2010 New York Yankees (What would you do?)

Morrissey

Option 1:

*Sign Matt Holliday

*Sign Rich Harden

*Sign Aroldis Chapman

*Re-sign Johnny Damon

*Re-sign Andy Pettitte

*Re-sign Jerry Hairston Jr.

Lineup:

Derek Jeter (SS)

Johnny Damon (DH)

Mark Teixeira (1B)

Alex Rodriguez (3B)

Matt Holliday (LF)

Jorge Posada ©

Robinson Cano (2B)

Nick Swisher (RF)

Melky Cabrera (CF)

Bench:

Francisco Cervelli ©

Brett Gardner (OF)

Ramiro Pena (IF)

Jerry Hairston Jr. (IF/OF)

Pitching Staff:

LHP CC Sabathia

RHP A.J. Burnett

LHP Andy Pettitte

RHP Rich Harden

RHP Joba Chamberlain

RHP Phil Hughes

RHP Mariano Rivera

LHP Damaso Marte

RHP David Robertson

LHP Phil Coke

RHP Alfredo Aceves

RHP Mark Melancon

(Aroldis Chapman will start out in the minors)

Option 2:

*Trade for Adam Dunn

*Trade for David DeJesus

*Sign Rich Harden

*Sign Aroldis Chapman

*Re-sign Andy Pettitte

*Re-sign Jerry Hairston Jr.

Lineup:

David DeJesus (LF)

Derek Jeter (SS)

Mark Teixeira (1B)

Alex Rodriguez (3B)

Adam Dunn (DH)

Jorge Posada ©

Robinson Cano (2B)

Nick Swisher (RF)

Melky Cabrera (CF)

Bench:

Francisco Cervelli ©

Brett Gardner (OF)

Ramiro Pena (IF)

Jerry Hairston Jr. (IF/OF)

Pitching Staff:

LHP CC Sabathia

RHP A.J. Burnett

LHP Andy Pettitte

RHP Rich Harden

RHP Joba Chamberlain

RHP Phil Hughes

RHP Mariano Rivera

LHP Damaso Marte

RHP David Robertson

LHP Phil Coke

RHP Alfredo Aceves

RHP Mark Melancon

(Aroldis Chapman will start out in the minors)

None of these options have Matsui in them

No good IMO

I'm not completely ruling him out, but if we do sign him (I would only sign him to a 1 year deal) then we have part ways with Damon. Matsui can't play the OF, and I don't want Damon to be our every day LFer. I don't think the Yankees are interested in bringing him back. If we bring Matsui back then we can't he's our every day DH, he can't play the OF.

Cashman said Matsui is only a designated hitter. “He may very well be an outfielder for somebody else,” Cashman said. For the Yankees, though, Matsui is strictly a DH.

MLB SECOND BASEMEN RANKINGS:

AVG: Cano (1st)

HITS: Cano (1st)

SLG: Cano (2nd)

2B: Cano (2nd)

SLG: Cano (2nd)

OPS: Cano (3rd)

HR: Cano (6th)

All this with stellar defense. You have to be crazy to trade this guy in his prime. You're not going to replace him with someone better. Last time I checked Chase Utley isn't available.

Word? You'd trade Austin Jackson?

For Adam Dunn? Absolutely. I don't think Austin Jackson is going to be that good. Strikes out too much, doesn't walk enough, no power. Relies on unsustainable BABIP. Unfortunately the Nationals probably see the same thing I see.

For Adam Dunn? Absolutely. I don't think Austin Jackson is going to be that good. Strikes out too much, doesn't walk enough, no power. Relies on unsustainable BABIP. Unfortunately the Nationals probably see the same thing I see.

True.

I saw him jack a grand slam against the Sox last year in ST and I was sold on him. Haven't dug into the actual stats much.

Talented =! good. Calling Robinson Cano's defense stellar is a joke. Guy ****s up on routine ground balls.

As do every other baseball player. It happens. If you thin Cano is a bad defensive payer then you're blind. You're just looking for something to complain about. My only issue with Cano is that he needs to come up bigger in big spots, but other than that, you can count the second basemen in his league on 1 hand.

As do every other baseball player. It happens. If you thin Cano is a bad defensive payer then you're blind. You're just looking for something to complain about. My only issue with Cano is that he needs to come up bigger in big spots, but other than that, you can count the second basemen in his league on 1 hand.

Thats my biggest complaint about Cano too. I don't know the numbers, but he might be the least clutch player of all time. He hits .300 every year and goes .120 with runners in scoring position. Retarded. He's gotta be a head case.

Thats my biggest complaint about Cano too. I don't know the numbers, but he might be the least clutch player of all time. He hits .300 every year and goes .120 with runners in scoring position. Retarded. He's gotta be a head case.

I don't remember big spots being a big problem with him before this year, do you?

I'd obviously sign him to an extension.

WHAT? And what's stopping you from waiting 1 more year for him to be an FA? You don't trade prime prospects for guys in the last year of free agency especially in a market this diminished. You trade them for arb eligible prospects who you can sign to an extension, or for guys with exceptional AARV like Halladay.

Holy **** dude, I can't believe you just suggested trading AJax and McAllister for Dunn.

:bag:

He did last year. Not in 2008 or 07. Too much to give up for Dunn.

WHAT? And what's stopping you from waiting 1 more year for him to be an FA? You don't trade prime prospects for guys in the last year of free agency especially in a market this diminished. You trade them for arb eligible prospects who you can sign to an extension, or for guys with exceptional AARV like Halladay.

Holy **** dude, I can't believe you just suggested trading AJax and McAllister for Dunn.

:bag:

First of all you are overrating Austin Jackson like CRAZY. He's not a "prime prospect" as you put, and neither is Zach McAllister. Second... Adam Dunn is a PROVEN 40 HR hitter, who could possibly hit 50 in Yankee Stadium.

You should put a paper bag over your head.

First of all you are overrating Austin Jackson like CRAZY. He's not a "prime prospect" as you put, and neither is Zach McAllister. Second... Adam Dunn is a PROVEN 40 HR hitter, who could possibly hit 50 in Yankee Stadium.

You should put a paper bag over your head.

They are both very good prospects. McAlister is the yankees best pitching prospect at the moment and CF's who can hit are rare. Dunn is a very good hitter but he's getting older and is one of the worst outfielders in the major. The yankees are better off bringing Damon back short term than making this trade.

They are both very good prospects. McAlister is the yankees best pitching prospect at the moment and CF's who can hit are rare. Dunn is a very good hitter but he's getting older and is one of the worst outfielders in the major. The yankees are better off bringing Damon back short term than making this trade.

Madmike and Tyler going at it. This should get interesting :)

And personally I would hang on to Austin Jackson and see if he could become the everyday CF in 2011. He does a lot of things well. About the Curtis Granderson rumors? I would pass on him as well, not the kind of player they need.

The Yankees need to continue to develop players, they already had to reduce ticket prices for next year, so the payroll is an issue. I would let Damon and Matsui know that the player that accepts the shortest contract will be brought back.

Swisher? He was great for the locker room but if they can trade him I have no problem with that at all.

Archived