A Billion for a Billion

Arsis

I have a better idea... how about the people who own a certain "compound" donate some money and stop asking me for a dollar. Or some of our politicians and rich people donate all their extra money and bring themselves down to my income level before asking me for another cent.

here's someone who can donate for me:

Karen M. Sendelback, President and CEO Friends of the World Food Program

Compensation*:

$267,731

When she donates enough money to lower her compensation down to my level then I'll think about donating a dollar. Until then piss off.

Where on LI? If you're in Nassau, perhaps I can point you in the right direction...

I don't know what these people are talking about. Theres definitely some top notch spots around. Granted theres a pizza place on every corner, and most of which are mediocre.

Umbertos of New Hyde Park has the best slice. I think I'm gonna go right now.

Theres one in NHP obviously and theres on in Wantagh. Also one in Huntington, but its a different owner and haven't heard good things. Thats also so Suffolk, so you know.

Where on LI? If you're in Nassau, perhaps I can point you in the right direction...

I live in Valley Stream for now. The place is terrible. Glad I only signed a year's lease.

I don't know what these people are talking about. Theres definitely some top notch spots around. Granted theres a pizza place on every corner, and most of which are mediocre.

Umbertos of New Hyde Park has the best slice. I think I'm gonna go right now.

Theres one in NHP obviously and theres on in Wantagh. Also one in Huntington, but its a different owner and haven't heard good things. Thats also so Suffolk, so you know.

You're talking about a chain restaurant?

I live in Valley Stream for now. The place is terrible. Glad I only signed a year's lease.

Yeah, I don't know of a place in Valley Stream I would consider to be great. Ancona's on Rockaway (between Sunrise and Merrick Rd) used to be decent. Some of the neighboring towns have good places, but it depends on where in Valley Stream you are and how far you're willing to travel.

No, the original Umberto's is in New Hyde Park and they have opened several other locations, called "Umberto's of New Hyde Park". so people know that it's the same food as the original place and not some other random place called Umberto's.

Just because they have one more location doesn't mean it's like Papa John's. I don't think Peter Luger's became a chain after they opened a second restaurant in Great Neck.

Pizza on LI sucks? No, actually pizza in Manhattan sucks. I'd say Queens/Nassau make the best.

There is a King Umberto's (unrelated to the rest of the Umberto's) on Hempstead Tpke and Meachem Ave in Elmont. They have some good stuff.

Back to the topic, it doesn't really matter how much we donate because Africa is completely unstable. The best things for Africa are the programs which teach the people substantive farming and that bank which gives out micro loans at no interest. Unfortunately it seems like a situation where you could pour 800 trillion dollars into it and it would fail, money does not solve all issues.

Did this thread really turn into a discussion of good pizza places?

:face:

Relax, Bono. Nobody's saving the world while reading JN.

I'd donate if there were any guarantees that tribal warlords wouldn't be stealing the food from the people in need. This is a problem that will not be solved long-term by throwing money at it from afar.

Relax, Bono. Nobody's saving the world while reading JN.

I'd donate if there were any guarantees that tribal warlords wouldn't be stealing the food from the people in need. This is a problem that will not be solved long-term by throwing money at it from afar.

Haha, I don't care about the posts just found it ironic. I agree throwing money at the problem won't solve it--there are inherent problems with the structure over there that would leave the common people with nothing as is. What's needed is a more permanent change but no one country's willing to extend themselves that far because of the budget strains and potential diplomatic repercussions.

Come on man. At this point I figured you'd assume I was better than that.

Keep it at this. You want the best slice of pizza you've ever had? Go to Umbertos of NHP. FACT.

Doesn't matter where you're from.

Come on man. At this point I figured you'd assume I was better than that.

Keep it at this. You want the best slice of pizza you've ever had? Go to Umbertos of NHP. FACT.

Doesn't matter where you're from.

Oh yes it does. When you relocate to Maryland, every slice of pizza is the best slice of pizza you've ever had when you come back home.

Archived