QB questions

TNJet

What if Clemens starts the season this year for us and plays well against houston in game one but not anything special? Like lets say he goes 14-19, 200 yds 1 TD 0 ints. We still win the game because Jones rushed for 2 scores. Do some fans call for a change simply because he didnt dominate? Thinking we could've had more tds w Sanchez or most people content he didnt make mistakes and we won? I'm betting many of us here will call for him to be pulled because of the lack of explosiveness or boring offense. I say we win,he stays. Thoughts?

What if Clemens starts the season this year for us and plays well against houston in game one but not anything special? Like lets say he goes 14-19, 200 yds 1 TD 0 ints. We still win the game because Jones rushed for 2 scores. Do some fans call for a change simply because he didnt dominate? Thinking we could've had more tds w Sanchez or most people content he didnt make mistakes and we won? I'm betting many of us here will call for him to be pulled because of the lack of explosiveness or boring offense. I say we win,he stays. Thoughts?

14-19 200 yards and a TD is actually a hell of a day...

That puts him on pace for 3200 yards... 16 TD's and an alomst 75% completion rate....

14-19 200 yards and a TD is actually a hell of a day...

That puts him on pace for 3200 yards... 16 TD's and an alomst 75% completion rate....

Aside from the completion percentage, that's pretty ****ing pathetic. At least when applied over a full season.

For week one, that line will work, though. However, the Texans offense is so explosive that we'd lose by two TDs.

Aside from the completion percentage, that's pretty ****ing pathetic. At least when applied over a full season.

For week one, that line will work, though. However, the Texans offense is so explosive that we'd lose by two TDs.

It's pretty good considering what the expectations are right now. This team could be pretty good with a QB who can manage the game well. The defense and running game will be the strength of the team regardless.

we are jets fans, arent we? :lol: some fans will call for a change if he threw for 300yds and 3tds. they will say it was a fluke, that houston's D was just lousy..

yadda yadda...

this is not what I would say, i just think some fans would ;)

but i agree with you, if he wins he stays.. though as i have said before.. this is just TC and Clemens just doesnt seem to have poise in the pocket, imagine how he will look in a real game.. same as he did a coupld of years ago, no poise in the pocket..

i dont know if sanchez is the answer, and i am sure that clemens is a very nice young man...

BUT i am a wee bit nervous....

from what I was reading @JI this morning (camp report) I think it'll be a moot point TN...Clemens again this summer-like last summer is an interception machine (good one by Ham)

And Sanchez isnt any different so far,he throws just as many with less scores from what ive read on twitter. Favre can average 3 to 4 picks a game and still be loved,what if Clemens happens to be the same type of gunslinger? He could be an exciting player like Favre was in his prime if you loosen up on his leash and make him understand that he will make some mistakes but also make some awsome throws ala Favre in his prime. Favre won that way in GB and so can Clemens.

And Sanchez isnt any different so far,he throws just as many with less scores from what ive read on twitter. Favre can average 3 to 4 picks a game and still be loved,what if Clemens happens to be the same type of gunslinger? He could be an exciting player like Favre was in his prime if you loosen up on his leash and make him understand that he will make some mistakes but also make some awsome throws ala Favre in his prime. Favre won that way in GB and so can Clemens.

come on Tn there's no comparison between Favre and Clemens

That would be a fantastic year for NYJ Qb this year... sad but true.

Archived