early train ride home.

thats why Omar needs to be fired. The team wasnt ready to handle injuries. The minors are barren. And the regular players we did have in the majors have stunk like Staten Island in the summer. He had the opportunity to stock pile players at every position just in case... instead we have backups nobody else wants. Omar had a terrible plan for this season... and deserves to be fired.

thats why Omar needs to be fired. The team wasnt ready to handle injuries. The minors are barren. And the regular players we did have in the majors have stunk like Staten Island in the summer. He had the opportunity to stock pile players at every position just in case... instead we have backups nobody else wants. Omar had a terrible plan for this season... and deserves to be fired.

The Mets not only suck, but that line-up is non competitive right now. There really isn't any talent to speak of on the top level of their farm system. It's sad, but when you lose the guys they have, there is no manager in the world or GM in the world that can fix this. Reyes, Beltran, Delgado; you are talking about 3 all stars right there. Which team can sustain that. It would be dumb and impulsive to pull off a trade to try to put a band aid on a sawed-off limb IMO.

The Mets best talent is in low level minors-no help to them for the forseable future. Minmaya has to take the heat for thinking this lineup was good enough to begin with - after two straight late failures he had to address the lineup and the bullpen.

The yanks have had to deal with injuries to some key players this year. Look who has missed time. I'm sure there are plenty of other teams that have has injuries this year too. Didn't mauer miss some time? You can't use that as an excuse. You need people to step up and deliver. When people go down you can't be throwing away games with missed pop-ups and the link.

The Mets best talent is in low level minors-no help to them for the forseable future. Minmaya has to take the heat for thinking this lineup was good enough to begin with - after two straight late failures he had to address the lineup and the bullpen.

Omar seems content to just wait it out and do nothing at this point. :shutit:

I hope I'm wrong here but I think you'll be home in time to catch the 2nd half of Clear and Present Danger on AMC. Ollie's last rehab assignment here in Buffalo sucked. 5 innings 4 runs with 4 walks and 4 K's. I'm not looking for ANYTHING from him tonite. At least you'll have the new stadium experience. Enjoy that.

He HAD a plan ? :P He HAS to be fored LBS , couldn't agree more.

The yanks have had to deal with injuries to some key players this year. Look who has missed time. I'm sure there are plenty of other teams that have has injuries this year too. Didn't mauer miss some time? You can't use that as an excuse. You need people to step up and deliver. When people go down you can't be throwing away games with missed pop-ups and the link.

Thats what my biggest problem is. The Mets play terrible fundamental baseball. Its bad enough they lost a ton of stars, but the other players suck and cant do the basics of baseball. If they at least looked like they were trying I would be less pissed, but its nightly stupidity by this team... and its been going on all season long. This team would have been very lucky to win 90 games with all their stars playing.. now they'll be lucky to finish .500

Omar seems content to just wait it out and do nothing at this point. :shutit:

i hope he does. This season is a lost cause. No need to do further damage to our already sh!tty organizational depth.

Its time for the Mets to realize they need to rebuild and retool. Build around Santana, Reyes, Wright, Beltran, Frankie R.

Thats what my biggest problem is. The Mets play terrible fundamental baseball. Its bad enough they lost a ton of stars, but the other players suck and cant do the basics of baseball. If they at least looked like they were trying I would be less pissed, but its nightly stupidity by this team... and its been going on all season long. This team would have been very lucky to win 90 games with all their stars playing.. now they'll be lucky to finish .500

The mets have a very good core of players. If that beltran career ending injury report isn;t true. They need a better gm and manager if they want to compete for the series.

OMG how true. I blame Manuel for that.

I dont know what the plan was... but I think he had one... I know I didnt like what he did in the offseason way before this season started.

Me and a bunch of my Mets friends didn't like what he did in the off season either. Or rather what Omar DIDN'T do. :biggrin:

I hope I'm wrong here but I think you'll be home in time to catch the 2nd half of Clear and Present Danger on AMC. Ollie's last rehab assignment here in Buffalo sucked. 5 innings 4 runs with 4 walks and 4 K's. I'm not looking for ANYTHING from him tonite. At least you'll have the new stadium experience. Enjoy that.

Well, I guess we were both wrong. Perez didn't do great, but he didn't do poorly, either. Yes, he did allow 11 baserunners while laboring though 5 innings, but he only allowed 2 runs and got the W. Couldn't ask much more coming off the DL to face the best team in baseball.

Had a great time at Citi Field, and a victory to boot. Who would have thought?

Its because we trade away our young talent for old vets that are on the downside of their career and are injury prone.

They suck. The franchise is doodoo.

Well, I guess we were both wrong. Perez didn't do great, but he didn't do poorly, either. Yes, he did allow 11 baserunners while laboring though 5 innings, but he only allowed 2 runs and got the W. Couldn't ask much more coming off the DL to face the best team in baseball.

Had a great time at Citi Field, and a victory to boot. Who would have thought?

It must have been a great game to watch. Especially in the 9th. KRod reminded me of Franco, no save was ever easy with John. But we DID win. Ollie's 7 walks worried me but he could have given up a lot more vthan 2. Let's hope it's just the beginning for him. :cheers:

Archived