KISS alive 35

Jetman_67

Saw them at Key Arena a few days ago and what a great show it was. They played alot of their older stuff and only 2 new songs from Sonic Boom. Opened with Strutter and the final encore was Detroit Rock City!!!! Got to check out the Gene Simmons Family Jewels RV too!!!!

13032_1294702330750_1326073278_30830530_6596536_n.jpg

Holy **** I didn't even notice that! :rl:

I was too focused on the whole goofy hat, manpurse, what logic would dictate I assume is a caramel-pumpkin-mocha frappucinco in one hand, devil horns with the other hand thing.

that's a hat? i thought he just keeps forgetting to take off the top to his big black penis halloween costume.

Holy **** I didn't even notice that! :rl:

I was too focused on the whole goofy hat, manpurse, what logic would dictate I assume is a caramel-pumpkin-mocha frappucinco in one hand, devil horns with the other hand thing.

i thought that was his "one on the sack, on in the back" sign....

how much you wanna bet those are bugle boy jeans?

I am going to see them in 2 weeks in H-town and looking foward to it. I promise not to post any pictures. Saw them when I was 15 years old - almost 32 years ago and now taking my 15 year old to see them -- THeir music was not the best in fact not even close but who cares I expect to have a blast.

I am going to see them in 2 weeks in H-town and looking foward to it. I promise not to post any pictures. Saw them when I was 15 years old - almost 32 years ago and now taking my 15 year old to see them -- THeir music was not the best in fact not even close but who cares I expect to have a blast.

You will have a blast!! They played mostly their classic stuff here. Opened with Deuce and Strutter. Only a couple songs from Sonic Boom, which is actually their best work in over 20 years.

One cool thing, for only $30 you can buy a wristband with a built in flash drive after the show. It comes pre loaded with half the show and you use the code that comes with it to download the rest of the show the next day. The quality of the sound is very good. I have the entire Seattle show on my Ipod.

• 2 weeks later...

Set list for the KISS concert, Nassau Coliseum, 10/10/09:

1- Deuce

2- I Stole Your Love

3- Got To Choose

4- Modern Day Delilah

5- Hotter than Hell

6- Come On And Love Me

7- Parasite

8- She

9- Frehley (guitar solo)

10- Watching You

11- 100,000 Years

12- Criss (drum solo)

13- Simmons (blood spitting)

14- Turn It Up

15- Stanley (guitar solo)

16- Black Diamond

17- Rock 'N Roll All Nite

I took my 8yr old son to the show and he was thrilled. Great time.

Set list for the KISS concert, Nassau Coliseum, 10/10/09:

1- Deuce

2- I Stole Your Love

3- Got To Choose

4- Modern Day Delilah

5- Hotter than Hell

6- Come On And Love Me

7- Parasite

8- She

9- Frehley (guitar solo)

10- Watching You

11- 100,000 Years

12- Criss (drum solo)

13- Simmons (blood spitting)

14- Turn It Up

15- Stanley (guitar solo)

16- Black Diamond

17- Rock 'N Roll All Nite

I took my 8yr old son to the show and he was thrilled. Great time.

That's it? 13 songs and four solos played by subpar musicians? How long was the show, 70 minutes?

That is pathetic.

That's it? 13 songs and four solos played by subpar musicians? How long was the show, 70 minutes?

That is pathetic.

kiss may be one of the worst bands in history. i'm really not sure why so many people like this crap. beth may be their only decent song...and even that's slightly gay.

kiss may be one of the worst bands in history. i'm really not sure why so many people like this crap. beth may be their only decent song...and even that's slightly gay.

I loved Kiss when I was a kid. Then I saw them on the first reunion tour in '96 and felt like I was getting screwed with my pants on.

$65 for nosebleed seats, the cheapest t-shirt on sale was a plain white shirt with Kiss across the front and nothing on the back for $35 (mother****ers were selling framed platinum albums at the concession stands) and they played for about an hour and fifteen minutes and I swear half that time wasn't even the band playing but Paul Stanley telling the audience how great and cool Kiss was.

By contrast, 30 days later, I saw Rush in the same building. $35 for a seat, first row of the upper level, directly across from the stage (best place to sit for a Rush show,) most expensive t-shirt was a $35 tie-dye with printing on front and back, and they finished the 90-minute first set by playing 2112 in it's entirety for the first time ever, the show lasted 3-plus hours in all.

That is pathetic.

THe show was well over 2 hours -- therir were 4 encore songs not mentioned above plus a couple of others at my show atleast - and Neckdemon is kinda correct as a band they definitly were not the best ever but who cares its all for fun. My first time seeing them since 78 -- :cheers:

Kiss was only cool because they painted their faces like a bunch of fags, they were more of a gimmick than anything else.

P.S. You guys are a tough crowd clowning that guy about his man purse and caramel frapp.

Kiss was only cool because they painted their faces like a bunch of fags, they were more of a gimmick than anything else.

P.S. You guys are a tough crowd clowning that guy about his man purse and caramel frapp.

Yet 35 years later they still sell out arenas -- thats one helluva gimmick.

and yes we are a tough crowd. :P

That is pathetic.

I'll concede that 3 of them are subpar, but Ace is a fantastic rock guitarist.

The show was about 90 minutes total. Definitely short, but they still put on an entertaining show even after all these years. I had nosebleeds, so I only had to shell out $18.50 per ticket. Definitely worth it to see the smile on my kid's face.

I'll concede that 3 of them are subpar, but Ace is a fantastic rock guitarist.

The show was about 90 minutes total. Definitely short, but they still put on an entertaining show even after all these years. I had nosebleeds, so I only had to shell out $18.50 per ticket. Definitely worth it to see the smile on my kid's face.

Too bad Ace isn't touring with them -- neither is Peter Chris

But the guy who replaced Ace was pretty good in his own right -- considering the type of music of course.

Too bad Ace isn't touring with them -- neither is Peter Chris

But the guy who replaced Ace was pretty good in his own right -- considering the type of music of course.

I didn't realize Ace wasn't touring with them this time around. I really thought it was him up there.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ace_Frehley : "Frehley was soon replaced by former Black 'n Blue guitarist, Tommy Thayer. Thayer was a manager for Kiss at the time, and had previously served in a variety of other roles for Kiss; he had assisted Frehley in relearning some of his guitar parts for the Alive/Worldwide Tour. Since Kiss now owned the copyright to Frehley's makeup and costume designs, they placed Thayer on lead guitar as the "Spaceman", a move that generated controversy and anger among the Frehley fan base."

Archived