jets short list

bitonti

post holmes trade

Devin McCourty

Taylor Mays

Everson Griffen

Terrence Cody

at least 1 of those names is gone but those 4 are big names as value and need. other CB like kareem Jackson or robinson might be in there... other dl like joseph, alualu, or carrington maybe... maybe an edge rusher who falls like Hughes or Graham (wishful thinking)

but this sounds about right... I dont think the Jets want to take a player that was considered a mid rounder up until a few weeks ago. They are risk takers in trades but are pretty safe players in the draft. the 4 names in that list are relatively big names... and if they are all gone they would take a Ryan Mathews or other "big name" over a sleeper.

Brandon Graham = LaMar Woodley

I want this guy on our team.

me too ghost

believe it or not there are several scenarios where he makes it to 29

i wont go through all the ins-and-outs but basically we need players like Bruce Campbell, Ryan Mathews and others to be off the board by 29.

Devin McCourty

Taylor Mays

Everson Griffen

Terrence Cody

Unless somebody like Graham or Iupati falls, I think we're locked into corner and will settle for Jackson or Robinson if McCourty is off the board.

Unless somebody like Graham or Iupati falls, I think we're locked into corner and will settle for Jackson or Robinson if McCourty is off the board.

I've been thinking this scenario as well, especially knowing Rex's obession with CB's. However, we also know the team is on the market for an edge rusher and I could see us taking Griffen if he's available.

me too ghost

believe it or not there are several scenarios where he makes it to 29

i wont go through all the ins-and-outs but basically we need players like Bruce Campbell, Ryan Mathews and others to be off the board by 29.

I'm affraid the Pats are going to take him. But I have a feeling that they might go towards drafting a WR.

Drafting a corner would be like drafting another WR. they have uncertainty in paying/not paying Revis/Cromartie/both or neither.

McCourty is on my list because if the value is right they can do it, especially if the guy can return... but they aren't gonna reach for a corner because they "need" one.

Settle for Jackson or Robinson? I'd take either over McCourty on a pure talent basis...well Jackson's pretty similar I guess...I'd take a Saban coached DB though...even if I really, really like what Schiano is doing for Rutgers football.

Give me Odrick, Hughes, McCourty, Robinson, Mays or trade back; it's that simple. There are really no other options. I hope its one of the first three guys or we trade back. Odrick, Jenkins and Ellis would be a scary sick line. Here is a place where we need a talented young player. If Cromartie pans out our corners are set for the next 5 years plus, but I don't know where our DLine will be in two or three years.

McCourty is on my list because if the value is right they can do it, especially if the guy can return... but they aren't gonna reach for a corner because they "need" one.

Settle for Jackson or Robinson? I'd take either over McCourty on a pure talent basis...

Okay. So on top of everything else I like about my list we can add that it's evidently an inflection point in terms of relative value. I'm not really expressing any opinions here. Just going on our standard operating procedure for first rounders narrows it to roughly Robinson, Pouncey, McCourty and/or Davis, Cody and/or Jackson, and Jared Odrick. I think the most reasonable inference is that Cody and Davis are counterfeits and we're taking a corner. We'll see.

post holmes trade

Devin McCourty

Taylor Mays

Everson Griffen

Terrence Cody

at least 1 of those names is gone but those 4 are big names as value and need. other CB like kareem Jackson or robinson might be in there... other dl like joseph, alualu, or carrington maybe... maybe an edge rusher who falls like Hughes or Graham (wishful thinking)

Thanks !

I've been thinking this scenario as well, especially knowing Rex's obession with CB's. However, we also know the team is on the market for an edge rusher and I could see us taking Griffen if he's available.

I think they really want Taylor, and that if that falls thru there's always Adalius Thomas waiting to be cut. Drafting edge-rushers for the 3-4 is tricky business, and the Jets have missed in recent years with Bryan Thomas and -obviously- Vernon. I think they avoid that position in the first round.

I really think they've come full circle back to CB being the pick with the Holmes trade. Just like they had at WR, they have very little behind Revis and Cro at CB. The nickel's a liability, and if one of them were to get hurt the whole defense would be hurting. The fans want more pass rush, but the Jets had the league's #1 passing dee with whatever they could get out of the blitz.

Jets are building a team that can beat the Colts and the Saints. They've added the offensive firepower, they need that extra CB to take away another target. Peyton doesn't get rattled by a pass rush.

Archived