Oh Sh*t Alert: Padres & BoSox Possible Deal

Vudu

Espn reports the San Diego Padres & Boston Redsox are currently in talks about a possible deal that would send Adrian Gonzalez to Boston.

Just saw it on ESPN, dont have an ESPN link but this one should suffice.

http://www.faniq.com/blog/Red-Sox-Considering-Trading-For-Padres-Slugger-Adrian-Gonzalez-Blog-27112

This isnt good. I dont like this one bit.

Unless he plays RF or they know something about Lowell that I don't, it doesn't make much sense.

You thought picking up an extra bat didn't make sense. :confused::confused:

Gonzo is one of the top 5 hitters in the game today. I'm sure Theo can find room for him.

Are they moving LaRoche too? Trading for him then for Gonzalez would be completely pointless.

Dude, Adrian Gonzales would put them on even footing with the Yankees offensively. This cannot happen.

Gonzalez is a good power hitter, and the Sox could use some extra thump, for sure.

The guy also has seen his average drop every single year in the majors. I would be ok with it, but I'd have to see the price tag first.

I have no idea where they'd put Lowell or Papi or LaRoche. The 25 man roster is full enough.

Gonzalez is a good power hitter, and the Sox could use some extra thump, for sure.

The guy also has seen his average drop every single year in the majors. I would be ok with it, but I'd have to see the price tag first.

I have no idea where they'd put Lowell or Papi or LaRoche. The 25 man roster is full enough.

Gonzales>Papi.

Maybe they're willing to move one of the core players in order to get him. Its pure speculation on ESPN's part @ this juncture, but where there's smoke there's fire!

I'd rather it be a deal for Victor Martinez because he can at least catch for the most part.

I just don't see the point in dealing for LaRoche and then for Gonzalez. They play the same position where you already have one of the best in the game.

I agree. I'd be much more worried if the Red Sox picked up Victor Martinez. He's a much better fit for the Sox than Gonzalez

Dude, Adrian Gonzales would put them on even footing with the Yankees offensively. This cannot happen.

No it wouldn't....not even close

Tek is done

Ortiz is a fraction of former roid self

Bay is in a pretty bad slump

Puke is having a tough time matching last year

Lil' Dusty ain't acting like defending MVP

Lowrie.......????????

Ells.....sort of like Gardener...avg at best

Lowell.....outside Fens sucks

Not worried about them unless it was for Peavy

Tek is done

Gorilla is a fraction of former roid self

Lowrie.......????????

Tek is better this year than last year. Fine by me. The position needs to be addressed in the future though.

Papi i sstruggling coming back from knee and wrist injuries. Had a decent June but needs to pick it up.

Bay is slumping, but so is the entire team. He carried the team last half.

Youks is fine.

Pedroia played out of his mind last season. To expect a duplicate is crazy. he is playing very well this season.

We'll see with Lowrie but he's better than Lugo.

Ellsbury is so far above and beyong Gardner it's not funny. Probably top 3 base stealers in all of baseball and one of the best defensive centerfielders (girly arm not withstanding)

Lowell is battling hip problems but still has been fine.

JonEJet.. still spewing the same old garbage.

Tek is done

Gorilla is a fraction of former roid self

Lowrie.......????????

Depending on what they give up for Gonzalez, the move WOULD put the Red Sox over the top.

The Yanks are barely ahead of the Sox right now, and that's without one of the best power hitters in baseball. He could hit 50 home runs if he gets out of Petco.

Tek is done

Ortiz is a fraction of former roid self

Lowrie.......????????

Hey Jon --

I edited your post. Going forward just call Ortiz by his real name. No need for anything here that people have said is racist.

Tek is better this year than last year. Fine by me. The position needs to be addressed in the future though.

Papi i sstruggling coming back from knee and wrist injuries. Had a decent June but needs to pick it up.

Bay is slumping, but so is the entire team. He carried the team last half.

Youks is fine.

Pedroia played out of his mind last season. To expect a duplicate is crazy. he is playing very well this season.

We'll see with Lowrie but he's better than Lugo.

Ellsbury is so far above and beyong Gardner it's not funny. Probably top 3 base stealers in all of baseball and one of the best defensive centerfielders (girly arm not withstanding)

Lowell is battling hip problems but still has been fine.

JonEJet.. still spewing the same old garbage.

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Gardner:

.275/.354/.400

UZR/150: 18.8

SucksBury:

.291/.338/.394

UZR/150: -11.9

Wrong again!

Gardner:

.275/.354/.400

SucksBury:

.291/.338/.394

Wrong again!

I don't see how I'm wrong. You post a few stats. Fine. You didn't post steals, stolen base percentage, hits, doubles, triples, HRs, RBIs, runs, etc because Ellsbury leads in all of those. Ellsbury does have more plate appearances, but Gardner would get more if he was a better player, right?

Ellsbury also has game changing speed. Just ask Andy Pettitte.

UZR? Really? That's your basis for your argument? A fan-made statistic? I don't fully get UZR yet (this is the first I've read about it) but it's obviously flawed if guys like Ellsbury, Victorino and Hunter among the worst.

Gardner:

.275/.354/.400

SucksBury:

.291/.338/.394

Wrong again!

I see you've gone to the JonEJet school of cute nicknames.

Stupid **** like that makes people discount the rest of your arguments.

The Sox are done. Stick a fork in 'em.

There's no one they're gonna get that's gonna close the gap short of ressurecting Babe Ruth in his prime and having him pitch AND play right field.

The Yankees are simply the better team this year. If it weren't for the Yankees brain farts in their previous meetings the Sox wouldn't even be in the race.

Those eight games are the only reason the BloSux are even in the rear view mirror right now.

Starting Aug. 6, the script flips and after the Yanks sweep the Sux at the stadium the buffoons from Boston will be desperately battling Tampa for the Wild Card.

It's over. Some of you just can't see it yet.

The Sox are done. Stick a fork in 'em.

There's no one they're gonna get that's gonna close the gap short of ressurecting Babe Ruth in his prime and having him pitch AND play right field.

The Yankees are simply the better team this year. If it weren't for the Yankees brain farts in their previous meetings the Sox wouldn't even be in the race.

Those eight games are the only reason the BloSux are even in the rear view mirror right now.

Starting Aug. 6, the script flips and after the Yanks sweep the Sux at the stadium the buffoons from Boston will be desperately battling Tampa for the Wild Card.

It's over. Some of you just can't see it yet.

So the Sox had nothign to do with those 8 games?

I don't buy that the Yankees have the better team. The Yanks are better offensively, without a doubt. The rotations are about even, though for my money I'd take Beckett-Lester over CC-Burnett in the playoffs without a doubt. The bullpens lean in favor of the Sox, even thought Hughes has solidified the Yanks pen a bit.

I'd say the teams are about even and if the Sox get a hitter to stick in the middle of the order or the team they have starts hitting consistently, it's going to be down to the wire again.

The division would be nice, but winning the World Series as the Wild Card is very possible.

So the Sox had nothign to do with those 8 games?

I don't buy that the Yankees have the better team. The Yanks are better offensively, without a doubt. The rotations are about even, though for my money I'd take Beckett-Lester over CC-Burnett in the playoffs without a doubt. The bullpens lean in favor of the Sox, even thought Hughes has solidified the Yanks pen a bit.

I'd say the teams are about even and if the Sox get a hitter to stick in the middle of the order or the team they have starts hitting consistently, it's going to be down to the wire again.

The division would be nice, but winning the World Series as the Wild Card is very possible.

Rivera >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Papelbum.

Rivera >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Papelbum.

Nobody said anything different.

As a whole, the Sox bullpen is better than the Yanks.

Boston still leads the majors in bullpen ERA at 3.15.

The Yankees come in 19th at 4.04 ERA.

That's almost a full run better.

Is there anyway to check from May on? I'm not trying to be Yankee-bias, I'm just curious to see what it's been since the Yankees realized who were pretty good relief pitchers (Aceves/Coke), and who was bad relief pitchers (Veras/Edwar).

Archived