Jets Nuggets from Cimini---Taylor on again

flgreen

Thursday Jet Nuggets from Cimini

Looking like JT to NY

By Rich Cimini

The Jason Taylor decision is taking longer than some folks in the Jets' organization expected, but they're giving him his space and it looks like they will be rewarded. The word close to Taylor is that he's leaning heavily toward accepting the Jets' offer, believed to be a two-year contract.

Not sure why it's taking so long, but don't be surprised if it goes into next week. Obviously, the Jets want to know before the draft, next Thursday, because it could have a dramatic impact on their draft strategy.

The locker room is open today to media. The newest Jet, former Steelers WR Santonio Holmes, is lockering in the old Brett Favre neighborhood, adjacent to the equipment room. Holmes is next to LB Bart Scott, one of the veteran leaders on the team. Smart move by the team, putting Holmes near Scott and not far from RT Damien Woody.

By the way, there was no sign of Holmes today. He's expected to arrive next week to start participating in the off-season program.

Jerricho Cotchery is excited about the Holmes addition. His initial reaction to the trade: We gave up a fifth-round pick and what else? When he found out there was no "what else?" in the package, Cotchery was ecstatic.

"We're going to be a headache for a lot of opposing defenses," said Cotchery, alluding to the Big Three -- himself, Holmes and Braylon Edwards. "We have a long list of weapons. A lot of opposing coordinators are looking at that right now and scratching their heads. They have to be thinking about drafting people that can cover us,"

Cotchery said the plan is for him to see more time in the slot than he did the last three seasons. He played in the slot in 2006, when the receiving corps consisted of Laveranues Coles and Justin McCareins, so he has some familiarity in that position.

Cotchery said he doesn't anticipate any problems with keeping all the receivers happy. As he said, "In the end, when you're winning championships, everyone is going to get taken care of."

Rumor has it that we may have a Leon Washington sighting today. Washington will sign his one-year tender today. The big question is whether he will join the off-season program. My gut says yes. The deadline for signing the tender is June 1, so his decision to sign now -- the last day for a restricted free agent to sign with another team -- indicates he's serious about rejoining his team.

Washington has been the only player skipping the voluntary workouts, resulting in a public scolding from Rex Ryan.

Thursday Jet Nuggets from Cimini

Looking like JT to NY

By Rich Cimini

The Jason Taylor decision is taking longer than some folks in the Jets' organization expected, but they're giving him his space and it looks like they will be rewarded. The word close to Taylor is that he's leaning heavily toward accepting the Jets' offer, believed to be a two-year contract.

Not sure why it's taking so long, but don't be surprised if it goes into next week. Obviously, the Jets want to know before the draft, next Thursday, because it could have a dramatic impact on their draft strategy.

The locker room is open today to media. The newest Jet, former Steelers WR Santonio Holmes, is lockering in the old Brett Favre neighborhood, adjacent to the equipment room. Holmes is next to LB Bart Scott, one of the veteran leaders on the team. Smart move by the team, putting Holmes near Scott and not far from RT Damien Woody.

By the way, there was no sign of Holmes today. He's expected to arrive next week to start participating in the off-season program.

Jerricho Cotchery is excited about the Holmes addition. His initial reaction to the trade: We gave up a fifth-round pick and what else? When he found out there was no "what else?" in the package, Cotchery was ecstatic.

"We're going to be a headache for a lot of opposing defenses," said Cotchery, alluding to the Big Three -- himself, Holmes and Braylon Edwards. "We have a long list of weapons. A lot of opposing coordinators are looking at that right now and scratching their heads. They have to be thinking about drafting people that can cover us,"

Cotchery said the plan is for him to see more time in the slot than he did the last three seasons. He played in the slot in 2006, when the receiving corps consisted of Laveranues Coles and Justin McCareins, so he has some familiarity in that position.

Cotchery said he doesn't anticipate any problems with keeping all the receivers happy. As he said, "In the end, when you're winning championships, everyone is going to get taken care of."

Rumor has it that we may have a Leon Washington sighting today. Washington will sign his one-year tender today. The big question is whether he will join the off-season program. My gut says yes. The deadline for signing the tender is June 1, so his decision to sign now -- the last day for a restricted free agent to sign with another team -- indicates he's serious about rejoining his team.

Washington has been the only player skipping the voluntary workouts, resulting in a public scolding from Rex Ryan.

I'll tell you why it's taking so ****ing long. The A-hole is still holding out hope the fins come in with an offer...the place he prefers to play...mean while, keeping the Jets in his back pocket...**** him.

I'll tell you why it's taking so ****ing long. The A-hole is still holding out hope the fins come in with an offer...the place he prefers to play...mean while, keeping the Jets in his back pocket...**** him.

Couldn't agree more ! Every few days his people come out with this " he's close to signing with the Jets" crap just to prod the Phags. F' em. Give him a deadline ( like today) to sign or adios

Thank you for this awesomeness!!!

Your right, that is exactly what he is doing. He was supposed to meet

Who gives a **** if we hate him? I'll love him if he comes in and gets 5+ sacks. He's a jerkoff, but if the Jets win a Superbowl I wouldn't care who was playing LB.

Most of you guys act like a bunch of silly little ****s.

Washington will sign his one-year tender today. The big question is whether he will join the off-season program. My gut says yes. The deadline for signing the tender is June 1, so his decision to sign now -- the last day for a restricted free agent to sign with another team -- indicates he's serious about rejoining his team.

O rly?

What it indicates to me is that Leon was willing to wait until the last possible moment to get a better offer from another team and, barring that, he'll sign now rather than wait until after the draft so he's available to be traded to another team that's willing to give him a multi-year deal.

Archived