ATTN: JETS FANS

gangreenman

ATTENTION ALL JETS FANS: BEFORE JUMPING OFF THE CLIFF AND WRITING US OFF....

Just wanted to share with you something I've heard over and over again in my basketball coaching experiences..." A team that runs perfect practices, ( or a perfect exhibition/preseason game), is more likely to fold in the face of adversity (a real game situation) than a team whose heart has been battle tested when it mattered less."

IOTW, sometimes mistakes need to be made, blips need to be exposed. Coaches need an excuse to look at what adjustments they can make, players need to look in the mirror before they go to bed at night thinking "How do I do better than this?" Basically, a performance like this one may be the best thing for a team, especially a young, banged up team like the one we had out on the field. A game like this is a wake up call...No, we're not a playoff team...No we may not even be a .500 team if we don't find a way to improve from here. All the players and coaches and owner and gm know how Coach has been runnin' his mouth, and how silly it will all seem, all this confidence, if we dont go .500.

This is a test of heart, and that is something I'd much rather see this team go through now, when they're banged up and playing a preseason game, then when it matters in the regular and (hopefully) postseason.

Okay, had to get that off my chest...You may now commence the jumping.

Same Old Jets. Sorry bro.

If you think Joe Montana and Bill Walsh in their prime could help this team do anything but fail, you're wrong. This team has been and will always be an abortion.

Wow, just wow.

Albany Firebirds.

It's just the DNA of the Jets. It's not Ryan, it's not Sanchez. It's just the way it is.

Common denominator: Two owners that have treated this franchise and its fans like their personal ATM machine, and who view getting deep into the playoffs as a nuisance because it delays their January ski trips to Aspen.

Common denominator: Two owners that have treated this franchise and its fans like their personal ATM machine, and who view getting deep into the playoffs as a nuisance because it delays their January ski trips to Aspen.

+1

And every year we have to read articles about how great we are going to be and how the incoming rookies compare to HOFers and most Jets fans buy it. That's why Mangini is gone, not because of his coaching - but because he couldn't produce enough pre season hype to sell PSL's through newspaper clippings. He also prolly told woody to gf himself after meddling with the team and forcing them to get Favre.

To Woody: Big name QB with big arm > winning

Archived