Mafia Game Thread--The Thing

SMC

Dude I did the best I can with it and sorry its not up to your specifications. I did monitor the thread and explained that I didnt jump off too quick because Lemming Vic jumped off so I waited it out. If people read the thread all the way thru they might have a clue. But no people hide out with life excuses, no disrespect but i own two business, have 5 chicldren, and assistant coach numerous after school activities my kids are in. I hAVE FORGOTTEN MORE ABOUT BEING BUSY THAN MOST HERE WILL EVER KNOW. I play teh mafi because its fun and a little escape. I sneak on when I can and explain when Im not. People who pop in read three psot then vote and blame their lack of activity on their so clalled busy life. Seem way more summy to me. how many damn time has everyopne used the my life is busy line as scum.. How many time CTM? but its still good around here. Amazing

Aww, Crusher. I know you love this game, and I appreciate all the effort you put into it. You're my favorite person to have in mafia games because you make them so much more fun. :D

I just don't want to fall into the trap of basing my votes off of who I like the best or who seems to care about the game the most. I'm really trying to figure out who seems the most scum-like to me. When I find somewhere better to put my vote, I promise I will.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oh boy... group hug time?

fwiw.. Pac and I actually communicate over PM and have a fine relationship.. We both like to bust balls, both on the giving and receiving end, and pac has several times reached out to me to make sure he hasn't went to far.

Rumor over, pac isn't the ahole dickbag he plays on these forums..

can we go back to mafia now?

Crusher is very emotional, where are you in your cycle? Are your breasts swelling?

What about Klecko?

Apparently you don't get my humor. Fair enough - can't please everyone. I still think you're a stand up dude though.

p.s. my "anger and frustration" are an act Crush... sorry you don't see that.

Pac did you really take that post as anything more than my sense of humor? I know its an act, I noticed that when we played the game with the alts. you really channeled your inner gangster. Very funny actually. Before all else its about fun. Truth is I like you Pac. Like really like you. Like I wish I could be your Fat Hungry Lady Friend like you. by the way i would never pester you and be clingey. I just take up alot of space.

MOD NOTE: Integrity didn't get to L-1 before the end of the Yankee-Red Sox game, so my preemptive disallow of the hammer vote is lifted.

Also, (at least for now), I'm AMENDING THE RULES.

NO MIDNIGHT MASSACRES ON A WEEKDAY.

That means, I am preemptively disallowing any hammer vote that occurs after midnight during the weekday.

For a practical reason, I'm off the game thread after midnight so you'd have to wait for the death post until the morning anyway. Plus, there is a likelihood that the potential torch victim won't get a final word in nor would others who are asleep.

If the players think this is a bad rule for now, let me know.

I know Vicious is on the westcoast so that may negatively impact him. Let me know your thoughts on this.

I don't have a preference. This rule would certainly help me to fall asleep earlier, but then again, the midnight massacres are such an integral part of the drama of the game.

ok, you are a dickbag..

you win

lol... thanks for the back up dude but it's alright if he thinks I suck. There's a couple exes that probably agree.

Soooo.... I definitely like where my vote is now.

Pac did you really take that post as anything more than my sense of humor? I know its an act, I noticed that when we played the game with the alts. you really channeled your inner gangster. Very funny actually. Before all else its about fun. Truth is I like you Pac. Like really like you. Like I wish I could be your Fat Hungry Lady Friend like you. by the way i would never pester you and be clingey. I just take up alot of space.

my guess.. someone got into the estrogen pills earlier today, at a whole bunch like they were M&M's and only now is it wearing off..

I don't know how to react to all these kind words.... doesss nott computteee..

:cheers:

thanks Crush... ok lets play da mafia.

Aww, Crusher. I know you love this game, and I appreciate all the effort you put into it. You're my favorite person to have in mafia games because you make them so much more fun. :D

I just don't want to fall into the trap of basing my votes off of who I like the best or who seems to care about the game the most. I'm really trying to figure out who seems the most scum-like to me. When I find somewhere better to put my vote, I promise I will.

Im just a little frustrated right now. So thanx.

Vic and BG are players I naturally see as clean...but, something about Vic this game sticks out. Something about his play reminds me of last game. I can't exactly find one thing or another, but it's something about his voting/explanations. Could just be that he was scum last game, and so I'm feeling like he is playing the same style. Could be nothing, but I dunno. Just a very light FOS IMO.

Off the top of your head, can you think of anything more specific? I'm willing to look back at his posts in the meantime.

it's your game, but honestly i think this is a bad rule..to much mod intervention, too much townie protection from themselves.

Again, I'll play by your rules and be happy, just offering my 2 cents since you opened the floor for it

As a former mod, I value your judgment (even if you f'd me over in your modded game). You make a good point. Pac makes a good point as well. Plus, it's past midnight and I'm still following the thread.

MOD NOTE: UPON FURTHER REVIEW ...

MIDNIGHT MASSACRES ARE ALLOWED.

Carry on.

OFFICIAL VOTE COUNT--DAY 1

JVoR (2) -- Bleedin' Green, JiF

Integrity (3) -- slats, AVM, CTM

Pac (2) -- Integrity, JVoR

Crusher (2) -- DanX, Pac

With 12 Research Team Members, it takes 7 to torch.

I was all ready to come back in and vote for the big man, especially after re-reading the post where he removed his vote from Pac. There's no mention here of scum hunting, just that he changed his mind.

Im really struggling here. I keep reading this thread and though caustic as usual Pac is really just being Pac. So hard with him because he's an absolute a tool as a townie and so easy to want to kill.

Bleeding Green's post about Pac being easy to go after because he is such an overeactvie toolbag is kinda hitting me like Danx's defense of Slats. Kinda makes sense.

Yet neither JVOR or Integrity is pinging me. So rather than take the easy way out and lynch old nasty caustic smelly Pac Im going to back off and re-read. But if I find out at the end of the game Bleedin and Pac are scummates and I was duped I will beat you both over the head with a stick of pepperoni. then eat it cause it's yummy.

Also Pac did do a good job last game locating the scum just is such a dink nobody wanted to listen to him. Besides it's kinda funner to verbally abuse him than lynch him. At least for now.

unvote

But in response to a direct accusation from me, he did say almost immediately that he was, indeed, doing exactly what he's saying now.

Actually Slats it's exactly what I like to do when I scum hunt. I find someone who is an easy mark. Spit a case to get people looking at it. jump on and see who bites. The thing is Vic jumped off and that lowered Pac to L3. So I hung out a little and read what everyone typed and the reactions it got. Bleedin made a great point and I listened and decided I hung out enough. Truth be told I would still kill Slats but more interested on doing my best to find scum. Dan X defense of you is the only reason I came off you earlier.

Crusher's dropping off my radar for now.

There were 12 players in the last game, and it took 8 players to torch on day one. Not 7.

This means there are either 5 scum.

OR some combination of scum and independent roles that add up to 5, no?

THIS is why it makes sense to consider the set up btw, PAC!

When Integrity comes back, I want to hear a little more about this post.

5 scum would be ridiculous, that would be a night 1 win with a failed lynch and successful conversion. That was way too far out there; I know you said you were being stupid or whatever afterward, but I think you're brighter than that. That post gave me a feeling that you're overacting as a noob for cover.

btw.. if crusher is scum, that fast bastard is having quite a laugh at our expense right now.. this would be one of the best fake outs in JN mafia history if legit

Haha! No doubt! I was prepared to come in and hammer after reading this post, which looked like really scummy excuse making to me...

No sillyness. Not get Pac talking, thats like getting a Bullimic to puke. He does enough of that on his own.

I do it to see how people will react, and since this is a message board where people type their thoughts, talk.

Go back and read my argument. If any townie read that and jumped on board I would have called them on it and try to lynch them because they would be the dumb and seem like scum to me . Go read it, I bascially said we should lynch Pac because he's an enormous prick who gets townie's lynch. Though that may be true, hardly a manipulative ploy to trick townies to lynch.

...but then saw that he said the same thing at the time. I couldn't believe it. :lol:

I reread Vic's posts. I guess what I notice is his suggestion of a deadline, followed by joining trains without contributing much new information. The deadline suggestion on its own isn't scummy at all, but may be so when coupled with his recent play. So, vote: Vicious.

btw.. if crusher is scum, that fast bastard is having quite a laugh at our expense right now.. this would be one of the best fake outs in JN mafia history if legit

Haha, I would never trust another word out of his mouth. :P

I reread Vic's posts. I guess what I notice is his suggestion of a deadline, followed by joining trains without contributing much new information. The deadline suggestion on its own isn't scummy at all, but may be so when coupled with his recent play. So, vote: Vicious.

Fair enough. Honestly I can't say I have much to offer.

- Crush seemed to be more aggressive than usual

- PAC was away and his timing seemed all to convenient

- I28 seems to be jumping on any train that isn't himself

Right now my biggest fos is on I28, but we have to wait on him, second is the crush, third is PAC.

I feel like I'm just regurgitating information, which is why ive kept quiet. I am just not a good day 1 player, I learn more from votes and trains. If that's not an acceptable exxplanation than I'm sorry.

First off, thanks for the leeway for tonight's ball game. It was fun, my friend actually called the Granderson homerun to that exact section of the park. I'm not a Yankee fan, but my God Daughter is... and this was her very first game (@ 10 months old), and her Yankees won. So its hard for me to be disappointed. ;) I'm not a hater, I just like good baseball.

I have read most of the posts from tonight, and am relieved to still be part of the game. I will do my best to address the questions and cases directed at me.

http://www.jetnation.com/forums/show...&postcount=256

http://www.jetnation.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1553881&postcount=368

http://www.jetnation.com/forums/show...&postcount=237

Dont know, but the 3 posts are just all over the place.

In one hand you are saying dont say anything, in another you are all about the mechanics, and then your most recent you out of no where drop in and just proclaim for no apparent reason that you have a town read on CTM and Slats as if they were even part of the discussion. Its contradictory to what you've been preaching. And I dont like it. I dont like a couple of things that have happened so far...but this I dont like the most so it got my vote.

Of those three links, only the second one works for me. Could be this disease ridden computer at work, but are they working for everyone else? I wanna see this case on JVoR. Not buying it at this hour.

Oh, I probably won't be back on 'til lunchtime eastern when I get back out of bed.

Fair enough. Honestly I can't say I have much to offer.

- Crush seemed to be more aggressive than usual

- PAC was away and his timing seemed all to convenient

- I28 seems to be jumping on any train that isn't himself

Right now my biggest fos is on I28, but we have to wait on him, second is the crush, third is PAC.

I feel like I'm just regurgitating information, which is why ive kept quiet. I am just not a good day 1 player, I learn more from votes and trains. If that's not an acceptable exxplanation than I'm sorry.

I didn't have to go too far to find the first scummy post to respond to. :rolleyes:

I have gone through almost this whole thread, and one thing is obvious... while I was stupid to vote and unvote Crusher very quickly early on, I haven't done much but defend myself since. So the assertion that I am "jumping on any train I can" other than my own (which would be retarded) is just flat out bullcrap... because I have been too busy defending myself against to be "train jumping."

I voted for Crusher early on, for the feeble reasons I have stated multiple times. Lame? Yes. Scum? Not a chance. Sine then, I have thrown out some FOS... but I have held my vote on Pac without wavering since my vote on Crusher. 2 votes so far.

The vote on Crusher wasn't meant to do anything but vaildate Jif's vote. It worked, he quickly unvoted Crusher and so did I. There was no substance to that case at the time, and it was obvious.

The other vote on Pac was NOT a bandwagon vote. How could it be? I think I was the FIRST vote on Pac.

So explain to me how that is a pattern of bandwagoning (which is your central claim against me)?

You said I am jumping on any vote I can... but the truth is I made 2 votes all game (fewer than you have) and I have at least tried to make cases for them... while YOU have done nothing to make cases, you just keep shifting your vote in the direction of momentum.

In addition to yet another just from one train to possibly another.... I have noticed a distinct difference in your approach to this game. Last game you were uber townie guy. NOBODY doubted you, and you ended up scum. Now your personality is quite a bit different as you keep changing your vote, without explanation.

Seems to me that Vic is posturing to change his vote with the momentum again... I've got to go back and see just how many abrupt vote/unvotes he has weighed in with.

If I am under scrutiny for a stupid quick vote/unvote in the early hours of this game... then VIC should be under major scrutiny for doing it multiple times throughout the game.

When Integrity comes back, I want to hear a little more about this post.

5 scum would be ridiculous, that would be a night 1 win with a failed lynch and successful conversion. That was way too far out there; I know you said you were being stupid or whatever afterward, but I think you're brighter than that. That post gave me a feeling that you're overacting as a noob for cover.

I counted wrong. Frankly I have a history of typing first, fact-checking second...

I mistook my last game for a 12 person game, it was actually 15. Not much of a conspiracy. No over-acting, just thought I was on to something with the game setup.

Curious why it took you 40+ pages to contribute, and THIS (:confused:) is how you decided to vote.

I will unvote before he gets hammerd without speaking up.. don't you worry

I appreciate the rational outlook.

So my question is this... do you still think this (on page 11 of a 45+ page day one) is shadier than the play of Crusher, Slats, Sharrow, Jif, Pac and most specifically Vic? To name a few...

Not much to go on here...

I could go with Crusher, as he seems to be at the nexus of all the nonsense talk. Is he genuinely fooling around, or is there more to it? Not sure yet.

I could go with Slats, as he feels overly compelled to prove why his sudden activity is easily explained by his innocence. Pac will probably continue to push the issue here... which will get us more exposure to his case.

So, I'm going with...

VOTE: CRUSHER

I wrote that vote post as genuinely as everything I wrote in the first game. I flat out said I was contemplating Slats and Crusher. I figured I could rely on Pac to get more out of Slats, and I wanted to us my own vote to see if Crusher was scum.

Basically "throwing" stuff out there to see what kind of reaction it gets... a strategy that multiple players in this game have said they employ themselves.

I implore you to tell me why the post above makes a better case against me, than case against Vic for instance and his momentum votes.

I think I need to see where this goes.

Now you are being silly. Defensive? Come'on buddy. Nobody has even voted me nor have omgus anyone up for FOS'ing me. I've played this game enough not be defensive about a FOS. But I always address them because if I dont then I get accussed of ignoring the post. Dont you start this slappy hand game with me nerdling.

When I posted at work...I quickly got in the thread and posted, went back and reread. Didnt even see I28's post about it being suspicious that I wasnt able to post at work or last night because I go to bed at a decent hour. Pretty weak if you ask me and kind of just reinforced my FOS on him.

I posted this at 2:24 PM. A simple FOS post... as you can see it says nothing about you being able to post at work. It points out your new found affinity for the sit back and watch strategy. Once I said it, you showed up with your first serious repsonse...

Jif now has 7 posts in the game thread... none of them particularly "serious" in nature, including the vote he placed on Crusher which had me snooping around. The post above was his last, and since then he has been silent.

Very FOS... To talk about the benefits of sitting back and letting it happen, and to suddenly disappear.

You posted this at 2:29 PM. THIS was the most serious post you had made in the game to this point... a clear cut reaction to being called out.

Busy morning fellas...finally got some time to get caught up. I'll post my opinions in a sec after I go back and read.

Meh. You never actually posted these opinions. If you did, it wasn't in a timely manner.

Archived