Wilfat Not Impressed By The Jets' Off Season Moves

SoFlaJets

im not impressed with his choice of wife:

1201614880_4371.jpg

she did a good job for him though when he took her to meet with Goodell when he was considering suspending him for dirty plays with cheap shots to the knees. Has any Patriot ever been suspended by Goodell? The Jets have lost Eric Smith, Ellis, Pace and now Holmes to his preferential " only the 'elite' teams don't lose players to suspensions" treatment. Wanna bet Big Ben walks today?

she did a good job for him though when he took her to meet with Goodell when he was considering suspending him for dirty plays with cheap shots to the knees. Has any Patriot ever been suspended by Goodell? The Jets have lost Eric Smith, Ellis, Pace and now Holmes to his preferential " only the 'elite' teams don't lose players to suspensions" treatment. Wanna bet Big Ben walks today?

she did a good job? did she pull a monica lewinsky?

Wilfork not fazed by Jets moves

04.13.10 at 11:39 am ET

FOXBORO — Given their acquisitions of Antonio Cromartie, Santonio Holmes, and LaDainian Tomlinson, the Jets have been considered the most-improved team in the AFC East and a favorite to win a division title in the upcoming season. However, with concerns of Tomlinson’s decreased production and Holmes’ four-game suspension, a team that appears to have great potential may fail to gel. Vince Wilfork, speaking to reporters on Tuesday, discussed the Jets’ recent moves.

“On paper, they’re making moves and making great moves, but at the end of the day, the game is played between the lines,” Wilfork said. “It doesn’t mean anything to us one way or the other. We see the Jets twice a year, sometimes three. It doesn’t bother us whatsoever.

Wilfork, who sarcastically emphasized multiple time his desire for the Patriots to select only defensive linemen in next week’s draft, is less worried about the Jets (”hey, more power to them”) and more focused on seeing the team return to the Super Bowl caliber team he came to in 2004. He noted the return of David Patten as being a good move.

Even with the strides the Patriots have made at retaining their own players, including Wilfork and Leigh Bodden, some of the biggest names on the move this offseason will be playing under Rex Ryan. Wilfork still isn’t pulling out the tape measure when it comes to the AFC East.

“Those guys they brought are pretty good players, probably some of them elite players at their position. Hell of [a group of] players, but that’s something we’re going to have to deal with on the field.

“On paper you can look great. I’m pretty sure a lot of teams look great on paper, but putting it together is another thing. We can’t focus on what they’re going to do. We can only focus on what [are] our strengths, how we can get better day by day, each week.”

Hmmm...he said they were great moves on paper. Said they brought in some elite players. Said that you get paid to play. Focus is on his own team.

What's wrong with that? What did you want him to say? Oh, I know, "I am here to kiss Ryan's impending ring?" C'mon. I am hearing what I want him to say.....basically nothing.

You guys are s-e-n-s-i-t-i-v-e

He's says he's not concerned about the moves the Jets made, yet he's talking about them in April....

....yes, because it was in April that the reporters asked the questions about the moves the Jets made.

s-e-n-s-i-t-i-v-e

Forget Vince Wilfork, hes got one more season of being able to move before he gets stuck on his couch for the rest of his life. Every player on the Jets came to the Jets for one reason, a super bowl ring, and they're all gonna get one. I hope Mangold and Faneca kick his butt between the trenches when we play them.

What the hell is wrong with you people? Why are you busy insulting Wilfork's wife?

um...we're Jets fans...I only brought her name into it because she was instrumental in pleading Wilfat's case for not getting suspended to Goodell when he took out 2 rival QB's with below the knee or ON the knee shots-almost made it a trifecta on Pennington in Miami

Yes, but I am sure she is a good cook. He is not wasting away ...

If You Wanna Be Happy

Jimmy Soul

If you wanna be happy

For the rest of your life,

Never make a pretty woman your wife,

So from my personal point of view,

Get an ugly girl to marry you.

A pretty woman makes her husband look small

And very often causes his downfall.

As soon as he marries her

Then she starts to do

The things that will break his heart.

But if you make an ugly woman your wife,

You'll be happy for the rest of your life,

An ugly woman cooks her meals on time,

She'll always give you peace of mind.

Don't let your friends say

You have no taste,

Go ahead and marry anyway,

Though her face is ugly,

Her eyes don't match,

Take it from me she's a better catch.

Say man.

Hey baby.

Saw your wife the other day.

Yeah?

Yeah, she's ugly.

Yeah, she's ugly but she sure can cook.

Yeah?. Okay

If You Wanna Be Happy

Jimmy Soul

If you wanna be happy

For the rest of your life,

Never make a pretty woman your wife,

So from my personal point of view,

Get an ugly girl to marry you.

A pretty woman makes her husband look small

And very often causes his downfall.

As soon as he marries her

Then she starts to do

The things that will break his heart.

But if you make an ugly woman your wife,

You'll be happy for the rest of your life,

An ugly woman cooks her meals on time,

She'll always give you peace of mind.

Don't let your friends say

You have no taste,

Go ahead and marry anyway,

Though her face is ugly,

Her eyes don't match,

Take it from me she's a better catch.

Say man.

Hey baby.

Saw your wife the other day.

Yeah?

Yeah, she's ugly.

Yeah, she's ugly but she sure can cook.

Yeah?. Okay

Exactly what I was humming to myself when I posted, Jimmy. :cheers:

Everyone is starting to hate the Jets for all the right reasons. 'I hate the Jets' has taken on a brand new meaning. I'll never can that phrase, but haha, gotta love it.

Excellent point.

Everyone hated the Jets when they sucked, which wasn't cool. So everyone might as well hate them because they're winning and don't give a crap what other people think.

Archived