Big Ben, is he a HOFer?

Jets Babe

If his career were to end today, is Big Ben a HOFer?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. If his career were to end today, is Big Ben a HOFer?

• Yes.
    • No way.

seriously do you think pat fans would be screaming for Tuck rule

after that fumble....Seriously? You did not see Brady performing

a Tuck manuever to convince refs to go look upstairs.

Again for a team to win on that unclear rule and then win a SB where the refs

did not enforce the 5 yd chuck rule ...is a joke.

The rule was the rule. It benefited Vinny T and the Jets in Week 2 of that season.

Did you forgot that after the Pats got the ball back they still had to drive down the field to get within FG range to force OT?

Then the next week they went in to Pittsburgh and won?

You make it sound like after the tuck was called the Pats were crowned SB Champs.

On topic: Ben is not HOF worthy right now. He will probably get in after his career is over.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The rule was the rule. It benefited Vinny T and the Jets in Week 2 of that season.

Did you forgot that after the Pats got the ball back they still had to drive down the field to get within FG range to force OT?

You make it sound like after the tuck was called the Pats were crowned SB Champs.

On topic: Ben is not HOF worthy right now. He will probably get in after his career is over.

helloooooooooo oak in victory formation game over

I think most jet fans admitted the Vinny head over goalline was a terrible

call, i know i did, to be honest i do not remember the Vinny Tuck, do not

think it was in the last 2 minutes of a playoff game though

helloooooooooo oak in victory formation game over

I think most jet fans admitted the Vinny head over goalline was a terrible

call, i know i did, to be honest i do not remember the Vinny Tuck, do not

think it was in the last 2 minutes of a playoff game though

The Pats never should have got the ball back. The Raiders couldn't pick up 1 yard to get the 1st down and ice the game.

Don't bother. Assmop hates anything Patsie. He'll sing Vermonts praises before he'll give NE credit for anything positive. :)

they do not get credit for that one 4sure and you never heard of the

word TUCk, you also knew they lost;)

I sure as heck thought it was a fumble. I'll take it though....I will also take the two winning drives in that game, the Pitt "Cancel those reservations!" game (Thank you Troy!) and the Silence of the Rams.

Hey, remember the game where the awarded Vinny T a touchdown when he was CLEARLY short. Makes yah wonder who was betting on that game, huh? ;)

I sure as heck thought it was a fumble. I'll take it though....I will also take the two winning drives in tha game, the Pitt "Cancel those reservations!" game (Thank you Troy!) and the Silence of the Rams.

Hey, remember the game where the awarded Vinny T a touchdown when he was CLEARLY short. Makes yah wonder who was betting on that game, huh? ;)

I said Vinny Call was atrocious...thank gawd we didn't win SB;)

I said Vinny Call was atrocious...thank gawd we didn't win SB;)

Yah, I'm sure you would have protested - LOL!!!!

I'm telling you, talent is great, impeccable coaching is imprortant, schemes, over-coming adversity, injuries, etc.....all paramount to a winning season. Yet, people forget about luck. Luck is pretty important too. This is why I beleive that Indy will win the SB this year. Talent and luck. Killer combo.

Yah, I'm sure you would have protested - LOL!!!!

I'm telling you, talent is great, impeccable coaching is imprortant, schemes, over-coming adversity, injuries, etc.....all paramount to a winning season. Yet, people forget about luck. Luck is pretty important too. This is why I beleive that Indy will win the SB this year. Talent and luck. Killer combo.

Mo Lewis LOL

Big game for pats, if they win they will win 2nd seed which is big

Indy can be beat, living on edge, jsut like my fantasy season.

stop...vinny's arm was still clearly moving forward......brady had the football back in both of his hands.....not the same. similar, but not the same.

didnt matter

Under 2 minutes and no time outs, game was over and if you were

there u knew it as well

I was there. What an awesome Saturday night in Section 111 at Foxboro.

Since you have probably watched this play a thousand times did you notice that Woodson slapped Brady in the side of the head when he caused the "fumble?"

Not for nothing but you started the entire thing with this post

i think this post sent things into motion

How could anyone seriously deem Handoffburger a HOF'er?

The first time they won, it was possibly the worst performance by a winning QB in Super Bowl history. He did nothing. He handed the ball to Parker & Bettis and the one big passing play they had in the game it was done by Antwaan Randle El. Oh yeah, he got a rushing TD that wasn't really a TD. 'Grats Ben.

He won one Super Bowl by himself, he misses plenty of games, makes tons of stupid decisions, etc.

No, he is not a HOF'er. All he is is a big body playing the position so he can escape a few more sacks, that's about it.

He is no Peyton Manning. He is no Tom Brady. Those are the only two HOF QB's on the field in the NFL right now.

****, Dennis Dixon played better last night than Handoffburger would've.

lol at anyone silly enough to claim Roethlisberger won that superbowl by himself. He made an absolutely perfect, clutch throw to Holmes in the corner of the endzone (requiring Holmes to do some crazy acrobatics of his own), but there was a whole football game that was played before that pass.

And up to that point, Ben had done nothing other than watch his receivers get gobs of yac and zero TD passes and a pick - this, against the NFL's 32nd-ranked pass defense in terms of giving up TD's, giving up over 2 every game. Friggin' Tavaris Jackson threw 4 TD's and 0 picks against Arizona - IN Arizona - like a month earlier.

Here's a video of some choice plays from the SB that Roethlisberger did all by himself.

http://www.nfl.com/superbowl/story?id=09000d5d80e854a5&template=without-video-with-comments&confirm=true

Santonio Holmes getting 25 yac on a 25 yard net sideline screen.

Santonio Holmes getting 5 yac on a 5 yard net sideline screen.

Santonio Holmes getting 3 yac on a 5 yard net quick slant.

Santonio Holmes getting 14 yac on a 14 yard net sideline screen.

Santonio Holmes getting himself so open that no Cardinal was within 6 yards of him (after he was standing still for like a full second, holding both hands out as if to say, "WTF Ben why haven't you thrown it yet?") Roethlisberger hits him where he was all by himself 10 yards downfield, then with Rodgers-Cromartie tripping over his own feet Holmes gets 30 yac on a 40 yard net pass play.

This doesn't include a 100-yard interception return by the defense in a game decided by 4 points.

But sure, Roethlisberger won the superbowl by himself. LOL

He's certainly on his way but he needs more good seasons. if his career ended today he would fall a bit short but as long as he has a few more GOOD seasons he's going to the Hall. Outside of Brady there's not a QB in the NFL I'd rather have lead my team in January.

I'm sorry but qb's who post a 17 passer rating in super bowls dont deserve the hof talk. Ben is going to need another sb w/ mvp and a couple of 30+ td seasons.

Elway had some bad Super Bowls too, but he's a sure HoFer in my book. Marino only made one, and did well in it actually but lost, and he's a definite HoFer as well.

I agree on Ben needing better seasons though, just not the SB w/ MVP talk. If he throws 30+ TD 3500+ seasons maybe 3 more times he is probably in.

Elway had some bad Super Bowls too, but he's a sure HoFer in my book. Marino only made one, and did well in it actually but lost, and he's a definite HoFer as well.

I agree on Ben needing better seasons though, just not the SB w/ MVP talk. If he throws 30+ TD 3500+ seasons maybe 3 more times he is probably in.

At least. Because those two you mentioned were still the only QB's in NFL history with 50,000 passing yards when each got voted in.

Archived