Texas Rangers vs. New York Yankees @ Yankee Stadium Series Thread

Otter

The Rangers come to town for three. Who will the Red Sox fans be rooting for?

Texas Rangers vs. New York Yankees @ Yankee Stadium

(August 25, 26, 27)

100px-Texas_Rangers.svg.png 100px-NewYorkYankees_PrimaryLogo.svg.png

Tuesday

7:05 My9

3687.jpg vs. 28847.jpg

RHP Kevin Millwood (9-8, 3.48) RHP Joba Chamberlain (8-3, 3.98)

Wednesday

7:05 YES & ESPN 2

nophoto_65x90.gif vs. 3171.jpg

LHP Derek Holland (7-7, 4.72) LHP Andy Pettitte (10-6, 4.25)

Thursday

1:05 YES

6417.jpg vs. 4153.jpg

RHP Dustin Nippert (4-2, 3.95) RHP A.J. Burnett (10-7, 4.08)

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tonight's lineup. Joba's finally back tonight after being off for the last 9 days.

YANKEES (78-46)

Jeter SS

Damon LF

Teixeira 1B

Rodriguez 3B

Matsui DH

Posada C

Cano 2B

Swisher RF

Cabrera CF

Pitching: RHP Joba Chamberlain (8-3, 3.98).

RANGERS (69-54)

Borbon DH

Young 3B

Hamilton RF

Byrd CF

Kinsler 2B

Cruz LF

Rodriguez C

Davis 1B

Andrus SS

Pitching: RHP Kevin Millwood (9-8, 3.48).

This I doubt. As long as the Sox win, it doesn't matter who wins games this series.
If you mean the friends part that you bolded, yeah you are right. I would not call them friends, just people I know.

Never the less, there are sux fans hoping the Yankees win.

"As long as the Sox win" and if you don't, would it be nice to have the Rangers lose also?

Do you pull the plug on Jon Lester's first two season? Honest question.

:yawn:

Is this a serious statement? Yeah. Let's pull the plug on a guy battling his way back from cancer and chemotherapy treatments and getting his strength back.

The two situations could not be further apart.

Joba is a very successful set up guy and I imagine would be a closer. As a starter he hasn't been as effective. When do you say when? No one has answered the question.

Is this a serious statement? Yeah. Let's pull the plug on a guy battling his way back from cancer and chemotherapy treatments and getting his strength back.

The two situations could not be further apart.

Joba is a very successful set up guy and I imagine would be a closer. As a starter he hasn't been as effective. When do you say when? No one has answered the question.

No one answers your question cause your question is freaking stupid. He's 23 years old with a plus change, plus slider, plus curve and plus fastball. Come back when you educate yourself a little more.

No one answers your question cause your question is freaking stupid. He's 23 years old with a plus change, plus slider, plus curve and plus fastball. Come back when you educate yourself a little more.

Yet he only has as many quality starts as Brad Penny. Don't act like there aren't Yankee fans who would rather see him in the bullpen. There are plenty of them.

Is it time to pull the plug on the starter experiment yet? Honest question.

The Yankee organization is committed to making Joba a starter. I was never a big fan of the idea, since he was a dominant reliever who had the makeup of being the future closer after Mo retires.

At times this year he shown flashes of potential, but it has been mingled with some downright putrid performances. All of which is part of the learning process. Remember that this kid threw less than 80 innings as a starter in the minors. He is taking his knocks at the major league level.

The starter experiment will continue. I've read that this is the last year of pitch and inning counts for him. Frankly, I think the Yankees are babying him too much.

The Yankee organization is committed to making Joba a starter. I was never a big fan of the idea, since he was a dominant reliever who had the makeup of being the future closer after Mo retires.

At times this year he shown flashes of potential, but it has been mingled with some downright putrid performances. All of which is part of the learning process. Remember that this kid threw less than 80 innings as a starter in the minors. He is taking his knocks at the major league level.

The starter experiment will continue. I've read that this is the last year of pitch and inning counts for him. Frankly, I think the Yankees are babying him too much.

Thank you for not being like the rest of them.

Archived