Mafia Game Thread--The Thing

SMC

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'd like to bash the little metrosexual turdboy.. but he's actually good at this game.. And he's much better at scum hunting then being scum.. i'd prefer to keep him around if possible..

we'll see what he's going to come out with now..

I like it.. but not with him at a BB game..

Going to unvote until he gets back on tonight and defends.

Make no mistake, he is still my favorite for scum, and i have a willingness to vote anyone from Crusher, Pac, Jvor, Jif also..

Thats weird.

Thats weird.

I'd prefer to keep crusher around as well, but I'm voting him. scumminess > all

and that was prior to your read through that ended up being a defense of the posts against you 5 minutes prior to your reappearance, which to me reinforced the idea that you had been lurking..

Hmmm...

I voted Crusher around the same time, and while I quoted your post about your sharktooth necklace when I did, it was really the post you made right before it that caught my interest.

Now both of you are talking about the sharktooth case, and the joke it was. Building cases from there. It's curious.

You also quickly unvoted after me as well saying you planned on it. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt on that, but you stink to me right now with DanX juice.

aww I knew you liked me.

You really are an underrated poster.

Thats why I invited you over for my game. It wouldnt be the same without you.

FTR, I think you'z clean. In my synopsis, I was just pointing out how your play can affect the game sometimes.

If I can be serious for a minute this is fishy. Can you point out the exchange you and JVOR had where he said it wasn't productive to be overly analytical on day 1? In fact that's what I've been trying to say all along (see below) and a big reason he's on my radar.

I can see how that would seem fishy. To be honest, I'm confused now because he posted this which I took as pretty much agreeing with my logic...

http://www.jetnation.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1553321&postcount=237

Then I saw this exchange with you...

http://www.jetnation.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1553412&postcount=256

Today at the office I didnt go all the way back and reread. I started from where I left off last night and was rushing posts in the office. But now with you posting that...you were agreeing pretty much exactly with my logic and it seems JVOR was kind of playing both sides of the fence but was accusing you of does just that...I dont recall you changing up your story.

Did I miss that some where?

I'd prefer to keep crusher around as well, but I'm voting him. scumminess > all

and that was prior to your read through that ended up being a defense of the posts against you 5 minutes prior to your reappearance, which to me reinforced the idea that you had been lurking..

Now you are being silly. Defensive? Come'on buddy. Nobody has even voted me nor have omgus anyone up for FOS'ing me. I've played this game enough not be defensive about a FOS. But I always address them because if I dont then I get accussed of ignoring the post. Dont you start this slappy hand game with me nerdling.

When I posted at work...I quickly got in the thread and posted, went back and reread. Didnt even see I28's post about it being suspicious that I wasnt able to post at work or last night because I go to bed at a decent hour. Pretty weak if you ask me and kind of just reinforced my FOS on him.

OFFICIAL VOTE COUNT--DAY 1

JVoR (1) -- Bleedin' Green

Integrity (4) -- slats, Pac, Vicious, AVM

Pac (2) -- Integrity, JVoR

Crusher (2) -- DanX, CTM

With 12 Research Team Members, it takes 7 to torch.

Sorry for my absence. I'm finishing up my Master's degree, so my schedule these days is a bit erratic between work and classes. Some days I have time to sit down at a computer, and other days the best I can hope for is a moment on my iPhone in the bathroom, haha. But I will at least be around most evenings.

To clarify for you, Pac, I voted for you not because you weren't posting in the beginning. I voted because once it was brought up, you appeared and went into overdrive with your confrontational style of play. I didn't see the logic of your attacks against Integrity or your suspicions of CTM's "lobbying" (which he often does). So I wasn't, and still am not, sure if it was a response to the questions asked about you, or if it was you simply being yourself.

I'm suspicious of Integrity for the obvious reason, but since it's only his second game, it's not too far-fetched that he just didn't know what he was doing. I don't feel comfortable lynching him for it right now.

Crusher's case on Pac (to put him a L-2) really caught my eye. And then his explanation ...

What strikes me as weird about this is that he made his big case pretty late, at L-2. At that point, are you really stating a case to see who bites? There were already four people biting. More likely, you're making a case for a lynch. A really easy lynch.

Vote: Crusher

Not to much more I can say about that. Seems to me your busy all day with work and your masters, come back read a few post and make a vote. I trust when you get a chance to read thru the rest of the thread that my actions are that of somebody doing work and looking for scum.

Crusher was my first suspicion of the game, and is still one of my favorites at this point for scum. To be honest however, I didn't want to push to lynch him day 1 if their were other candidates available since i just NK'd him day 1 last game.

That being said, this post has him nailed dead to rights in either a blatant lie or him being a complete bacon brain..

Further, he also unvoted once vic did and BG cast a FOS at the whole lot of them, which caught my eye as backtracking.

I know crusher as scum, and he's basicaly an 800lb butterball of anxiety.. probably not used to lieing at all and doesn't want to let his teammates down by getting nabbed early

Good catch dan..

I'm switching for now

unvote , vote crusher

Wow, just wow bro. How the hell you can be 100% correct and totally contradict yourself at the same time is nothing short of a gift. nothing short.

Your correct. A lot like Slats, I really don;t enjoy being scum. Not a very dishonest nor coniving person by nature. I do my best when I play but anybody who's been scum with me would agree. Unlike Pac "the destroyer" Im a noble Crusher. My favorite roll is to play a town champion like the Cop. My all time favorite roll was when I was the cop and caught and exposed you for the lying treacherous cross dressing zombie you are. Awesome.

So CTM explain what about my play today would indicate I was anxious or worried about being discovered? Cause I switched a couple votes scum hunting? you did that too. Everybody who plays and likes to scum huint does that. Truth is my sweet Boopsie taught me alot of that.

I have been aggressive outspoken and in the limelight the entire game. Not quite the anxious nervous little fella you seem to describe. Im having alot of fun trying to figure this thing out. Personally I think it shows and is obvious.

So once again do your silly pied piper thing that you seem to enjoy but maybe try to actually think it out before you type.

Now you are being silly. Defensive? Come'on buddy. Nobody has even voted me nor have omgus anyone up for FOS'ing me. I've played this game enough not be defensive about a FOS. But I always address them because if I dont then I get accussed of ignoring the post. Dont you start this slappy hand game with me nerdling.

When I posted at work...I quickly got in the thread and posted, went back and reread. Didnt even see I28's post about it being suspicious that I wasnt able to post at work or last night because I go to bed at a decent hour. Pretty weak if you ask me and kind of just reinforced my FOS on him.

I didn't say you were defensive, i said your "imma gunna read and comment" resulted only in a defense of your timely reappearance rather then any real analysis.. Don't put words in my mouth

Wow, just wow bro. How the hell you can be 100% correct and totally contradict yourself at the same time is nothing short of a gift. nothing short.

Your correct. A lot like Slats, I really don;t enjoy being scum. Not a very dishonest nor coniving person by nature. I do my best when I play but anybody who's been scum with me would agree. Unlike Pac "the destroyer" Im a noble Crusher. My favorite roll is to play a town champion like the Cop. My all time favorite roll was when I was the cop and caught and exposed you for the lying treacherous cross dressing zombie you are. Awesome.

So CTM explain what about my play today would indicate I was anxious or worried about being discovered? Cause I switched a couple votes scum hunting? you did that too. Everybody who plays and likes to scum huint does that. Truth is my sweet Boopsie taught me alot of that.

I have been aggressive outspoken and in the limelight the entire game. Not quite the anxious nervous little fella you seem to describe. Im having alot of fun trying to figure this thing out. Personally I think it shows and is obvious.

So once again do your silly pied piper thing that you seem to enjoy but maybe try to actually think it out before you type.

I most certainly didn't describe as "little"..

ever

Lynch All Liars!

I didn't say you were defensive, i said your "imma gunna read and comment" resulted only in a defense of your timely reappearance rather then any real analysis.. Don't put words in my mouth

defense, defensive...whatever...either way, was I not supposed to address multiple posts about it? :cat:

I most certainly didn't describe as "little"..

ever

Lynch All Liars!

Ha! Well played your royal dorkness.

We know, we know you prefer ****.

Like now. I feel strong that you [meaning:Dan X] and Slats are on the same team. Not sure of your alignment, but I think you defending him gives me that.

You also quickly unvoted after me as well saying you planned on it. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt on that, but you stink to me right now with DanX juice.

You guys are a team, aren't you.

Dan's right about me; I was burnt out being scum and I'm thrilled to be town this game. Dan could be right because she's an intelligent, insightful young lady, or she could could be right because she's scum and as a result knows for certain I'm town. I've got no reason to think she's scummy right now, but I just figure I get that out there. There's no actual link between us. So if I go first, the fact that I'll come up town has no bearing on her alignment, or vice versa.

Dan's right about me; I was burnt out being scum and I'm thrilled to be town this game. Dan could be right because she's an intelligent, insightful young lady, or she could could be right because she's scum and as a result knows for certain I'm town. I've got no reason to think she's scummy right now, but I just figure I get that out there. There's no actual link between us. So if I go first, the fact that I'll come up town has no bearing on her alignment, or vice versa.

Well said, Dan.

:puke2:

And the bold is just too much...lol...you cant make this **** up.

:puke2:

And the bold is just too much...lol...you cant make this **** up.

Oh puh-lease. I'm joking around with her, just like you referring to her as your squeeze, no matter how much it hurts Crusher.

Oh puh-lease. I'm joking around with her, just like you referring to her as your squeeze, no matter how much it hurts Crusher.

The :puke2: was referring to your I'm refreshed to be a townie routine.

The bold part is just funny. And I she's my squeeze, she just doesnt know it yet.

We know, we know you prefer ****.

see now.. i left that out there as pac-bait. I figured the little guy could use a win to feel a little better about himself after getting ganged up on today. Little did i know I'd hook the great white whale himself..

Oddly enough, the two strongest town reads i'm getting this game were both scum last game. Slats and CTM have done complete 180s in playstyle and demeanor. Let's see how long that lasts, though.

Vote: JVOR

Too many contradictions.

see now.. i left that out there as pac-bait. I figured the little guy could use a win to feel a little better about himself after getting ganged up on today. Little did i know I'd hook the great white whale himself..

I feel so free that I'm posting naked right now. :Typotux:

Back to Back

:bwahaharoll:

Just as Slats' happiness this game doesn't guarantee he's town, as I've already said. Maybe the game setup gives both townies and non-townies some sort of puzzle to work out. I wouldn't know, since I'm innocent. The point is, as of right now, his changed playing style points more to him being town than scum.

Crusher has been on a scum team with both of us, so he of all people should know that if we were teammates I wouldn't so blatantly defend Slats. I only spoke up because Slats is my mafia twin, and I've been watching and feeling really bad for him the last couple of games. If Slats is playing me right now, he's doing a great job.

http://www.jetnation.com/forums/show...&postcount=256

http://www.jetnation.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1553881&postcount=368

http://www.jetnation.com/forums/show...&postcount=237

Dont know, but the 3 posts are just all over the place.

In one hand you are saying dont say anything, in another you are all about the mechanics, and then your most recent you out of no where drop in and just proclaim for no apparent reason that you have a town read on CTM and Slats as if they were even part of the discussion. Its contradictory to what you've been preaching. And I dont like it. I dont like a couple of things that have happened so far...but this I dont like the most so it got my vote.

My case on Pac was supposed to catch your eye. Thats how Big Crush rolls girl. I already stated that the case on Integrity looks more like a noob caught in the headlights. The JVOR case was just as bad because I felt he was actually making some pro-town choices.

Now everyone knows Pac is a loud mouth and a target. By jumping on him at L2 I was hoping to see if someone actually made the vote to L1. This would be pretty damming in my experience. But moreso it's what I do to scumhunt and get people to start talking.

That's what I don't understand ... Pac was already talking, quite a bit, and had been for over 12 hours. Making a big case against someone at L-2 seems likely to a) give scum an easy out to finish off a lynch, and/or B) convince some more townies to jump on and finish off the lynch.

So normally I don't feel too strongly about a day 1 vote right now I feel great about putting a vote on Crusher, I28, or JVOR.... Initially I28 and JVOR caught my eye with the overdose of superfluous info but Crusher putting me at L2 with one of the worst cases I've ever seen has me scratching my head...

Just when I'm trying to shrug it off he comes back with a slue of gentle giant posts detailing his thought process:

stock-photo-closeup-x-ray-of-a-male-skeleton-with-a-hamster-running-in-a-wheel-in-his-head-for-the-concept-of-3019241.jpg

At this point I'm confused but I'll keep my vote where it is until the Yankee Clipper comes back and adds some thoughts.

Well said, Dan.

Thank you.:)

If this game gets anymore Lifetime TV I will vote vote my damn self.

11:53 AM

As has been stated, I would expect a lot of "3rd party" roles who's interest diverge from the rest of the town. So basically, just because someone is not the thing does not mean they are good for the town. Hard to speculate what those are at this point, not enough info right now but it'll become clear soon.

I don't see a "cult" in the traditional sense as a 3rd party figure, but I suppose it's possible. I think it's more likely that "the thing" or the mafia is able to convert. But who knows, again not enough info given. It's just obvious that conversion to the dark side is very real in this game and should very much make the traditional power roles be very careful in a reveal (if they exist this game)

11:57 AM

Maybe this is a reach- but what about the possibility that the "Thing" can ONLY convert, while the other group is a bunch of crazies who kill people at night they think the Thing is?

Thing wins when they have more of them

Other group wins when they've killed off the thing

Town wins if both groups are gone?

12:02PM

It's definitely possible. Reminiscent of the red scare game, or the effect it tried to achieve.

Continuous conversion is a bit strong though, even if you did start with only one thing. Honestly, there's a crapload of possibilities, outside of probing it for the possibilities, it's really too difficult to tell until something revealing occurs.

could be conversion probabilities, a limited number of conversions, etc.

I just hope SMC let's us know if a conversion occurs in a death scene. Part of my complaint with the Zombie game was there was absolutely no indication that our very real cop was converted. From our perspective, it looked like mafia just fake claiming cop.

12:05 PM

I also might add, I highly doubt there is continuous conversion with no consequence. It presents a very unbalancing problem when you could potentially have 2 things during a day phase. Even you lynch one, the number crops back up to 2 the very next day and the cycle continues.

But anyways,

vote: AVM

It wouldn't be a mafia game if i never did at some point.

Vicious quotes my posts and asks me a question about it. I give my thoughts and other potential thoughts at the start of day one. In the span of 20 minutes I talk about my thoughts on the game mechanics. After that I don't even bring it up again until Pac claims i'm blathering on and on about it.

I really don't see what the hell the big deal is about discussing what's possible in this setup at the start of the day. Dragging on about it and not letting it go? yes. But i never did that. Nor did I ever say that discussion should not be had at all. Who does that help exactly? You need some basic grasp about what's to be expected this game. Talk about a lot being made out of nothing. After that it was all about who's in the game.

Also, there was JUST discussion about Slats within the past hour. How was it out of nowhere that I talk about what I thought about Slats. I just included CTM because that was the other name that's giving me a strong indication right now.

Are you looking at my posts in a vacuum or something, JiF? Look at what's around it.

Just as Slats' happiness this game doesn't guarantee he's town, as I've already said. Maybe the game setup gives both townies and non-townies some sort of puzzle to work out. I wouldn't know, since I'm innocent. The point is, as of right now, his changed playing style points more to him being town than scum.

Crusher has been on a scum team with both of us, so he of all people should know that if we were teammates I wouldn't so blatantly defend Slats. I only spoke up because Slats is my mafia twin, and I've been watching and feeling really bad for him the last couple of games. If Slats is playing me right now, he's doing a great job.

Frist of all that game I was on vacation in MYrtle Beach with my family. Not really as focus as I like to be, secondly you where Dan X the dude back then, and I really don;t remmebr much about you except you sorta reminded me of slats.

I never said you where both scum, simply said that I think your on the same team. Be it the good team or the bad team.

That's what I don't understand ... Pac was already talking, quite a bit, and had been for over 12 hours. Making a big case against someone at L-2 seems likely to a) give scum an easy out to finish off a lynch, and/or B) convince some more townies to jump on and finish off the lynch.

No sillyness. Not get Pac talking, thats like getting a Bullimic to puke. He does enough of that on his own.

I do it to see how people will react, and since this is a message board where people type their thoughts, talk.

Go back and read my argument. If any townie read that and jumped on board I would have called them on it and try to lynch them because they would be the dumb and seem like scum to me . Go read it, I bascially said we should lynch Pac because he's an enormous prick who gets townie's lynch. Though that may be true, hardly a manipulative ploy to trick townies to lynch.

I'm going to have to agree with the case on crusher. I suck as a townie I'm basically a mindless sheep especially day 1.

Vote: Crusher

Don't worry about it Vic. Mindless seems to be the trend in this game. You just jump from bandwagon to bandwagon adding nothing, I try and get people to expose their selves and I get voted for. Just silly at this point.

Archived