Mafia Game Thread--The Thing

SMC

Jif now has 7 posts in the game thread... none of them particularly "serious" in nature, including the vote he placed on Crusher which had me snooping around. The post above was his last, and since then he has been silent.

Very FOS... To talk about the benefits of sitting back and letting it happen, and to suddenly disappear.

Indeed, FOS: JiF for sure. For the record, tonight is the night you'll be gone, correct?

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I know... In my defense someone has to be the a-hole or we'd be sitting here twiddling our thumbs for a week.

And again I welcome talk about the couple possibilities that exist but this isn't calculus. The opening scene is pretty cut and dry in terms of what looks to be going on. I think spending time overanalyzing every detail tends to get people paying more attention to possible roles than looking for the Xena's. At this point I think we should concentrate on the latter and re-visit the game mechanics once we've had a night phase and are more equipped to theorize.

Waiting through a night phase is going to do nothing but allow the scum to increase their numbers.

You just seem like you are trying too hard to rush people to vote, without thinking.

Pac- Oh Pac. Our lady friends second choice. He did seem to come into the game quiet and got to be Pac "the destroyer" rather quickly when called on it. Also his case against Integerity kinda border on bullying, which is 100% normal for Pac, but still makes me nervous. Pac is such a hard call because he is usually so brutal as town it's hard to get a feel for him as scum. Though Vic's talk about the timing of Pac's typical nonsense actually makes sense to me. It does seem l.ike Pac caught himself not being Pac enough and decided to go ito full Pac mode. Plus to put it bluntly, short of him possibly having a town role, he is really not of much value to the town. Some may say an actual detriment, alot like his palsy walsy CTM.

So I'll vote: PAC

Partly because of his timing coming into the game and then deciding to get all Paccy on everyone and secodnly because if an innocent does die today it may as well be the second most dangerous one to the town. If he got somevotes I would also kill CTM for the same reason. Well that and for fun.

Holy crap this may be the biggest load of horse shi- I've ever read in a mafia game!

a) I'm not going to address why I wasn't around until last night again. I've done it like 5 times so if you don't understand by now you never will

B) You didn't notice last game but I was the first to go after Slats and the first to call out Jetscode.. both of who were scum. I also basically ran into a room filled with Vic, Slats, and Jetscode with a bomb vest on and took one for the team. 1 townie took out 3 mafia yet I'm "detrimental to the town". :rolleyes:

c) If you guys don't like me getting pushy maybe you should stop calling for it every time I stop for 5 minutes

d) don't ever link me to that doosh CTM again

and

e) I'm innocent and active. 2 things this town will need to win in a game like this. If it makes you warm and fuzzy to vote me off go for it.

Indeed, FOS: JiF for sure. For the record, tonight is the night you'll be gone, correct?

Yes. Thanks for mentioning it.

REMINDER:

Since we are getting started today. I am going to put this out there to be "on the record" before we have our roles assigned... so its obvious there is nothing to read into it.

I have Red Sox / Yankees tickets tomorrow (WEDNESDAY NIGHT!), and my friend and his wife will be up visiting with my God Daughter. So my participation will be sparse tomorrow night into Thursday morning.

I will NOT BE ONLINE this evening... 'cause I'll be @ the game!

You do realize your everybit the doosh i am, don't you?

we should stick together.. it's doosh's like jif who pretend not to be that are the real enemy

Yes. Thanks for mentioning it.

REMINDER:

I will NOT BE ONLINE this evening... 'cause I'll be @ the game!

MOD NOTE: Research Team, if you're going to torch Integrity do it before the game.

:D

ok unvote

vote JVOR

2 reasons...

1 - no one has so much as looked at him wrong (mafia usually skate on day 1 with little to no pressure)

2 - he's filling the thread with a lot of blather.. again an oft used scum tactic to muddy the waters

Holy crap this may be the biggest load of horse shi- I've ever read in a mafia game!

a) I'm not going to address why I wasn't around until last night again. I've done it like 5 times so if you don't understand by now you never will

b) You didn't notice last game but I was the first to go after Slats and the first to call out Jetscode.. both of who were scum. I also basically ran into a room filled with Vic, Slats, and Jetscode with a bomb vest on and took one for the team. 1 townie took out 3 mafia yet I'm "detrimental to the town". :rolleyes:

c) If you guys don't like me getting pushy maybe you should stop calling for it every time I stop for 5 minutes

and

e) I'm innocent and active. 2 things this town will need to win in a game like this. If it makes you warm and fuzzy to vote me off go for it.

Thats part of it. Even when you do have the mafia nailed no one wants to listen to you because your you. I actually commented that early on you had two of them FOS, Yet again everyone has you pegged as the Doc and cop killer. If you remember the town lost last game. So maybe you should relax on the back patting.

Jif now has 7 posts in the game thread... none of them particularly "serious" in nature, including the vote he placed on Crusher which had me snooping around. The post above was his last, and since then he has been silent.

Very FOS... To talk about the benefits of sitting back and letting it happen, and to suddenly disappear.

Busy morning fellas...finally got some time to get caught up. I'll post my opinions in a sec after I go back and read.

Don't like this at all

Agreed. Very conspicuous re-entry into the game.

Go back and read the posts he's actually made in this game.... no substance.

Something worth watching.

MOD NOTE: Research Team, if you're going to torch Integrity do it before the game.

:D

Good call..

unvote

Vote Integrity

Looks like he and I are sharing a spotlight.. I know I'm innocent... not so sure about him...

Thats part of it. Even when you do have the mafia nailed no one wants to listen to you because your you. I actually commented that early on you had two of them FOS, Yet again everyone has you pegged as the Doc and cop killer. If you remember the town lost last game. So maybe you should relax on the back patting.

Who was pushing that "don't listen to Pac because he's Pac" crap last game? Vic and Slats... what was their alliance?

Agreed. Very conspicuous re-entry into the game.

Go back and read the posts he's actually made in this game.... no substance.

Something worth watching.

I'd like to bash the little metrosexual turdboy.. but he's actually good at this game.. And he's much better at scum hunting then being scum.. i'd prefer to keep him around if possible..

we'll see what he's going to come out with now..

Good call..

unvote

Vote Integrity

Looks like he and I are sharing a spotlight.. I know I'm innocent... not so sure about him...

Another unfounded OMGUS vote.

You still don't have a legit case against me.

Another unfounded OMGUS vote.

You still don't have a legit case against me.

correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the main contention from you and the other baboons flinging your feces that I wasn't actively posting for the first 9 hours of the game?

That's one hell of a rock solid case there...

Unvote: Pac

Don't like the speed of the train.

Seems like a familiar tactic by scum from last game... Pac voted for me only a couple posts previous to this, and Vic just tilted the scales towards me... for those keeping track.

Shady.

Why do you think they where pushing it? Because you have earned that reputation.

It was 1 game with Alts for cripes sake! ahh whatever Crush..

I still think you're swell even though you're wrong about this.

Admittedly... My quick unvote of Crusher was a bad decision. As Dan X pointed out to me, I didn't realize it would draw this much attention/suspicion to me. Had I known this would be the outcome, I simply would have asked JIF to explain his case vs. Crusher instead.

Anyway, I will check in sporadically before I leave for the day. Don't let my stupid mistake turn into a collective stupid mistake for the town.

My case on Crusher was simple. He's my muffin top, nobody knows me better and I hate it when he says I wear a sharks tooth necklace.

Also, since we've never played before...its my style to make humorous bogus cases to see if someone is actually dumb enough to follow...and quite a few people did. You included.

Don't like this at all

Its cool, I dont like you at all.

However, me being busy at work is a good thing. It means I make more money. And its consistent with my mod timing too...had to do a lot of catching up and needed you guys to keep up with the vote count.

I did not "suddenly disappear"...like 28 implied. I posted last night, went to bed watching Its Always Sunny in Philly on Hulu, woke up, went to a meeting, had a big wig in my office for 3 hours, now he's gone, now I post.

So this, if serious, its concerning. I've been busy at work, have been since I started the Land of Fat and Happy. Everyone should know this...I've posted as much as I can, when I can.

You do realize your everybit the doosh i am, don't you?

we should stick together.. it's doosh's like jif who pretend not to be that are the real enemy

ih8u

BTW - jealousy is a wasted emotion

correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the main contention from you and the other baboons flinging your feces that I wasn't actively posting for the first 9 hours of the game?

That's one hell of a rock solid case there...

I believe its a better case than OMGUS.

The real case against you is your assertion that we should NOT be discussing the game setup, instead we should just vote with the momentum and think about it later. You are clearly trying to direct momentum away from you.

Its cool, I dont like you at all.

However, me being busy at work is a good thing. It means I make more money. And its consistent with my mod timing too...had to do a lot of catching up and needed you guys to keep up with the vote count.

I did not "suddenly disappear"...like 28 implied. I posted last night, went to bed watching Its Always Sunny in Philly on Hulu, woke up, went to a meeting, had a big wig in my office for 3 hours, now he's gone, now I post.

So this, if serious, its concerning. I've been busy at work, have been since I started the Land of Fat and Happy. Everyone should know this...I've posted as much as I can, when I can.

cute.. but the thing not to like is your reemergence out of whatever big wig's ass you had been firmly implanted in occured about 5 minutes after being called out on your abscence.

Certainly a talented scum hunter such as yourself can connect the dots on what this could imply

ih8u

BTW - jealousy is a wasted emotion

you're BFF's with klecko and hang out irl. never jealous of you, could i be. Pity is better word

My case on Crusher was simple. He's my muffin top, nobody knows me better and I hate it when he says I wear a sharks tooth necklace.

Also, since we've never played before...its my style to make humorous bogus cases to see if someone is actually dumb enough to follow...and quite a few people did. You included.

Yeah, I had no idea wtf any of you were really talking about early on.

I figured a vote on Crusher, following yours, would let us know how you really felt. What I didn't know was the part it being your style to make "humorous bogus cases."

Thanks for that. :rolleyes::D

cute.. but the thing not to like is your reemergence out of whatever big wig's ass you had been firmly implanted in occured about 5 minutes after being called out on your abscence.

Certainly a talented scum hunter such as yourself can connect the dots on what this could imply

This.

It basically makes it obvious that he has time to lurk within a 5 minute margin of when his name is brought up... but we are expected to believe that he is pre-occupied with work.

This.

It basically makes it obvious that he has time to lurk within a 5 minute margin of when his name is brought up... but we are expected to believe that he is pre-occupied with work.

and his read through and comment was focused solely on self defense and playing a little grab ass with the guys.. the fruity little prick..

a lot more then that has transpired since he last graced us with his under rated presence..

OFFICIAL VOTE COUNT--DAY 1

JVoR (2) -- Pac, Bleedin' Green

Integrity (2) -- CTM, slats

Pac (5) -- Integrity, Vicious, JVoR, DanX, Crusher

Sharrow (1) -- AVM

With 12 Research Team Members, it takes 7 to torch.

There were 12 players in the last game, and it took 8 players to torch on day one. Not 7.

This means there are either 5 scum.

OR some combination of scum and independent roles that add up to 5, no?

THIS is why it makes sense to consider the set up btw, PAC!

There were 12 players in the last game, and it took 8 players to torch on day one. Not 7.

We had 15 players.

Nevermind... I've got one foot out the door here. There were 15 players last game.

I need to check on this **** first, type about it second... :shutit:

Yeah, how foolish to not trust a guy who doesn't even know his own role three days into the game. We should've trusted you just because you said so. But of course, everything is always someone else's fault, right?

errr... I think you're making the typo out to be something more than it was but enjoy your bashing.

Archived