When Listing Possible Cowher Suitors, Don't Forget The Jets

SoFlaJets

here here Joe...excuses excuses excuses-I want to see the Jets in a fcking Super Bowl and I don't care what it takes. If it takes firing an unqualified HC for a legend after only one year? Good then do it. If it takes getting rid of the GM, please it's about that time anyway. If it takes a new offensive philosophy and a new OC...it's long overdue. If it takes benching an overwhelmed rookie signal caller, then get Jeff Garcia on the phone stat if you have zero confidence in who's backing him up.

we never should have expected playoffs, 3-0 was worst thing to happen

specially with leon and KJ out for year

7-9 or 8-8 was prob best case

with Leon and KJ 7-3 would have been reality IMO, but injuries

happen and we have no depth

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How do you expect this team to do anything if we fire coaches year after year? This is stupid IMO. Rex is our man for @ least 2-3 more seasons.

I really DON'T expect it to happen rillo, but I DO hope the next two heads on the chopping block are Tannenbaum and Schottenheimer...Remember; Cowher laughed in the face of a Jets fan last year when asked about coaching here, he said, "the JETS???? HAHAHAHAHAHA" Who was that anyway who met him and some other hall of famers and related the story here?

How do you expect this team to do anything if we fire coaches year after year? This is stupid IMO. Rex is our man for @ least 2-3 more seasons.

I'm not the biggest Rex fan right now but I gotta agree with Rillo. You can't just fire these guys after one season. Building the team and chemistry takes time, and we've had a ****load of bad luck this season. Playoff hopes were unrealistic. And if we do in fact fire Rex, no established winning head coach in their right mind would want to come coach for this pathetic organization.

Joey JI is a more positive place than here right now..sad but true

Manning was 3-13 with 28 Ints his first year and had Tom Moore as

an OC and not Schott, Sperm seems to forget that.

We are also 2 Defensive stops and a braindead ST game from being

7-3, none of these can be put on Sanchez

the Jills game as bad as he phucked up in regulation, drove us from 16

yd line to winning FG try, when a backup TE makes an unneeded Holding

call, costing us a 30 yd FG

So if you believe Feeley makes it, we could have been 8-2, if you

feel weatherford would have dropped that try as well

then 7-3 with a rook at QB

but this is the jets so we remain at 4-6 with lots of holes to fill

Peyton Manning had 24 TD and 17 INT in his last 12 games after a horrific first 4 game start. Sanchez isn't anywhere near that.

Sanchez threw FIVE interceptions in that Bills game. FIVE. How many times does that happen? Special Teams mess up or not, it does not matter, when your QB throws FIVE interceptions, he is the #1 reason why you lost.

I'm not the biggest Rex fan right now but I gotta agree with Rillo. You can't just fire these guys after one season. Building the team and chemistry takes time, and we've had a ****load of bad luck this season. Playoff hopes were unrealistic. And if we do in fact fire Rex, no established winning head coach in their right mind would want to come coach for this pathetic organization.

look, I didn't write the article guys I only posted it. WTHBS, there has to be a buffer between any HCing move and that's Tannenbaum and Shottenheimer fired minutes after Cincinnati beats us first

I really DON'T expect it to happen rillo, but I DO hope the next two heads on the chopping block are Tannenbaum and Schottenheimer...Remember; Cowher laughed in the face of a Jets fan last year when asked about coaching here, he said, "the JETS???? HAHAHAHAHAHA" Who was that anyway who met him and some other hall of famers and related the story here?

tannenbaum is safe. he got woody his toys, (favre and sanchez) and has a mind boggling 14 first round picks on the roster (was 15 before they cut carroll)

talent acquisition is not the issue. if you wan't to argue busts, look at every team in the NFL, they all swing and miss in the draft

shotty is an interesting case. awful passing attack and the HC is sitting in on his meetings now, but a potent running attack. I think if rex thinks callahan is to credit for the running game, shotty is a goner.

Why fire Tannenbaum? He's awesome with contracts, pretty good with draft and trades (some exclusions). Fuk Cowher anyway, he was lucky he had good ownership that stuck by him because there were some years I thought he was gonna get canned too. Not to mention the Bettis 'Superbowl" was so fricking rigged, but that's another story.

Agree on all parts, who wants to take a job where there might be a possibility that you can get fired after one year, because the bi-polar fan base isn't happy with instant results. Too many people thought this team would be like the Ravens/Falcons of last year, and this Jets team isn't, not even close.

I would fire Tannenbaum right before the last week of the season and see whose agents call me to tak his job. Tannenbaum has two jobs here: to make the team commercially appealing and to make/save Woody money. He has now failed miserably in both goals in back-to-back years. Woody makes every decision with his wallet, and he HAS TO see that Tannenbaum has failed him. If so, he's gone.

The guy is a freaking CPA, for God's sake. Get a football man in here.

I would fire Tannenbaum right before the last week of the season and see whose agents call me to tak his job. Tannenbaum has two jobs here: to make the team commercially appealing and to make/save Woody money. He has now failed miserably in both goals in back-to-back years. Woody makes every decision with his wallet, and he HAS TO see that Tannenbaum has failed him. If so, he's gone.

Mike Ditka or Jimmy Johnson?

Remember when he needed Parcells to tell him to sign Faneca 2 years ago? I wonder how that conversation went....

what I can't believe is that there are so many Jets fans defending him still...I thought he was on thin ice last year but (after a real good BJ) must have convinced Woody that it was all Mangini's fault

what I can't believe is that there are so many Jets fans defending him still...I thought he was on thin ice last year but (after a real good BJ) must have convinced Woody that it was all Mangini's fault

You know how many Jets fans are, bro: they'll stick with a mediocre guy forever simply because they're afraid that the next guy will be worse. Remember how many people wanted to make Herm Edwards "Coach For Life"?

i guess if cowher really wanted to come here...i wouldn't cry if it happened. but i think ryan should get more than one year to build his team.

I don't care who is coaching, playing QB, running the ball, sacking

qb's. I'm tired of the excuses. If it takes Cowher or the freaking guy selling hot dogs to win, then lets do it.

You know how many Jets fans are, bro: they'll stick with a mediocre guy forever simply because they're afraid that the next guy will be worse. Remember how many people wanted to make Herm Edwards "Coach For Life"?

this team needs an authoritative figure at the top since Woody is such a wimp. Having a politician who says all the "right" things like Tannenbaum never gets to the core matter; that these guys are underachieving and playing soft. We should be in the hunt for the division, instead we're about to find ourselves with a top 10 draft pick come April

But how is it Tanny fault? Sanchez goes out and sh!ts the bed every week it seems. Stupid rookie head coach mistakes with clock management, defense missing it's best/most important player.

But how is it Tanny fault? Sanchez goes out and sh!ts the bed every week it seems. Stupid rookie head coach mistakes with clock management, defense missing it's best/most important player.

because clearly, his way of running this team isn't working Rill...since last year at this time we are 5 wins and 10 losses-expect that number to be a 3-1 loss ratio by week 17...

this team needs an authoritative figure at the top since Woody is such a wimp. Having a politician who says all the "right" things like Tannenbaum never gets to the core matter; that these guys are underachieving and playing soft. We should be in the hunt for the division, instead we're about to find ourselves with a top 10 draft pick come April

Definitely. The Jets management team is a cadre of buffoons. They need a credible authority figure to shield the football side of organization from the idiots in the mrketing/business side. Someone who will grab Woody by the throat and throw him back to Cabo with his pack of 22 year-old skanks.

because clearly, his way of running this team isn't working Rill...since last year at this time we are 5 wins and 10 losses-expect that number to be a 3-1 loss ratio by week 17...

But when do players become accountable? Turnovers, drops and lapse on defense isn't the GM's fault.

But when do players become accountable? Turnovers, drops and lapse on defense isn't the GM's fault.

they're accountable on every single play, every single meeting, every single minute of the regular season and every single day of OTA's and TC. They make more money in their 5 years of football than most of us will make in our adult life. As to the GM, what do you do say "ah it's OK, Mike it wasn't YOUR fault that you drafted one of the biggest busts in team history or that the team you're running is losing at a 3 to 1 ratio". SOMEBODY has to be held accountable...it's Tannenbaum's turn.

I know this was to the great SoFla Jimmy, but let me just say this: players, in the big picture, do not win or lose championships any more than the workers in a factory make GM succeed or fail over the long haul. Players are puzzle pieces, interchangable parts that every GM/coach can put in and out of the scheme at any time. If you're a winning organization, it's because you have effective management.

Peyton Manning had 24 TD and 17 INT in his last 12 games after a horrific first 4 game start. Sanchez isn't anywhere near that.

Sanchez threw FIVE interceptions in that Bills game. FIVE. How many times does that happen? Special Teams mess up or not, it does not matter, when your QB throws FIVE interceptions, he is the #1 reason why you lost.

He had 3 awful games with 4 or more turnovers. I think the majority (50%+) he had 0-1 turnovers.

So, it's concerning, but it's a lot less concerning than if he was giving up, say, 3 turnovers consistently. He hasn't been doing that.

would you guys be for this? Just think we'd finally get rid of the number cruncher too...he seems more like a politician to me anyway..

That number cruncher has drafted Leon, Mangold, Dbrick, Revis, Harris, Sanchez, Keller, Stuckey, Lowery, Ainge, Clemens, Eric Smith, and Brad Smith. He looks like he missed on Gholston. In FAand trades he has landed every big name we pursued, including Pace, Jenkins, Favre, Scott, Jones, Edwards, Sheppard, Leonhard, Strickland, Faneca, Woody.

Please, PLEASE tell me where he has faltered as a GM? The guy has been just short of phenominal in getting the players we need. In the end it has always been the coaching and injuries that have let us down.

That number cruncher has drafted Leon, Mangold, Dbrick, Revis, Harris, Sanchez, Keller, Stuckey, Lowery, Ainge, Clemens, Eric Smith, and Brad Smith. He looks like he missed on Gholston. In FAand trades he has landed every big name we pursued, including Pace, Jenkins, Favre, Scott, Jones, Edwards, Sheppard, Leonhard, Strickland, Faneca, Woody.

Please, PLEASE tell me where he has faltered as a GM? The guy has been just short of phenominal in getting the players we need. In the end it has always been the coaching and injuries that have let us down.

Depth is terrible. All throughout this team.

you did not get the word Lowery blows lol

Lowery does blow as a starter, which is par for a 4th rounder. He is good for depth however.

then you shouldn't use him as an example to keep Tanny;)

for his sake i hope he finds a new team, hasn't given up a TD all year

not many Cb's on our team can say that.

for a 2nd year CB i do not think he is bad at all, still learning

Not many DR's out there, many ahmad carrolls and Lito's though

Archived