I am surprised Pats havent traded picks for players

SouthernJet

They love their draft picks. Guarantee they trade one of their second this year for a first in 2011. You'd think they'd've made a splash in the RFA market, too, but...

Eerily quiet in NE.

Didn't they actually trade down last year too? I wouldn't discount the thought of them having even more picks on draft day.

They traded the pick that BAL used to get Oher. I know Vollmer is looking good but they could have had Vollmer and Oher and have an elite OL for years to come. And two of the USC linebackers were still there and they needed linebackers. And they need a running game and didn't take Shonn Greene. It just goes on and on like that.

I also think taking Chung so high was a gamble. Chung played the Rover position, which is a hybrid safety/linebacker position. His transition to pure safety is not guaranteed. But I will say that sooner or later he is going to take a Jet receiver out of the game with a big hit. With his luck it will prolly be Clowney.

They traded the pick that BAL used to get Oher. I know Vollmer is looking good but they could have had Vollmer and Oher and have an elite OL for years to come. And two of the USC linebackers were still there and they needed linebackers. And they need a running game and didn't take Shonn Greene. It just goes on and on like that.

I also think taking Chung so high was a gamble. Chung played the Rover position, which is a hybrid safety/linebacker position. His transition to pure safety is not guaranteed. But I will say that sooner or later he is going to take a Jet receiver out of the game with a big hit. With his luck it will prolly be Clowney.

It is not as simple as Oher for Vollmer.

While I am not 100% sure on all the trades they had. They traded down in the 1st and then traded down again with the Packers. Then moved up in the second with Oakland(?) to get Brace(?) I think.

With Light (2010) and Kaczur (20120 in the fold, they did not need 2 tackles. Plus, while Oher and VOllmer had nice seasons, they still have a lot to proove.

Archived