'Ted Ginn? Seriously?' Edition of Post of The Week

POTW Bot

Greenbeans was better. Also isn't as funny when only 5 posts get nommed each week.

You were better pre menopause

This was kind of a depressing POTW. Its never a good thing when CTM and Klecko get numerous votes.

That said, a couple of those were pretty F'n funny.

You were never better

Of course CTM won, who the **** else was nominated?

Well, I guess Klecko was, but come on... let's be realistic here.

This from one of my oldest message board buddies? Fredo is your new name

And thanks for the Nom's anyone who did, although I think I may have to agree with Bleedin here, it was kind of a light week for entries...

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You were better pre menopause

You were never better

This from one of my oldest message board buddies? Fredo is your new name

And thanks for the Nom's anyone who did, although I think I may have to agree with Bleedin here, it was kind of a light week for entries...

I've never seen a POTW winner so bitter. :confused0082:

This from one of my oldest message board buddies? Fredo is your new name.

Slow down there, hombre. Take a look back at what I really said, I would think you all of people would understand a setup for a Kleck-slam when you see one. The reference made was that you were nominated numerously last week, completely dominating the PotW thread and thus of course you were going to win. I then pointed out your primary competition was the :akf:, who we all realistically knew had about as much chance of winning as Crusher does of refusing seconds (or JiF).

I've never seen a POTW winner so bitter. :confused0082:

Bitter?

Slow down there, hombre. Take a look back at what I really said, I would think you all of people would understand a setup for a Kleck-slam when you see one. The reference made was that you were nominated numerously last week, completely dominating the PotW thread and thus of course you were going to win. I then pointed out your primary competition was the :akf:, who we all realistically knew had about as much chance of winning as Crusher does of refusing seconds (or JiF).

My bad.. I just auto-react with hostility if I suspect I'm being compared to klecko in anyway. ;)

i gotta point out the irony of the "ted ginn seriously" thread nominating a gholston joke as POTW

no one, and I mean NO ONE, was a bigger "bust" than Ted Ginn Jr.

That "Bust" brutalized the Jets this year. There's no way to talk around that fact. The player that everyone said was a bust was instrumental in not 1 but 2 divisional wins. The Jets got swept by the Fins and they couldn't have done it without ted Ginn Jr.

So all of you guys who writing off Gholston, take heed: if Vernon Davis, Cedric Benson, and yes, Ted Ginn Jr. can shake off the bust label, and become big time NFL players... so can Vernon Gholston. (all top 10 picks, all elite athletes).

Truth is I do refuse seconds if the food is not delicious. I just convert to my emergency fanny pack complete with two rotisserie chickens, 2 corn the cobs and a diet coke.

Please refrain from Boopsie references during the day, Im struggling enough in his abscence.

i gotta point out the irony of the "ted ginn seriously" thread nominating a gholston joke as POTW

That "Bust" brutalized the Jets this year. There's no way to talk around that fact. The player that everyone said was a bust was instrumental in not 1 but 2 divisional wins. The Jets got swept by the Fins and they couldn't have done it without ted Ginn Jr.

So all of you guys who writing off Gholston, take heed: if Vernon Davis, Cedric Benson, and yes, Ted Ginn Jr. can shake off the bust label, and become big time NFL players... so can Vernon Gholston. (all top 10 picks, all elite athletes).

If Vernon Gholston doesn't put you in his entourage his brain is stupid.

You are missing a very important point in all of this. There is a monumental difference between being a "bust" relative to your draft slot and being a completely useless NFL player.

While Ginn will likely never produce as a top-10 pick at WR, he will at worst be a good PR/KR, which does provide some value to his team. In fact, he finished in the top-10 in PR average as a rookie... what has Vernon Gholston done to help his team thus far in his illustrious career?

You are missing a very important point in all of this. There is a monumental difference between being a "bust" relative to your draft slot and being a completely useless NFL player.

While Ginn will likely never produce as a top-10 pick at WR, he will at worst be a good PR/KR, which does provide some value to his team. In fact, he finished in the top-10 in PR average as a rookie... what has Vernon Gholston done to help his team thus far in his illustrious career?

I think I saw him out there TRYING to tackle Ginn on special teams.

Considering the response you got, clearly:

Invalid1.jpg

The other point he's missing of course is that I was also making fun of him and his graphs...

No one ever doubted Ginn's ability to run fast.

4.6 at 270 is about as rare as a legit 4.3 at WR weight. plus he verted 42.

if he keeps working hard and doesn't get hurt

the cream eventually rises to the top in this league

"ted ginn, seriously?!"

Yes. Ted Friggin Ginn owns the Jets.

"ted ginn, seriously?!"

Gholston is the slowest 4.6 i've ever seen.. He must of mixed some amphetamines in with the mornings steroid shot the day of the run....

"ted ginn, seriously?!"

And Ted Ginn is a hall of famer in comparison to Vernon Gholston.

Forget what he's done against the Jets. The fact that he's had receptions in the league pretty much makes him better than Gholston.

Gholston is the slowest 4.6 i've ever seen.. He must of mixed some amphetamines in with the mornings steroid shot the day of the run....

What? I don;t agree with this. I bet if you take every single other player off the field he easily runs 4.6. Put a couple guys in front of him and I think I could take him. Im fat Im use to bumping into people. Vernon hates crowds.

when a player runs slower on the field than he times off the field it's a case of "thinking" letting the brain get in the way

he did that as a rookie, no question... as a 2nd year player he's been much faster and missed several sacks by a hair, but still not quite up to "full speed"... as a 3rd or 4th year player who knows? he could regress or he could make you all eat crow sandwiches.

Calvin Pace and Bryan Thomas had similar starts to their careers. You can go back and look at the stats and say Calvin had 3 sacks or Bryan had 1 sack and that's better than VG but if you took a time machine and went back, those sack totals weren't enough either. Those guys were "busts" until they weren't. Ted Ginn's 10 receptions was a bust. Vernon Davis 31 receptions was a bust. None of these stats were good enough. It happens all the time in the league.

i just think it's funny that we have a week to think about how Ted Ginn roasted the Jets (for the 2nd time this year) and yet VG is a 23 year old worthless player according the board. Check back when he's 25 or 26.

when a player runs slower on the field than he times off the field it's a case of "thinking" letting the brain get in the way

he did that as a rookie, no question... as a 2nd year player he's been much faster and missed several sacks by a hair, but still not quite up to "full speed"... as a 3rd or 4th year player who knows? he could regress or he could make you all eat crow sandwiches.

Calvin Pace and Bryan Thomas had similar starts to their careers. You can go back and look at the stats and say Calvin had 3 sacks or Bryan had 1 sack and that's better than VG but if you took a time machine and went back, those sack totals weren't enough either. Those guys were "busts" until they weren't. Ted Ginn's 10 receptions was a bust. Vernon Davis 31 receptions was a bust. None of these stats were good enough. It happens all the time in the league.

i just think it's funny that we have a week to think about how Ted Ginn roasted the Jets (for the 2nd time this year) and yet VG is a 23 year old worthless player according the board. Check back when he's 25 or 26.

Do you have any graphs in support of this hypotheis?

And obviously thinking slows you down but he even looks low in chase mode..

Do you have any graphs in support of this hypotheis?

ya know i actually thought twice before putting that up ... waxing theoretical with you guys... thought nah they can handle it... what a mistake eh? Not only did I get 0 intelligent responses but jokes made POTW. what a world.

next time i'll limit my graphic evidence to smiley faces.

:D

ya know i actually thought twice before putting that up ... waxing theoretical with you guys... thought nah they can handle it... what a mistake eh? Not only did I get 0 intelligent responses but jokes made POTW. what a world.

next time i'll limit my graphic evidence to smiley faces.

:D

Clearly, we should check back in 2-3 years when your posting has more time to grow into its full potential.

Bit, do you honestly think Gholston will be a good player or are you just holding onto hope because of your website?

You have to be the only draft guy left out there that thinks anything of Vernon Gholston.

Any thoughts on Jordan Hill while you're at it?

;)

Bit, do you honestly think Gholston will be a good player or are you just holding onto hope because of your website?

You have to be the only draft guy left out there that thinks anything of Vernon Gholston.

Any thoughts on Jordan Hill while you're at it?

;)

I do think he will be a good player. He might never be a 10 sack a year guy but if he can be Bryan Thomas ... i'm happy.

if the Jets followed the fans advice and cut him now, or after the year ended... they'd eventually regret it. A guy with his physical skills and college production is bound to produce in the league... unless he gets hurt or something else comes up.

we kill the guy but there's still no pick that makes more sense at the 6 spot, and we have 2 years of hindsight in the bag.

as for Jordan Hill it's too soon to write him off too!

I do think he will be a good player. He might never be a 10 sack a year guy but if he can be Bryan Thomas ... i'm happy.

if the Jets followed the fans advice and cut him now, or after the year ended... they'd eventually regret it. A guy with his physical skills and college production is bound to produce in the league... unless he gets hurt or something else comes up.

we kill the guy but there's still no pick that makes more sense at the 6 spot, and we have 2 years of hindsight in the bag.

as for Jordan Hill it's too soon to write him off too!

Chris Johnson

Joe Flacco

DeSean Jackson

Jerod Mayo

Kenny Phillips

Eddie Royal

Sedrick Ellis

Steve Slaton

Leodis McKelvin

Derrick Harvey

Felix Jones

Hell, arguably with a salary cap, and the required contract for a #6 pick, we'd have been better off passing.

Chris Johnson (late 1st rounder at 5?)

Joe Flacco (ok i guess that makes sense but they had favre ideas)

DeSean Jackson (2nd rounder)

Jerod Mayo (instead of Bart Scott? and he's hurt)

Kenny Phillips (instead of Jim Leonard? also hurt)

Eddie Royal (when was he picked?)

Sedrick Ellis (not a fit for 3-4, hurt)

Steve Slaton (not a need at the time)

Leodis McKelvin (hurt)

Derrick Harvey (not much more productive than VG)

Felix Jones (not a need at the time)

Hell, arguably with a salary cap, and the required contract for a #6 pick, we'd have been better off passing.

"passing" is not an option. the last team that passed, Vikings, had to pay Kevin Williams based on the 6 slot not where they drafted him. So passing is not on the table.

"passing" is not an option. the last team that passed, Vikings, had to pay Kevin Williams based on the 6 slot not where they drafted him. So passing is not on the table.

That's because they dropped a pick. If the Jets just didn't submit till say, 20, there's no way that player could have garnered #6 money. If they didn't submit that pick at all, they wouldn't have anyone to pay. Further, it's more about the point. The Jets would have been better off with no one, than with Vernon Gholston. In a league with a salary cap, that's the truth.

And, I don't care where guys are picked, or if they are a need, or even if they are hurt. Marquis Colston was a late 7th rounder. You think if the draft were done over, he'd still be? A hurt Jerod Mayo gets the same playing time as a healthy Vernon Gholston. Did Gholston fit a need? Did we need a guy who can't get on the field. Is that what we were hoping for? As for Mayo vs. Bart Scott and Leonhart vs. Kenny Philips, neither of those guys were on the roster at the time, neither was the coach who lured them here.

Any one of those guys makes the 2009 New York Jets a better team than they are with Vernon Gholston. And based on what we've seen, probably the 2010, 2011, and 2012. You never answered my question in an earlier thread. If Tannenbaum had to do it over again, would he draft Gholston. I say no chance.

Any one of those guys makes the 2009 New York Jets a better team than they are with Vernon Gholston. And based on what we've seen, probably the 2010, 2011, and 2012. You never answered my question in an earlier thread. If Tannenbaum had to do it over again, would he draft Gholston. I say no chance.

i dont see a more obvious choice. Never pass up a blue chip player for a red chip player.

and i do think he makes the 2010+ Jets better. Remember he's only 23! these things tend to take time.

i dont see a more obvious choice. Never pass up a blue chip player for a red chip player.

and i do think he makes the 2010+ Jets better. Remember he's only 23! these things tend to take time.

What does blue chip player mean?

Because, if Vernon Gholston is a 'blue chip' player, why do you want him on your team?

I don't think you draft top 10 picks, with the money they are owed, (whether or not you want to seperate them, you cant), to be good for you 5 years down the road.

Vernon Gholston having a solid year in 2011 would be a nightmare for the Jets. He'd have 3 years of complete uselessness, and then the Jets would have to decide if they were willing to commit another 4-5 years and a ton of money to him in an extension.

Face it, the Jets would have been better off had they not drafted Gholston. That, by most people's definition, is a bust.

You still didn't answer... WOULD MIKE TANNENBAUM DRAFT VERNON GHOLSTON IF HE HAD THE CURRENT HINDSIGHT?

Archived